No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have to agree with what others have said some of the cgi in this is appalling

That bit at the end with Bruce Banners head stuck out the top of the hulk buster is so ropey as f! its on par with the terrible cgi in the first harry potter film

Comment

Yep. I reckon that was never meant to be there and was a last-minute change, something backed up by some of the toys.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Yep. I reckon that was never meant to be there and was a last-minute change, something backed up by some of the toys.
        the first trailer had Hulk running alongside the avengers in Wakanda too.

Comment

That scene was just for the trailer anyhow... but point taken.
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

In spite of what they’ve said, I’m not 100% convinced of that given that it’s pretty clear he was supposed to make an appearance somewhere in there. Effects shots are expensive. While making or modifying a shot for a trailer is something that happens, getting a shot like that finished is a hefty investment if its only use is marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              In spite of what they’ve said, I’m not 100% convinced of that given that it’s pretty clear he was supposed to make an appearance somewhere in there. Effects shots are expensive. While making or modifying a shot for a trailer is something that happens, getting a shot like that finished is a hefty investment if its only use is marketing.
              I'm really not so sure.

For instance,

Thor had both eyes in parts of the Ragnarok trailer where we now know he had 1 eye in the final movie.

There were deviations from the final film in the Civil War trailer too, such as shots that airbrushed out Spider-man.

Normally it would be a big waste, but in this case, the shots are the same, and Hulk/Hulkbuster have a similar profile/silhouette. I don't think it'd be that big a deal if they cut the trailer, someone said "needs more Hulk" and they went back and did 2-3 shots.

Comment

I can't remember the Spider-Man ones but these sound like they are on a different level cost-wise to animating Hulk. Removing something (which depending on the shot may not have happened due to it needing to be added in the first place) is an easier job than animating, lighting and comping something like the Hulk. And then I'd have to ask why? You're right that it could simply be: let's have more Hulk. It's possible that's enough and so I can't say you're wrong. But the fact that it seems very clear the Hulk was initially intended to be in, at the very least, a section of the movie very shortly after that beat has me thinking it's more likely that the shot was probably intended to be that way at one point.

Comment

You can only assume that the change was made due to rewrites on Avengers 4. Given Banner's arc in A3 it could have led to his storyline feeling a little done by A4 so they might have felt like moving Hulk's return into A4 would improve that pacing of that film and then necessitate A3's ending being altered to put Hulkbuster in instead. Small stuff like Thor's eye makes sense as the trailer with both eyes came out pre-Ragnarok so it would have been a spoiler to show the patch at the time. It'll be a stretch on Avengers making all these changes because of the scale of the CG, still not as big an omission from the final film as this

Comment

In the wake of the release of “Avengers: Infinity War,” fans of the movie have picked it apart as per usual with stern criticism coming down on the behaviour of some of the characters. “AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR” SPOILERS AHEAD At several points in the narrative, the heroes seem to briefly have the upper hand – […]

Chris Pratt says those who criticise Star Lords' Infinity War actions are wrong - I agree with him

Comment

Former Pixar chief John Lasseter will exit his post as chief creative officer of Pixar and Disney Animation. The company announced the news on Friday. Lasseter was coming to the end of a six month sabbatical following multiple alleged misconduct claims with many wondering what Disney intended to do with him. It has now been […]

Not MCU related but we lost the Disney/Fox merger thread. John Lassetter will see his reign at Disney and Pixar end in failure later this year. After the 6 month break following multiple sexual harassment claims he will return as a Creative Consultant until 31 December 2018 when he will leave the mouse house for good.

Comment

Disney and Marvel’s “Avengers: Infinity War” should pass the $2 billion gross worldwide mark anytime now, confirming that many fans of the film are not only liking it but seeing it again and again. However, the film has also been subject to several criticisms – mostly over the ending. SPOILERS AHEAD Specifically there has been […]

The Russo's suggest that upcoming sequels in the MCU could be set pre-Avengers: Infinity War meaning any deaths remain permanent. Spider-Man 2 though is confirmed to be post-IW so that reset button is definitely getting pressed.

Comment

Comcast has reportedly just made a $65 billion all-cash offer for 21st Century Fox in an attempt to nab the company and its assets from Disney reports AdWeek, The New York Times and several other outlets. The offer comes in the wake of Tuesday’s verdict approving the merger of Time Warner and AT&T (or the […]

The X-Men may yet not return home after Comcast officially stepped in to try and outbid Disney. Their cash offer is good but generally considered to still be the lesser of the two deals on the table. Comcast will be hoping to start a bidding war with Disney so much will depend on what Disney's position is with Fox this close to the shareholders vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                            John Lassetter will see his reign at Disney and Pixar end in failure later this year. After the 6 month break following multiple sexual harassment claims...
                            Oh really? That's a difficult pill to swallow; he was always one of my heroes.

Comment

Disney ups its bid for Fox to a set up that makes Comcasts position a lot more shakey

Comment

Apparently Sony is lining up another spin-off, this time adapting Silk

Comment

Working...
                                X