Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In seriousness, with the tempered glass protectors - if you clean the screen thoroughly with lens-cleaner before you put it on (and give it a few minutes to dry off), after you apply it, you honestly wouldn't realise it was there. They're nothing like the old sticky ones you used to get back in the GBA days.

Comment

The switch is not cheap, if that thing gets scratched you know Nintendo won't do squat to help you'd be forking out a fortune to get it repaired. A tenner for some protectors is a lot better than the risk of the other happening.

I look after my stuff to the point of been OCD which is why a lot of my older hardware looks like it is brand new, all my DS consoles have been protected apart from my original fat release one. Even with careful cleaning and care the touch screen of the fat has a million hairline scratches on it now. The fact is the plastic is just too soft to resist scratching, thankfully Nintendo finally moved away from a resistive screen so thats one area where you shouldn't scratch a switch but docking it is still a big risk.

Comment

Thanks for the screen protector advice guys...sorry about causing the argument though

Will order a set ready for the weekend

Thanks again

Neil

Comment

I bought foam things that go down the side of the dock instead. The dock would scratch the screen up otherwise. It also improves the action of the docking.

Comment

Right thing to do my screen protector has marks on it form the dock kids are never careful with it, I've since modded the dock with some sticky foam letters, (kids had a load of these) two Ls are the perfect width to keep the screen away from the plastic edge

its just as good a the above option a bucket of foam letters is a couple of quid
            Last edited by Lebowski; 12-11-2018, 09:30.

Comment

There's a tip you don't hear every day: get yourself a Switch and a couple of lower case Ls.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                There's a tip you don't hear every day: get yourself a Switch and a couple of lower case Ls.
                you use what you got, raiding the kids art supplies was the frugal fix that's still going strong nearly a year on .

Comment

ABZU is coming to Switch at the end of the month. It's a lovely swimming experience, kind of like Journey but underwater. It's really beautiful. It's worth checking out if you haven't played it before.

Comment

I'm still flabbergasted at how Diablo III runs on the Switch. This is a game I bought a brand new gaming laptop for back in 2012, and even that had issues holding on to 60fps at 1080p on max settings.

Fair enough; the Switch isn't running it at full 1080p - but to say I'm playing a game like this on a handheld, with online remotely thanks to 4G (and soon 5G ) is utterly astonishing. Easily the best port I've seen running so far, at least on a technical level. It's something else.

Comment

You getting Let's Go Pikachu, Dave?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                        You getting Let's Go Pikachu, Dave?
                        Nah, I tried to like Pokémon back with Sapphire on the GBA - despite the interesting monsters I found it a bit too grindy for very little return/reward. I've got Emerald here after trying again a couple of years back, but I got to a point where I needed to go back and get a particular Pokémon in order to progress. I just left it there.

Comment

Aside from HM usage I can’t say I’ve encountered a situation like that before.

More of than not I use one Pokemon the entire game and have a bunch of HM slaves for getting around. lol

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                            Aside from HM usage I can’t say I’ve encountered a situation like that before.

More of than not I use one Pokemon the entire game and have a bunch of HM slaves for getting around. lol
                            I did, funnily enough, in Y. I got all the way to the end having not created a decent Electric type (I just never happened to catch one). I ended up having to level up a Jolteon to beat one of the Elite Four.

Comment

Just bought SNK 40th anniversary from the USA store , wow a amazing history of SNk before all the metal slugs and king of fighters.

never played most of these games and the emulation is perfect , if you like retro it’s a Must buy

Comment

One thing I'll say; I normally don't mind digital games, but they're a real ****ter for when you want to buy someone something for Christmas. Buying them a code just isn't the same as buying them an actual object, no matter what people might suggest.

Comment

Working...
                                X