X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Smash is looking good.

Comment

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 08-08-2018, 14:32.

Comment

Shame they found effort to count the amount stages and music and make a few more echos but not turn Shovel Knight in a proper character. A assume one of the new entries now will definitely be a monster hunter adventurer with the Rathian boss and MH stage in the game and Dedede after the bait and switch.

Comment

There’s been waaaay too much emphasis on smash , it’s ok but not that great imho

Comment

Y'all are philistines. I think it looks great

Comment

Yeah but it's just Smash 4

Comment

The return of King K Rool did put a smile on my face. It does look solid but yeah, there's really no need for them to leave nothing to discover in the final release. They're done close to two Directs in a row on it now, time to dig out other games from their dev line and start showing that they aren't going to let the Switch whimper the way Wii and WiiU were left to.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  The return of King K Rool did put a smile on my face. It does look solid but yeah, there's really no need for them to leave nothing to discover in the final release. They're done close to two Directs in a row on it now, time to dig out other games from their dev line and start showing that they aren't going to let the Switch whimper the way Wii and WiiU were left to.
                  I predict at least another two directs, with one announcing a demo weekend.

Comment

Smash looks great but I've never really "got it".

Comment

Hmm seems the taiko drums have been upgraded vastly since the wii days, least i know they are responsive enough to cope with 10 star songs.

Comment

time to dig out other games from their dev line and start showing that they aren't going to let the Switch whimper the way Wii and WiiU were left to.
                        Lol. Classic Bordersdown Forum behaviour - pretending that Nintendo didn't sell 100m units of the Wii.

But yes, enough of the premium-priced Wii U software rehashing and endless eShop indie/mobile filler for Switch. Fresh, new current-gen content is sorely, sorely needed.

Comment

I didn't mention the Wii's hardware sales. It did however lose steam before it needed it as Nintendo took its foot off the gas hard with the Wii through sheer laziness, little wonder Skyward Sword underperformed so heavily as the userbase had grown bored and moved on waiting on Ninty. That said, I read the other day Ubisoft is still releasing Just Dance on it so someone made an effort for longterm support.

Despite the success they've had with Switch they really need the system to crack comfortably past the 100m lifetime figure and they'll easily miss it if they don't show they've learnt software content will drive that. Last year looked promising but 2018 is undoing that good will.

Comment

I didn't mention the Wii's hardware sales. It did however lose steam before it needed it as Nintendo took its foot off the gas hard with the Wii through sheer laziness
                            That's debatable. The Wii did what it needed to do commercially and sold super-well before things slowed. I'm more than happy to accept that there was a hell of a lot of shovelware on the system but Skyward Sword's relative commercial failure doesn't really mean much - the Super Mario Galaxy games underperformed as well and that was during the Wii's prime.

Despite the success they've had with Switch they really need the system to crack comfortably past the 100m lifetime figure
                            Says who?

Again, context is all-important here. Given the massive failure of the Wii U and the fact that the Switch is clearly archaic technology with very little R&D spent on it, 50m global unit sales of the Switch would easily and rightly be seen as a big success.

All that said, I agree about there being a need for new, original content on it.
                            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 09-08-2018, 09:15.

Comment

Skyward Swords sales were quite embarrassing, whilst the Wii was very casual friendly there was little excuse for the game to sell to such a small percentage when even their smaller success consoles easily outpaced it. That laziness Nintendo had developed due to the Wii's success would go on to become the lifeblood that fuelled the WiiIU's conception, execution and failure. Honestly, I'm kind of expecting a very sobering 2019 for software on Switch.

Unless they release a replacement for the 3DS then the Switch represents the merging of two markets for Nintendo. They could look at 50m units lifetime and think that was a profitable success but it'd also be another massive shrinkage of their overall footprint. They're looking at around 90m just to match pace.

Comment

I think everyone had already forgotten what the Wii was by the time Skyward Sword came around.

Comment

Working...
                                X