Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might have been mentioned here already but buried in the tales of woe but it turns out that Taiko No Drum Game will be getting a physical release in Europe along with the drum set too. So that’s cool.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      Is Steve Jobs working on the NeXTbox?
      B'dum tish!

He's here all week, ladies and gents! Also taking bookings for weddings and bar mitzvahs. BOOK NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT!!
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 09-08-2018, 19:44.

Comment

Glad you liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          Glad you liked it.
          Yurp. Deffo got my 2019 BAFTA nomination sewn up, no question!

Comment

I don't mean released within the next 12 months but certainly all attention will be on them within that time when Switch should be enjoying the start of its mid-life peak and full steam releases

Steep has been cancelled on Switch. Not sure its a bad decision

Comment

I don't even think we'll hear much about all-new Sony and MS consoles within the next year either.

Comment

You have a tendency to express your desire as fact. Not convinced all attention will be on PS5 and XBoxTwo within 12 months at all and, even if it happened somewhere right at the end of that timeline, it’s beyond Nintendo’s control and won’t be influenced by whatever they are doing at their “mid-life peak”. Also it’s not even a year and a half old so your idea of mid-life feels like it’s coming a little early.

Comment

EDIT: Just realised that Dogg Thang might've been referring to Superman Falls instead of me - no quote! Apologies.
                  Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 09-08-2018, 20:51.

Comment

EDIT: deleted due to general misunderstandings.
                    Last edited by Dogg Thang; 09-08-2018, 20:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      Dude, I was replying to SF.

And please chill.
                      I'm aware of that now. Mea culpa.

Maybe try quoting though so it's clear?

Comment

Yeah sorry - you must have been replying as I was writing. I didn’t notice, sorry.

Comment

EDIT: Gah, was trying to edit post above. This post is now wasted.

Comment

"buried in the tales of woe" hahahah.

Taiko with the drum is cool. I'm still waiting on impressions of how it is to play with the Joycon from someone on here. Surely someone has it?!

Comment

MS and Sony's consoles are already unofficially talked about, they're definitely going to be discussed widely from as we get into next year whether Sony and MS want people to or not, especially when E3 starts to roll around again. XBO and PS4 will be deep in Year 6 and peering into Year 7 by then so it'd be weird if focus wasn't turning to what was coming next. Meanwhile Switch will be getting well into its third year and during this peak time be expected to have prime focus on its remaining Year 3 line up going into Year 4, that's bearing in mind they've yet to have a system that made it far into its sixth year before a successor so Switch will be mid-life, so fleeting are these machines in reality.

When you factor in the multi-year development cycles for software and the sparse run Nintendo has been on for much of the last few years its almost unreasonable not to expect them to be coming out with steady title reveals to make sure the Switch remains relevant in the face of the market realities its in and will be in before they know it.

Comment

You’re bending time like Dr Strange. So it feels what you meant when you said in the next 12 months or so is really at the very end of 12 months or probably later. As for the market realities, the one that Nintendo have only seemed to care about is whether it can keep on doing what it does. Comparisons or lack of top positions haven’t quite stopped it yet so, as long as they are selling Switches and software (and they are) I’m not sure the rest matters. Unless you’re a shareholder and have an enemy in Sony or MS, I guess. It feels like you are trying to create scenarios which don’t yet exist and apply them where maybe they don’t have a huge amount of relevance to create a more negative picture. Or maybe justify a will for them to fail, I honestly don’t know.

Personally, I think any system needs a varied selection of games to keep up appeal. That’s what I want as a gamer and it feels like it’s something the Switch needs in particular from here regardless of what anyone else is doing. I have no vested interest in their failure, just as I have none in Sony’s or MS’s either. If games sell, we all win.

Edit: just saw Freedom Planet is coming to Switch. It has been on my Steam wish list for ages. It looks lovely but has anyone played it?
                                Last edited by Dogg Thang; 10-08-2018, 06:47.

Comment

Working...
                                X