No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Guardians cast have issued an official group statement on Gunn's firing:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/guardians-cast-unite-to-support-gunn/
    Last edited by QualityChimp; 31-07-2018, 11:32. Reason: Fixed link

Comment

Final trailer for Venom:

Comment

Sony Pictures has set “The Equalizer” scribe Richard Wenk to pen the script for the next “Spider-Man” spin-off film “Kraven the Hunter”. The long-time Spider-Man villain’s real name is Sergei Kravinoff, a Russian aristocrat who became obsessed with big game hunting and eventually develops superpowers after taking a voodoo elixir. The project will join “Venom” […]

Sony have hired the writer of The Equalizer to pen Kraven the Hunter.

Comment

Walt Disney Pictures isn’t going to be re-hiring James Gunn for “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” according to a new report at Variety. Gunn was let go a few weeks back after a bunch of poor taste joke tweets about rape and paedophilia, up to nearly a decade old, surfaced on a conservative blogging […]

Apparently Disney is happy to wait to find the right director for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3 so the film may be delayed

Comment

Following in the wake of the major cast releasing a joint statement supporting fired director James Gunn, actor Dave Bautista tweeted some personal thoughts on the matter last night and called the situation “pretty nauseating.” Gunn was let go from the upcoming “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” last month after old tweets that made […]

Dave Bautista is becoming more explicit in his wording regarding his thoughts on Gunn's firing saying only his contractual obligation is keeping him in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3 as otherwise he wouldn't want to do it anymore.

Following his comments earlier and his very vocal support for recently removed “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” director James Gunn, actor Dave Bautista is following that up with action. Speaking with The Short List, the actor who plays Drax the Destroyer in the two “Guardians of the Galaxy” films says he won’t return for […]

But followed that up later by saying that if Marvel refuse to use Gunn's script for the film he wants them to write Drax out of the film or recast the role rather than make him return to do it under someone else's writing.

“Avengers: Infinity War” directors Anthony and Joe Russo have recently revealed that there could be more appearances from “Captain America: The First Avenger” villain Red Skull in future Marvel Studios films. SPOILERS AHEAD FOR “AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR” During a recent fan Q&A held on Twitter to promote the ‘Infinity War’ home release, the pair were […]

The Russo's have said that following the events of Avengers: Infinity War, the MCU is free to feature Red Skull again and the writers of all three Captain America movies are keen to see the villain return.

Comment

New York Magazine energizes people around shared interests, igniting important conversations on the news, politics, style, and culture that drive the world forward.

Spider-Man: Far From Home has added Nick Fury and Maria Hill to the cast

Comment

James Gunn may have been fired by Walt Disney Studios from 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3,' but many in Hollywood are looking to work with the controversial filmmaker.

Several studios are said to be circling James Gunn aiming to snatch him up as soon as Disney makes itself clear that the 100% won't reverse their decision. The studios are said to include Warners/DC.

It's said that as no breach of contract exists, Gunn could still walk away with $7-10m from Disney and that the Mouse House does still intend to film Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3 using his script.

Comment

That Movieweb site state that they may not use his script at all. However, since it supposedly sets up Phase 4, it’ll demand a ****load of re-writes if they do.

I’m firmly of the opinion now that Disney have been hypocritical, reactionary and feeble-minded in this matter. They should not have fired the guy. Just my opinion, but the time to fire was 6 years ago. Now they just look like the BITCH of some alt-right crank.

Comment

The Disney decision just flys in the face of any opportunity for personal growth. I know for a fact that I'm a different person than I was 6 years ago, I'm sure James Gunn is too.
                    If this is the way the world is going you could find yourself fired for something you posted on Facebook when you were still in school!

Comment

Given the company image it'd be more understandable too if they weren't so damned hypocritical.

Gunn - "Those tweets from years ago, yeah, people are talking about them. you're fired"

Depp - "You assault crew staff, publicly abuse drugs and are accused of spousal violence. Sign here for Pirate's 6"

Comment

Yeah, if there was a clear set of standards, maybe this could be understandable. Or if it hadn't already played out years ago.

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                        If this is the way the world is going you could find yourself fired for something you posted on Facebook when you were still in school!
                        Yes, this is already the case. And I think it's the way it should be. I will go online trawling before I hire and I know most companies will for this exact reason. People, everyone (not just the James Gunns of this world), need to realise that stuff they spout online can come back and kick you in the rear end. Keep a clean social media, people!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          Yes, this is already the case. And I think it's the way it should be. I will go online trawling before I hire and I know most companies will for this exact reason. People, everyone (not just the James Gunns of this world), need to realise that stuff they spout online can come back and kick you in the rear end. Keep a clean social media, people!
                          In an angry rant when you are 14 you post something insensitive on Facebook...at the age of 42 you get called into your managers office and fired for the comment, and you are saying this is how it should be?

Comment

I'm saying people need to realise that social media is publishing and public, it represents you (and later others by association) and it will stick unless purged pretty quickly. And if they have no ability to filter and haven't at some point realised this and their social media is a filthy slum then that's going to tell an employer something about them and potentially create problems for the company. So yeah, I'm saying this is how it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              In an angry rant when you are 14 you post something insensitive on Facebook...at the age of 42 you get called into your managers office and fired for the comment, and you are saying this is how it should be?
                              This is how it's going to be, though. I'm really glad this stuff didn't exist until I was a bit older and wiser.

Comment

I don’t really wholeheartedly agree with this - only partially.

‘Young and stupid’ used to be a way to distance yourself from past mistakes. To indicate growth. To acknowledge that you have developed into a better person. I don’t think it’s healthy to hold people to account for things that they said when they were essentially still a child. I was ridiculously opinionated when I was younger - far more so than now. You just change. As long as you’re heading in the right direction, comments made in the past should be left just there, and condemned as the ignorant youthful stupidity they were. I don’t think it’s right to pay now for something I said aged 14. It just seems unreasonable to expect everybody to be mature and rounded from year dot, without threatening to nail them for it. Although, it can depend on the nature of the statement I guess. We just have to be careful not to be too damning, whilst being responsible and wary.

Occasionally I read old threads and laugh at the things I’ve put. Other times I cringe. It’s an eye-opener.

Comment

Working...
                                X