Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the chances each set comes with three or four copies? At the least I'd expect two.

Comment

I just can't see the cardboard with string attached for pulling and tugging standing up to kids playing with it, let alone adults.

Comment

There are snippets of other stuff outside of the first two sets including flight controls. Pilotwings?

There's also a pump action shotgun, a camera, and a bird, and a couple of other weird things.

Comment

i've seen the price bounded around of $80.00... jesus, i hope that's just retailers just slapping a random price on it for pre-orders.

Comment

Nope, one of the sets is $70, the other is $80!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
              Zero gunner 2 has just launched on the Japanese e shop
              And now dated on the UK store for 24 January at £6.99 with Strikers 1945 coming the day after.

Comment

I love the concept but seriously what's the return policy on the kits given they're card board? You can get kids will break these kits in a matter of days/hours.

I also guess whatever the interface/tracking is on the apps doesn't care about the kit pieces and there will be a niche market in better 3D printed custom pieces?

Comment

I enjoyed watching that video. Won't be buying any of these though. If I have $80 to drop on gaming-related stuff, I'd rather get a couple of new games.

Comment

They've still yet to fully set out the pricing but it seems like the more complicated sets like the piano set take up to 2hrs to build and use reflective tape in combination with the sensors to achieve their results. The pricing is definitely being banded around at $60-$70 depending on the scale and complexity of the kit but the key factor for now with these prices is that the price is also covering the software.

If the software equates to fully formed games then the pricing isn't going to be too bad compared to usual rrps and suggest solo sets without the software won't be too excessively priced. If it's filler rather than killer (like Wii Music) then they can jog on

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                      And now dated on the UK store for 24 January at £6.99 with Strikers 1945 coming the day after.
                      Just what I wanted to hear Cant wait to play Zero Gunner again ... Strikers II isn't too shabby either. Ace.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                        Nope, one of the sets is $70, the other is $80!
                        Ahahahahahahahahahahaha. $80 for some cardboard tat that wil fall apart in a week.

Brilliant. I’m getting in on this action if people are actually dumb enough to drop that on some boxes.

I’ve got thousands of imagination boxes In all sizes, drop me a pm and I’ll sort out dimensions, only £40 2pack DELIVERED!

Comment

Only Nintendo could sell cardboard for $80 and people lap it up . I love switch but this is gash

Comment

Ace news re: Zero Gunner 2. I just came to post about it appearing on the Japanese store, but missed that it was going to be imminently released here for £6.99 - mega-bargain.

I think Labo looks great, btw. Caught me completely by surprise, but after taking some time to process it I think it's a lovely idea and exactly why I'm so glad when Nintendo does its own thing. Can see it selling even more Switch units, too.

Comment

While labo is expensive people must surely be aware that there's a physical copy of the game in there it's not just a pile of cardboard and a digital download code?

As for that cardboard you don't even need the full labo kits as nintendo is planning on offering the templates for free if you just want to totally go it alone on the arts & crafts
                              Update (1/18): Unfortunately, IGN France’s information was correct, and the site has now posted a retraction. Contrary to its first report, you will not be able to receive the cardboard patterns for free. Original (1/17): IGN France appears to have a bit of additional information about Nintendo Labo. According to the site’s report, “the kits will not be mandatory –...

Even though i love doing maker stuff it's sadly a little out my age bracket, but if i was a kid stilll it's something that i could see myself doing. Fun to see nintendo at their weirdest, been a while since i have seen them totally go all out. For maker kids that own a switch i could see this been a lot of fun. It does remind me of Segas lets tap on the wii that used exactly the same idea except you put the wiimote on a single box to control the games.

Comment

Tweaked my grey Switch, for a grand total of £15. Plus i treated myself to a new Tri Wing screwdriver.

Comment

Working...
                                X