This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Dodgy dpad on the pro. Unacceptable given the price.
    This.

The Wii U Pro Controller is comfortably superior.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      Dodgy dpad on the pro. Unacceptable given the price.
      Nothing wrong with mine. It's perfect.

Comment

Lucky you

It's a well documented problem mate.

I wish my hori had rumble but I don't care about any of the other missing features; I'll never by an amiibo for example.

Comment

I don’t know what you’re talking about, pro pads are absolutely perfect.
          See even says so in the article, perfect.

Over the last year, the Nintendo Switch has built up an impressive collection of 2D side-scrollers and classic arcade games. Unfortunately, those games rely heavily the D-Pad, and the D-Pad on the Switch Pro Controller can be frustratingly unreliable. Last weekend I fixed mine, and you can, too.

Comment

Dodgy dpad or not, the Switch Pro controller > WiiU one with ease and I say that having liked the predecessor.

Comment

I liked the eighty hour battery, but I'd happily trade forty of those hours for gyro.

I'd trade another twenty for analogue triggers.

Comment

Oh man, the Pro controller really needed analogue triggers...

Anyone know where I can get the 8bitdo controller which looks like a Super Famicom (PAL Super NES) pad? Amazon and eBay seem to full of fakes from Chinese retailers, sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Protocol Penguin View Post
                  Oh man, the Pro controller really needed analogue triggers...

Anyone know where I can get the 8bitdo controller which looks like a Super Famicom (PAL Super NES) pad? Amazon and eBay seem to full of fakes from Chinese retailers, sadly.

Comment

Today, Microids provided brand new information about the Toki remake for Switch. The shoot ’em up platformer, which originally came out for arcades in 1989, is seeing a release in November. Here’s an overview and new screenshots: Toki sets off on a new adventure! The cult action/platform game originally released on arcade machines in 1989 is back with a super-simian...

Toki remake launches in November – collector’s edition revealed, new screenshots and details

"Today, Microids provided brand new information about the Toki remake for Switch. The shoot ’em up platformer, which originally came out for arcades in 1989, is seeing a release in November.

Toki sets off on a new adventure! The cult action/platform game originally released on arcade machines in 1989 is back with a super-simian new version, featuring all-new hand-drawn graphics and re-orchestrated music!

Toki the warrior lived peacefully in the jungle with his sweetheart Miho. Appearing out of nowhere, the terrifying voodoo sorcerer Vookimedlo and heinous demon Bashtar kidnap Miho and turn the poor Toki into a chimpanzee! Unfortunately for his sweetheart, he has become a hairy, lethargic ape…

Rediscover Toki 30 years on: Playing as Toki, explore lush environments invaded by foul creatures! The Labyrinth, Neptune Lake, the Cave of Fire, the Ice Palace, the Jungle of Darkness and the Golden Palace are infested with Vookimedlo’s lackeys. Saving Miho won’t be easy! These despicable and terrifying beings have friendly names like Boloragog, Rambacha, Mogulvar, Zorzamoth and Bashtar… And if Toki’s looks are anything to go by it will be no walk in the park! You’ll have to make the best of it to succeed. Luckily, Toki can walk, jump, swim, climb and spit! That’s right, he uses his saliva to great effect to dispose of his enemies…

Rise to the legendary difficulty of the Golden Age of video games:”Insert coin”… Remember spending all your hard-earned pocket on the arcade machines to complete your favourite games? Now you can enjoy the same challenging gameplay without breaking the piggy bank. Put your name at the top of the high score table!Rookie players can also enjoy the game with a new easier mode.

A masterfully made remake: The game has been entirely redrawn by hand by Philippe Dessoly, illustrator of well-known manga cartoons, such as Captain Harlock and UFO Robot Grendizer, comics and video games. He also worked on the Amiga version of Toki back in 1991 and the game Mr. Nutz in 1992. His drawings have further improved Toki’s apish good looks. The music has been fully re-orchestrated by composer Raphael Gesqua, providing a retro and modern soundtrack for Toki’s adventure. This award-winning composer has created the music for more than one hundred video games. On the technical side, developer Pierre Adane has worked tirelessly to bring this thrilling experience to life. He also worked on Mr. Nutz (1992) and created the tennis game Top Spin (2003).

toki-4
                    toki-3
                    toki-2
                    toki-1
                    toki-5

Microids will be offering a collector’s edition for Toki, otherwise known as the “Retrollector Edition”. It includes a copy of the game, an exclusive 16-page Toki comic with an original story illustrated by Philippe Dessoly, prints, sticker sheets, and a mini arcade machine with the game’s colors to house the Switch screen.

Pre-orders are thus far open on Amazon UK here. Toki launches November 22 for Switch."

Comment

Expect it to make waves shortly on forums but on GBAtemp the first reports are starting to come in it seems that the Mariko revision for the Nintendo Switch that blocks the recent hacking has finally hit the market. Those buying brand new units are now more likely to not be able to mess around with their Switches it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        https://nintendoeverything.com/toki-...s-and-details/

Toki remake launches in November – collector’s edition revealed, new screenshots and details

"Today, Microids provided brand new information about the Toki remake for Switch. The shoot ’em up platformer, which originally came out for arcades in 1989, is seeing a release in November.

Toki sets off on a new adventure! The cult action/platform game originally released on arcade machines in 1989 is back with a super-simian new version, featuring all-new hand-drawn graphics and re-orchestrated music!

Toki the warrior lived peacefully in the jungle with his sweetheart Miho. Appearing out of nowhere, the terrifying voodoo sorcerer Vookimedlo and heinous demon Bashtar kidnap Miho and turn the poor Toki into a chimpanzee! Unfortunately for his sweetheart, he has become a hairy, lethargic ape…

Rediscover Toki 30 years on: Playing as Toki, explore lush environments invaded by foul creatures! The Labyrinth, Neptune Lake, the Cave of Fire, the Ice Palace, the Jungle of Darkness and the Golden Palace are infested with Vookimedlo’s lackeys. Saving Miho won’t be easy! These despicable and terrifying beings have friendly names like Boloragog, Rambacha, Mogulvar, Zorzamoth and Bashtar… And if Toki’s looks are anything to go by it will be no walk in the park! You’ll have to make the best of it to succeed. Luckily, Toki can walk, jump, swim, climb and spit! That’s right, he uses his saliva to great effect to dispose of his enemies…

Rise to the legendary difficulty of the Golden Age of video games:”Insert coin”… Remember spending all your hard-earned pocket on the arcade machines to complete your favourite games? Now you can enjoy the same challenging gameplay without breaking the piggy bank. Put your name at the top of the high score table!Rookie players can also enjoy the game with a new easier mode.

A masterfully made remake: The game has been entirely redrawn by hand by Philippe Dessoly, illustrator of well-known manga cartoons, such as Captain Harlock and UFO Robot Grendizer, comics and video games. He also worked on the Amiga version of Toki back in 1991 and the game Mr. Nutz in 1992. His drawings have further improved Toki’s apish good looks. The music has been fully re-orchestrated by composer Raphael Gesqua, providing a retro and modern soundtrack for Toki’s adventure. This award-winning composer has created the music for more than one hundred video games. On the technical side, developer Pierre Adane has worked tirelessly to bring this thrilling experience to life. He also worked on Mr. Nutz (1992) and created the tennis game Top Spin (2003).

toki-4
                        toki-3
                        toki-2
                        toki-1
                        toki-5

Microids will be offering a collector’s edition for Toki, otherwise known as the “Retrollector Edition”. It includes a copy of the game, an exclusive 16-page Toki comic with an original story illustrated by Philippe Dessoly, prints, sticker sheets, and a mini arcade machine with the game’s colors to house the Switch screen.

Pre-orders are thus far open on Amazon UK here. Toki launches November 22 for Switch."
                        Worth pointing out that this is indeed the Toki HD remaster that was originally scheduled for PS3 and 360 back in 2010. Looks like the original project developer, Golgoth Studio, has been able to save it from development hell.

They were also planning an HD remaster of Data East's Caveman Ninja. I wonder if that'll be resurrected.

Comment

Freemium Galak-Z game came out the other day - Variant S.

Comment

Turns out Animal Crossing on GameCube actually had a full nes emulator hidden inside it all this time, that would in fact run any nes rom you had loaded on the GC memory card, provided you had the right type of rom in the correct format.

Full story here

A deleted feature from Animal Crossing for the GameCube would have let you play a library of 8-bit Nintendo Entertainment System games off of your memory card, a passionate and talented fan of the game found out this week.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              Turns out Animal Crossing on GameCube actually had a full nes emulator hidden inside it all this time, that would in fact run any nes rom you had loaded on the GC memory card, provided you had the right type of rom in the correct format.

Full story here

https://kotaku.com/someone-discovere...1827591135/amp
                              I always thought that was well-known though? Surprising to see this reported this week.

I'm now expecting GC Animal Crossing to inflate in price considerably on the retro market if the hack becomes widely accessible.
                              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 14-07-2018, 15:42.

Comment

Japanese eShop advertising 30% off ARMS and MK8D in a couple of days, hopefully we'll see the same discount so I can digitally-dip for MK8D.

Comment

Working...
                                X