The Star Wars Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    Have you got a link [MENTION=2697]dvdx2[/MENTION]? Probably being dumb but I can't find the updates on google.
    Think they are sitting at (they are new updates to me!)
    2.7 sw
    2.0 ESRB
    2.5 Rotj

Comment

Ending up seeing Solo this morning with my eldest. She loved it so that in itself counts for something, I guess. I didn’t rate it but I brought some baggage in with me, admittedly. A few moments had me rolling my eyes hard. It’s not entirely an unenjoyable watch on its own though. Kind of like a cover version that, while accomplished and technically proficient, misses the best parts of the original.

Comment

As a Fathers day treat we went to see solo, as one of the people that thought this looked terrible in the first trailers i really enjoyed it. Excellent casting and a really fun lively romp through the underbelly of the star wars universe. Han worked well for me as he seemed to have naivety and charm (if you want bad casting just look at Valerian).

Yeah some bits didn't hit that well like the origins of his name and how he meets Chewie. but that aside the Lando/han relationship was pretty spot on, and his mentor in woody Harrilson was perfect. Pepper in some ace space battles, some really cool looking aliens and you've got a feel good romp that really did deserve to do better.

Comment

I know I've posted my Star Wars autograph Flickr set here previously, but figured I should showcase a rather special one I got hold of... George Lucas

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Appearing at All Star Comic Con this past weekend, voice actor Tom Kane reportedly revealed that Lucasfilm has approximately nine “Star Wars” movies currently in development. Kane, who voiced Yoda in “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” and Admiral Ackbar in “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” amongst others over the years, was reportedly counting both the […]

Voice actor Tom Kane has revealed that Lucasfilm have approximately nine movies in development at the moment. If we're to assume that that figure doesn't include proposed sequels to planned films then from rumour and confirmations we can assume the figure circles:

01 - Star Wars Episode IX
            02 - Star Wars Rhian Johnson Trilogy Episode I
            03 - A Star Wars Story III (Rumoured to be Obi-Wan)
            04 - Star Wars Benioff Weiss Trilogy Episode I
            05 - A Star Wars Story IV (Rumoured to be Boba Fett)

That would leave four more, it's possible that his info came from a time when Solo 2 was still considered a likely project but it'll remain interesting to see how many make it to screen in the wake of Solo's box office collapse.

Comment

I would say it is safe to assume that many of these won't happen. They'll develop a LOT of stuff with the intention of culling what doesn't work and reacting to what happens at the box office. Having seen and digested Solo a bit more, I personally have very little interest in spin-off films like an Obi-Wan movie or a Boba Fett movie. Mentally they are slipping into the same category as the cartoons (Clone Wars, Rebels, Droids) and Caravan of Courage more than Star Wars movies, something Rogue One totally avoided. That end cameo in Solo was the boot that kicked the movie into that category, achieving something I didn't think possible: making the prequels worse.

If that sounds damning, I still enjoyed watching it and I'm more glad that I did after a couple of days. It's fun... mostly... but it's not in the same league as a usual Star Wars movie for me.

Comment

I didn't mind the cameo so much but when I found out the arc for the character existed within the new canon animated series content already it killed it for me. Like Marvel, I find there's little reason or benefit to the TV content sharing the same universe to the Movie one, all it does it burn up ideas that would be more appealing on film. I've no interest in watching a kids animated series in order to make sense of cameo in the latest blockbuster.

Comment

Rebels is actually pretty decent overall. And they had already cameo in Rogue One in three different ways...
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I'm late to the party with Solo and thought it was excellent. Comfortably the best of the recent SW movies, just after Rogue One. I had lost some faith after The Last Jedi and this restored it!

Comment

In the wake of the disappointing launch of 'Solo: A Star Wars Story', Lucasfilm has put plans for more 'A Star Wars Story' spinoffs on hold and is instead focusing on 'Episode IX' and crafting a new trilogy.

Word is emerging that Lucasfilm are seemingly cancelling the Star Wars Story line of films to focus solely on Ep9 and the announced two trilogies going forward. Say goodbye Ewan fans.

Comment

Finally gave in and went to see Solo tonight. Wish we hadn’t bothered, thought it was utter ****. At no point did it even feel like I was watching a Han Solo story, the casting was awful. Disney started off so well but that’s two stinkers in a row for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                          http://collider.com/star-wars-spinoffs-on-hold/

Word is emerging that Lucasfilm are seemingly cancelling the Star Wars Story line of films to focus solely on Ep9
                          Oh maaaaan. I guess I'm not going to see the spin-off film we all wanted after all:

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Oh maaaaan. I guess I'm not going to see the spin-off film we all wanted after all:
                            I work with that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                              I work with that guy.
                              I work with a few of them...

salacious

səˈleɪʃəs/
                              adjective

• having or conveying undue or indecent interest in sexual matters.

Comment

Star Wars: Lucasfilm insists multiple films still in development
                                Lucasfilm describes reports that it's putting Star Wars spin-off movies on hold as "inaccurate"...

Great news! Finally my favourite character is getting a spin-off movie!

Comment

Working...
                                X