Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's wrong with sending the joycon back to Nintendo? Mine is being sent after this weekend when it's going to be thirteen months old. I've been dealing with Nintendo in Germany tho, so they might be a bit more sound.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      What's wrong with sending the joycon back to Nintendo? Mine is being sent after this weekend when it's going to be thirteen months old. I've been dealing with Nintendo in Germany tho, so they might be a bit more sound.
      More than a year old and they're being arses with my cracked Switch. If I can do it myself so I'm not without the Switch for weeks that's best case scenario.

Comment

What's wrong with sending the joycon back to Nintendo?
        Nintendo UK are pretty strict with adhering to the 12-month warranty - any repair requests outside of this will be charged for. I can vouch for this from personal recent experience.

That said, it's worth keeping in mind that you get a two-year extended warranty when you purchase from the Nintendo UK Store.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
          More than a year old and they're being arses with my cracked Switch. If I can do it myself so I'm not without the Switch for weeks that's best case scenario.
          When you press the crack back together with some pressure from your fingers does it totally vanish?

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
            Nintendo UK are pretty strict with adhering to the 12-month warranty - any repair requests outside of this will be charged for. I can vouch for this from personal recent experience.

That said, it's worth keeping in mind that you get a two-year extended warranty when you purchase from the Nintendo UK Store.
            Even in the 12 month they are arseholes. My Brother's Switch had the same issue and they wanted £180 to repair!!

Comment

When you press the crack back together with some pressure from your fingers does it totally vanish?
              It does. What say you Mr Dave?

Comment

Modelling cement.

Take it into a Games Workshop and show them. They'll know precisely what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  Even in the 12 month they are arseholes. My Brother's Switch had the same issue and they wanted £180 to repair!!
                  That is disgraceful.

Sadly, I can't say that I'm surprised. They wanted £80 from me a few years ago when I wanted them to repair the SD card slot
                  cover on my OG 3DS XL and I was only a week or so out of warranty.

Their customer service used to be genuinely top-draw. Now it seems to be about money-grabbing at every opportunity.
                  Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 31-03-2018, 10:20.

Comment

The crack has spread now. It's like a triangular piece of plastic is ready to fall out if the back shell.

Docked mode-me-do until my replacement backplate arrives.

Comment

The Splatoon 2 euro final is about to start:

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Managed to source some conductive foam from eBay.

Hopefully due to arrive on Tuesday / Wednesday so that's not too bad.

Backplate is shipping from Hong Kong so that could be a couple of weeks before that arrives.

Comment

In the up to the big summer blow out when the full Switch crack is publicly released, early tinkerers have already begun to test out what the Switch will be capable of supporting under the exploit.

Developer CPasJuste has ported the awesome ScummVM to the Nintendo Switch. You’ll of course need a hacked Switch (for now, this means running on firmware 3.0.0) in order to run this. What is ScummVM...

ScummVM is mostly up and running on the system

Comment

SNK have announced SNK 40th Anniversary Collection for the NS.

Key focus will apparently be 80's era releases which explains the absence of their well known series so far.

Comment

Did anyone mention Firewatch? I will happily play this again on Switch.

Comment

Fixed my Switch. Happy days!

Comment

Working...
                                X