User Tag List

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Sony isn't wasting time either having released the first post for Venom

The first trailer is expected to hit sometime today

http://www.darkhorizons.com/venom-ca...ailer-fallout/

The link contains potentially much more detailed spoilers but the crux is that Carnage may not be in Venom much at all

New image released as reshoots are underway for Deadpool 2 amidst rumours aspects of the X-Force will appear in the film also

I'll post a fuller post later but I watched Black Panther today. The film was good on several levels, certainly felt like more thought had gone into it than some of the recent entries. There are several interesting points to it and it stands as an interesting standalone movie. However, one of the key points of the view is certainly its use of African heritage elements and how that also ties into its story. Put that oen aspect aside and you very quickly are left with a very flawed and generic film but it's elevated by the interest its setting and characters generate. Any sequel needs to expand in a similar way Winter Soldier did to First Avenger. This isn't top tier MCU but it is still pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    Sony isn't wasting time either having released the first post for Venom

The first trailer is expected to hit sometime today
    BOOBS!!!

I can't unsee that sexy white bikini!

To be honest my first post on Black Panther probably covers it enough. I quite like the cast (even if Era are once again massively overblowing Johnson's performance).

The big wins?

-No beam in the sky!
    -Solid action sequences
    -Fitting to the MCU yet still distinct visual style
    -Sets up a raft of likeable new characters quickly

What doesn't work?

-Under delivered villain who is set up strong but falls into the same MCU villain mould in the end
    -Incredibly poorly delivered sub-plot arm involving T'Challa's friend
    -Predictable plotting
    -Too little action

I could live without the Q-Lab moment too. I'm still not sure where I'd place this solely within the MCU, somewhere in the middle of the pack I'd guess. Certainly the current love fest surrounding the film is mostly due to other reasons than it's overall quality but as long as you don't get too caught up in the hype train and go in expecting a mind blowingly different kind of MCU experience, you'll do well with this.