No announcement yet.

The Star Wars Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new report indicates a third and yet to be announced live-action “Star Wars” series is being developed for the Disney+ streaming service. Said series would follow in the wake of the already in production “The Mandalorian” series and the proposed Cassian Andor series. Fantha Tracks broke the news, saying that according to publicly available […]

Another live action Star Wars series is stepping into production with the secretive work said to be revealed in April

Comment

We know that beloved director Taika Waititi (“Thor: Ragnarok,” “What We Do In The Shadows”) has helmed an episode of the upcoming first live-action “Star Wars” TV series “The Mandalorian” which is to premiere on the Disney+ streaming service. Surprisingly though, Waititi is also set to appear in a role. Showrunner Jon Favreau has shared […]

Taikia Waititi will voice of IG-88 in Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Comment

There is a leak of what is said to be a promotional poster for the new film, like that would go with merch rather than being an actual cinema poster. Seems probably legit but who knows? There are some really good artist fans out there who could put something together like this. If it's real, it has a really bad looking alien on it. And a distinct absence of Rose. Both of which would suck. And a really weird thing going on with 3PO that is the first thing that had me wondering if this could possibly be real but also sent my spoiler sensor into total overdrive.

I'm still battling a lack of trust in Abrams. He can be great but when he misses, man he misses big. Still, I seem to have liked all the recent Star Wars movies more than some have and, to me, every good Star Wars movie is a bonus and, if they're not good, well, it's only movies.

Comment

Yep, saw it and was immediately struck by the absence of a few characters including Leia and C3PO looking stupid. It's interesting too how the film is out in 8 months or so's time and there's suddenly zero more films lined up after it as opposed to a year ago when their was a dozen. Solo really did a number on the franchise.

Comment

It really did and, as much as I felt that film was a misstep from day one (as it turns out, I enjoyed the film for what it was), I’m surprised at how much it seems to have affected them. We’ve only had two side stories but they both seemed to come with an element of risk. If anything, that seemed to be the idea. Over four new movies, they are still massively profitable and, had their not been reshoots, the Solo loss would have been much less, if at all. So I would have thought they’d have enough confidence and strength of vision to stay the course for some time. But no. I can’t see Marvel pulling the plug on their next movies if a Howard the Duck movie bombs.

Comment

I can only assume they planned to rely heavily on those character spin-offs and pulling them in the wake of Solo has created a vacuum. Disney won't mind now because they've bought time by becoming the owners of Avatar so have four of those to fill that release slot up for the coming years but I imagine they'll be busy working away on a new trilogy outline. Hopefully it's something like a Knights of the Old Republic arc, Star Wars but unchained from the existing stuff.

Comment

One thing I just realised about that leaked artwork - Ren has his helmet back. If real (and it might be a waste of time writing words about something that could be fake...), that would be a rewind by Abrams of a key character beat from The Last Jedi. And if that's the case, I'd bet it's not the only one. Which would be a huge shame because, as much as it didn't work for some people, it will only make things worse to spend time in a new movie actively trying to give a previous movie less relevance than it already has. That would be a bad move.

Comment

I'm half expecting Ep IX to end with Kylo donning a recreation of Vaders mask and him taking on the role of New Darth Vader

Comment

That sounds remarkably plausible.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      There is a leak of what is said to be a promotional poster for the new film, like that would go with merch rather than being an actual cinema poster. Seems probably legit but who knows? There are some really good artist fans out there who could put something together like this. If it's real, it has a really bad looking alien on it. And a distinct absence of Rose. Both of which would suck. And a really weird thing going on with 3PO that is the first thing that had me wondering if this could possibly be real but also sent my spoiler sensor into total overdrive.

I'm still battling a lack of trust in Abrams. He can be great but when he misses, man he misses big. Still, I seem to have liked all the recent Star Wars movies more than some have and, to me, every good Star Wars movie is a bonus and, if they're not good, well, it's only movies.
                      first thing i thought when seeing that poster is

They are killing off chewie in this next film why else would 3PO have his Bandolier and crossbow. it could also be a scene where 3PO has to save him which would be a nice nod back to when chewie saved him from the scrapper

if its not real there are some strange choices for a fan made thing including that weird looking alien on the left.

Comment

That's EXACTLY what I thought! That's the "spoiler sensor overdrive" I was mentioning.

Comment

I like the individual films, Rogue One & Solo. 7 & 8 were absolute garbage though and I won’t be seeing anything to do with this new trilogy at all.

Comment

The first season of the first ever “Star Wars” live-action series won’t air until this Fall, but a new report indicates Disney and Lucasfilm have big plans ahead for the show. HN Entertainment reports that a second season of “The Mandalorian” is “already being planned and ordered by Disney streaming”. The show’s first season wrapped […]

Rumbles that Disney have already greenlit Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season 02

Comment

I always reckon they leak these stories themselves to make people think the first one must be really good if they are doing this. Remember when the last Fantastic Four film had its sequel greenlit before the first was out? Yep. I imagine it works the same for TV too.

Comment

We’ll get our first look at J.J. Abrams’ “Star Wars Episode IX” later this week when the trailer goes online during Abrams’ visit to the stage at the Star Wars Celebration convention. Abrams of course is returning to the film series following his helming of 2015’s “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”. That film was a […]

Wow, hype on Star Wars must be way down after Solo. This crept up out of nowhere but this weekend Lucasfilm will apparently release the first trailer for Star Wars: Episode IX

Comment

Working...
                                X