The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Last minute change, I reckon, given just how bad the effects were yet how great other visuals in the movie were. Nobody would have let that through unless there simply was no choice or they wouldn't make release date. Also all the toys back that up - there are several toys of Hulk bursting out of the Hulkbuster suit. All other toys follow what happened in the movie so it's safe to assume this was meant to happen too.
    Yeah, that was my suspicion too.
    I think it worked - the always likeable Banner got more screen time and laughs and it removed the Deus Ex Machina of "wouldn't Hulk just smash everyone?", but I just hope he gets chance to shine in Endgame.

Comment

It may not have been that last minute of a change, I mean, by that measure most of Black Panther's finale was a last minute change

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        Watched Captain Marvel at the weekend and it was decent. It's not amazing tier MCU stuff and despite the nods and de-aging effects I don't feel it sold the 90's action movie vibe anywhere near the level they'd talked it up as doing. It's a very interesting film from a reflection point of view though, Black Panther was a similar level of quality and has been raved out the ears yet I'd still rewach this over Panther in a heartbeat and I think it's because Captain Marvel was just fun whereas Panther is a bit of a trudge. When Endgame is out the way and Marvel sets about making Captain Marvel 2, hopefully they go all out as it's a solid foundation for her in a similar way that First Avenger was for the original Cap.
        Solid/decent is what i was give it to, felt humor was more subtle this time which i preferred to something like GOG2, but the story didn't quite do it for me, the only bit that got any emotion out of me was "just human" bit was fantastic, and then they ruin it with boring fights where i just felt nothing, just cgi and explosions like the awful endings(and films) to Batman v Superman and Justice League, i would liken to watching DBZ anime music video.

P.S. also agree with your most of your list.

Comment

The Very Good Entries:

-Captain America: The Winter Soldier
          -Guardians of the Galaxy
          -Iron Man 3
          -Iron Man
          -Thor
          -The Avengers
          -Captain America: The First Avenger.
          I'd be chucking Iron Man down the list and Thor way down the list and replacing them with Homecoming and Black Panther. I'd probably bump Ant-Man higher too but, otherwise, the list would be close to my own. Looking at them all laid out, while the bad ones for me fall quiet a bit lower than the good ones (there's a big drop), they're good or higher number is really high because I'd label Ant-Man, Ant-Man 2 and Doc Strange as being very enjoyable movies.

Comment

I don't mind the magical space explosions but the grounded no-powers fight was hampered by using shakycam.

Has John Wick taught them nothing?!

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how future films get around the Superman problem the character faces. She's epically over powered so the go to solution is to stack her against similarly powered enemies but that levels her out to simply being normal. It's going to be hard to keep her engaged in the MCU when she can annihilate every foe so easily.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how future films get around the Superman problem the character faces. She's epically over powered so the go to solution is to stack her against similarly powered enemies but that levels her out to simply being normal. It's going to be hard to keep her engaged in the MCU when she can annihilate every foe so easily.
                They could do a Spiderman 2 and remove her powers. Set up a bad guy, then she has to discover her powers again.

Comment

The idea that there is even a Superman problem seems wrong in itself. He has sustained a comic and, at times, many multiple comics for decades and decades. There is no shortage of ways to tell a Superman story.

The problem is when a writer (or indeed audience) thinks that the only thing to a superhero story is one character struggling to punch out another, which unfortunately is all too common.

Edit: related - this has just reminded me that there is a brilliant autobiographical graphic novel called It’s A Bird about a writer who gets to write Superman but can’t figure out how he should approach it while also dealing with the possibility that he could have inherited a nasty disease. It’s a superb read and also I seem to remember it being quite an insight into Superman. I highly recommend it.
                  Last edited by Dogg Thang; 11-03-2019, 18:37.

Comment

Marvel Studios is reportedly set to produce a new animated anthology TV series, based on its popular “What If” comic book series, which will air on the upcoming Disney+ streaming service. Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios will oversee the series which will NOT be canon in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Instead, the stories will explore […]

Marvel are planning a new series for the Disney+ Streaming service that isn't canon to the MCU but is directly connected to it. The show will explore what if scenarios to the MCU canon each episode allowing the actors to do single episodes per season.

Disney has reportedly set a March 20th closing date for its acquisition of 21st Century Fox. The date announcement was made in a press release in which Disney said it had received the last major approval for the deal from regulators in Mexico – the final hurdle it had to clear. 21st Century Fox shareholders […]

The merger between Fox and Disney will reportedly be complete in just seven days time.

After seemingly oversaturating the market with a couple of average films featuring the character, Sony Pictures managed to turn the tide on a growing apathy towards screen adventures with Spider-Man in the past two years. The new take on the live-action films with “Spider-Man: Homecoming” and its upcoming sequel, the box-office success of “Venom,” the […]

Sony meanwhile are going to refer to Spider-Man and the characters they oversee as the Sony Universe of Marvel Characters and have mapped out seven years of Spider-Man content on the big screen as well as TV.

Comment

Acclaimed “Short Term 12” director Destin Daniel Cretton has been set to helm “Shang-Chi” for Marvel Studios. Essentially a spin on the 1970s TV series “Kung Fu,” the comic follows a master of fighting who eventually gains the ability to create an infinite amount of replicas of himself. The character has been a member of […]

Marvel will need to announce Phase Four soon as news gets ahead of them. Destin Daniel Crettin has been hired to direct Shang-Chi

Comment

http://www.darkhorizons.com/cretton-...ios-shang-chi/

Marvel will need to announce Phase Four soon as news gets ahead of them. Destin Daniel Crettin has been hired to direct Shang-Chi
                        They really need to be on the ball with this, action-wise.
                        I love the Marvel films, but they've a habit of hampering the action with shakycam.
                        I mentioned that Captain Marvel has a lot of CGI action, but there's one sequence where her powers are contained and she has to fight without them. It's all over the place with shaking the camera.

It's not like the actors don't put the effort in.

They train and rehearse:

They pull it off on-set:

Then in the editing room, they shake it like a Polaroid picture:

We can't have another Iron Fist tragedy, this needs to have learned the lessons of John Wick, The Raid and any film with action directed by Sammo Hung.

Comment

Yeah, this is a constant source of frustration. As you say, films have shown how to do it and have been acclaimed for their action scenes. One move doesn't need 10 cuts of shakycam footage.

Comment

I mean, this is from the same film (Civil War), so they can do it.

Comment

New trailer for Endgame. Lots to love here but definitely passed the point where people should stop watching because they're showing too much. Make your choice! I watched it.

Loved those suits at the end!

Comment

Classic Cap for the win!

Comment

Working...
                                X