Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marvel remembers Stan Lee

Comment

Once again the axe gets hoisted back up into position having graved the neck of the show:

Marvel Entertainment has announced that it has handed out a seventh season order for “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”. The news is a surprise as the series has often been one of those ‘on the bubble’ in recent years. The sixth season isn’t scheduled to go to air until the second half of 2019. ABC president […]

Agents of SHEILD has been given an early renewal for Season 7

Comment

“Kubo and the Two Strings” and “Bumblebee” director Travis Knight has reportedly become the hot choice to replace the ousted James Gunn on the third “Guardians of the Galaxy” film at Marvel Studios and Disney Pictures. DisInsider reported the story, which remains a rumor for now, but says Knight has been someone Marvel Studios has […]

Also, the director of Kubo and the Two Strings & Bumblebee is said to be the favoured choice to take over Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          Agents of SHEILD has been given an early renewal for Season 7
          The geordie version, that one - Agents of Sheee-ild.

Comment

Sony’s animated feature “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse” is headed for an opening either just above or just below $30 million in early tracking figures ahead of its December 14th-16th weekend launch. The story centers on thirteen-year-old Brooklynite Miles Morales becoming one of many Spider-Men, is rated PG-13 and marketed toward families, with the hope that […]

It's not an MCU movie but Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse is on track to get around $30m in US opening takings which is pretty solid

Sony Pictures has officially announced today that they will release two untitled Sony/Marvel projects in 2020 – specifically one on July 10th and another on October 2nd. With “Spider-Man: Far from Home” set for July 2019 (and so no Spidey in 2020) and the solo Silver Sable and Black Cat films stalled in development, there’s […]

Sony have announced two more MCU movies from their stable will release in 2020, the dates are set as:

10 July 2020
            02 October 2020

With the state of Sony's current slate it's being taken as a given that one of those slots is for Morbius: The Living Vampire and the other for Venom 2

Comment

Sony races to get Venom out before Xmas on home media, got to love the marketing approach though:

Comment

With just weeks to go before Sony unveils the buzzy animated movie 'Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse,' Sony Pictures Animation is already in the process of putting the pieces together for not just a sequel but a spinoff as well. Joaquim Dos Santos has been tapped to direct the follow-up.

Also... dare I even mention the thought of another CU on the way?

With Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse looking to debut well, Sony is said to be heavily moving forward already with a sequel to that film and it's first spin-off which will focus on three female Spider characters, likely Spider-Gwen as one of them.

Comment

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...source=twitter

Also... dare I even mention the thought of another CU on the way?

With Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse looking to debut well, Sony is said to be heavily moving forward already with a sequel to that film and it's first spin-off which will focus on three female Spider characters, likely Spider-Gwen as one of them.
                  [MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION]! Come and look at this!

Comment

No. I won't.

Comment

The Netflix and Disney library of content divorce has dropped any sense of being amicable as Netflix has officially cancelled “Daredevil,” the first of its Marvel shows to premiere on the platform, after three seasons. This marks the third Marvel drama to be cancelled at Netflix in recent weeks, following “Iron Fist” and “Luke Cage” […]

Netflix have announced they have cancelled Daredevil meaning you might as well close the curtains on The Punisher and Jessica Jones as well now. It's now pretty clear that none of the Netflix Marvel shows will receive any closure and their Marvel output is coming to a close.

Comment

http://www.darkhorizons.com/netflix-...edevil-series/

Netflix have announced they have cancelled Daredevil meaning you might as well close the curtains on The Punisher and Jessica Jones as well now. It's now pretty clear that none of the Netflix Marvel shows will receive any closure and their Marvel output is coming to a close.
                        Yep. All part of marvels plan to bring it all to the PG rated Disney streaming service.

Boring!

Comment

It baffles me though as wasn't Daredevil the most well-regarded of the four series?

Perhaps Disney will do something interesting with these properties rather than just make them homogenised.

Comment

Well as SF says, their Marvel output could be coming to a close, especially with Disney gearing up for its own service. And with Netflix being so secretive on numbers, who knows if the shows were even working for them. I wouldn't be surprised if even Marvel don't know that. I know Dreamworks were being told nothing when it came to their Netflix shows. With that many shows in quick succession, they committed to a lot of money and while that shows an early faith, it also presents a target when it comes to saving money.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              Well as SF says, their Marvel output could be coming to a close, especially with Disney gearing up for its own service. And with Netflix being so secretive on numbers, who knows if the shows were even working for them.
                              Part of the problem concerns how Netflix translate watches to profit, because it must be a complicated picture. I mean in theory, Netflix's "perfect customer" is someone who subscribes but watches nothing, because they yield the biggest revenue with the lowest costs.

Their back-end telemetry must be pretty good, in terms of how they analyse it.

Comment

Netflix is so secretive about stuff but with Disney soon to be yanking all their content off Netflix it seems a given that things have soured between the two and presumably it became unlikely that Netflix would get more beyond the current shows. With Iron Fist and Luke Cage warranting the axe already Netflix presumably thinks the other shows aren't worth it as ongoing concerns as it seems Daredevil was still the most popular entry which is why the end is predicted for Punisher and Jessica Jones. Personally I have no doubt, they're 100% dead too, I can't see Disney picking up on them at all down the line. Hell, when it comes to the TV content, I'm still half expecting them to retcon the TV shows entirely when the films feel the need to use elements of them one day.

Comment

Working...
                                X