This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
    If you want to buy the NES controllers you have to be signed up to the online service.

Guess i'm going to be asking for a favor...
    Why would you want them without subscribing to the games they are designed for? Unless you're going to keep them boxed on a shelf of course.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      Why would you want them without subscribing to the games they are designed for? Unless you're going to keep them boxed on a shelf of course.
      I had pretty much given up with my switch, I never played any of the first party titles for more than a hour or so.

So I hacked it and filled it with the full NES and SNES library and now it gets much more use. It means I can’t take it online so can’t buy the online service to get the controllers that would be perfect for what I use it for

Comment

I had pretty much given up with my switch, I never played any of the first party titles for more than a hour or so.

So I hacked it and filled it with the full NES and SNES library and now it gets much more use. It means I can’t take it online so can’t buy the online service to get the controllers that would be perfect for what I use it for
        Just purchase the 8BitDo NES controllers.

They're decent quality, they're much cheaper, they're Switch-compatible and also compatible with plenty of other devices which makes them better value for money than Nintendo's own.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
          Just purchase the 8BitDo NES controllers.

They're decent quality, they're much cheaper, they're Switch-compatible and also compatible with plenty of other devices which makes them better value for money than Nintendo's own.
          I do have a 8BitDo SNES controller but did like the idea that these charge on the console. But you have made me think really I’d be paying over the odds just for that.

Comment

I can order them for you I think. I'd buy SNES ones, but not NES ones.

Comment

Sorry if this has already been mentioned -

If you want to buy the NES controllers you have to be signed up to the online service.

Guess i'm going to be asking for a favor...
              Pretty sure you can only get one set per membership.

Comment

Already wondering how to get my hands on the Famicom ones

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  I can order them for you I think. I'd buy SNES ones, but not NES ones.
                  Nice one Dave 👍

Comment

Apparantly the NES pads are only compatible with the Switch NES games. Won’t work with any other games.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
                      Apparantly the NES pads are only compatible with the Switch NES games. Won’t work with any other games.
                      That is ridiculous.

Comment

I'm sure there will be a CFW workaround.

Comment

Gonna be honest... I've never, ever understood why Animal Crossing is so popular. It is a 'meh' franchise, imho, in the grand scheme of all Nintendo franchises.

I was given a free copy of Wild Wood years ago and it still sits on my shelf, sealed.

Would honestly much rather Nintendo announce a new Punch-Out!! or F-Zero.

Comment

It plays better out of its box and in the system.

Comment

The only way Nintendo are bringing out a new F-Zero is if they can make one that's more fun than Mario Kart.

Ever tried played MK8 without weapons? It's a total bore-fest. Once someone is in the lead that's it - race over. F-Zero simply wouldn't be fun, nor fair, without either extreme rubber-banding or weapons.

I can somehow see it happening as an outsourced budget release with no online modes other than ghost sharing, perhaps. F-Zero works best as a time attack game, and there aren't that many people out there that are as invested in that kind of game. I personally spent hundreds of hours in GX time trials, but even back in the day there was only ever a small handful of us.

Comment

lol well that would be a start but the DS version in the scheme of things is not the best version as the holidays were gotten rid of and replaced with generic crap. Personally i still love the gamebube versions the best, the famicom games you could track down were a fun addition. Made the effort to get them all so worth it along with the specific holiday themed furniture sets. Halloween & xmas were magical in that game.

There's a very good reason why animal forest is as popular as it is, it's a world you can escape away into for as long as you like. A world that mirrors realtime with no pressure while you are there besides having fun (well also making sure your town doesn't lapse into weedville & paying off thet obscene debt lol) I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out on switch, i'm hoping they incorporate all the design elements from happy home designer as it's about time you got to design both your house and garden fully, it allowed for so much custiomization. Also hoping those 400+ amiibo cards plus the figures actually have some use or i'm going on a rampage to Nintendo Japans headquarters. It would be nice for them to actually use something for more than one damn game for a change, getting a complete set was no mean feat.

I'm just hoping they don't ruin it with mobile gaming style crap, also bring back games within a game. Losing the famicom games from gamecube onwards took away a lot of it's charm. Also stop making that damn 7-11 furniture set so hard to get hold of outside of japan.

Comment

Working...
                                X