This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    Rehashes of the Sonic Adventure games? Good lord.
    I would actually buy a proper rework to those, but just for Dreamcast nostalgia.

Sega will probably want £44.99

Comment

And you'd have to download everything past the first levels of each game onto a 128GB memory card. Go Switch!

Comment

They were on the PS3. If they do make it to Switch, I would expect them to be download only and pretty much exactly as they are already.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          They were on the PS3. If they do make it to Switch, I would expect them to be download only and pretty much exactly as they are already.
          Yeah, and I wouldn't buy them; Sonic Adventure 1 in particular was terrible on 360/PS3.

The PC version is actually modded, fans have fixed tons of stuff with it, like an uncapped framerate and making the game full widescreen.

Comment

It sounds like it's actually a pretty rubbish time to buy a Switch.

Well, at least my son won't hassle me for loads of games when there are so few coming out for it...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              It sounds like it's actually a pretty rubbish time to buy a Switch.
              Nah, don't listen to our collective whinge.

The machine already has enough games to justify the purchase, especially if you factor in the indies, and the console's gimmick is pretty awesome. We have a friend visiting this week and I was worried I would have to buy another pad, until I remembered that we technically have 4, as we have 4 JoyCons and we'd probably only play MK8.

Comment

Yep. I already have more games for my Switch than I did for my WiiU. That's not hard but I also have more games for my Switch than I did for my PS3 and 360.

Comment

Any good bundles knocking about, chums?

Comment

Tesco direct where doing it at £274 with mario odyssey or mario kart but that deals gone now, best deal at the moment is If your getting it and a couple of games, Tesco have a code for £35 off £350 spend which makes your first two games pretty much half price

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post

The PC version is actually modded, fans have fixed tons of stuff with it, like an uncapped framerate and making the game full widescreen.
                      Any game that needs fanmods to considerably improve it isn't a good game at all.

Comment

I guess there is a difference between needing fanmods and benefitting from fanmods. But as much as I enjoy Sonic Adventure, playing it again with my kids has definitely revealed it to be, well, a bit janky. That said, I think most 3D games from that time suffer from similar problems to varying degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                          Tesco direct where doing it at £274 with mario odyssey or mario kart but that deals gone now, best deal at the moment is If your getting it and a couple of games, Tesco have a code for £35 off £350 spend which makes your first two games pretty much half price
                          Thanks, mate.
                          I'll enter the code LEBOWSKI at the checkout page for a discount.

The way you lot moan, I thought someone would want to offload theirs pronto!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            I guess there is a difference between needing fanmods and benefitting from fanmods.
                            No well-built game should ever be at a point where fanmods come in and "fix" what is broken, for there shouldn't be anything broken to begin with.

Comment

It's technically a great time to buy Switch if only because you'll definitely end up with a model you can bust open to the CFW goodness down the line.

Switch... it's good but mileage largely comes from how much time the user has spent with the WiiU. If you've already exhausted those games the Switch is alright but a bit stretched. If not then it's been a stellar first year.

Comment

No, we had a Wii, so it'll all be fresh.

Caning all the sites for bargains.
                                That Tesco offer seems the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X