X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    Fallows - 5601-5888-8299

I'm only rank 16 as I've only been playing casually as of late.

I command everyone here to buy Smash and play with me online. I'll show you all the way. It'd be an absolute riot over Discord, especially.

4 vs. 4 crazy fighting based around charge attacks rather than intricate combo executions (although that does come later, in spades) featuring all of gaming's greatest characters, what is there not to love?
    Will add you when I have time! Your name does sound familiar! I haven’t been on in a while but I’m Nico, rank 19/20

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      Well.i do have a brand new smash cube controller and an.adaper that I've never used... Hmmmm
      I pre-ordered the new GC controller but only so it matches my black GC and has a 3m cord. Using a white, 3m one now which was only ever released in Japan

Comment

I've enjoyed revisiting some of the games but in list form the published list of Nintendo Switch games is depressing to be honest. Such a heavy dependence on WiiU titles, especially given those games didn't sell that console. Smash, Deluxe etc aren't bad, however it's also bad how the games making the transition are increasingly bare boned ports for often more than they cost the first time around. Now, those games coming out isn't bad in itself, offering them to people who haven't played them on the last system is great though I'd stop short of using it as a defense of Nintendo's release schedule. They should be padding to a steady line up that was coming regardless of them, not key releases in of themselves. Strip them away and it's becoming quite bad.

Like I say, we're nowhere near anything resembling a crisis on the situation but the 3DS only has so long left and I do feel a 2019 resembling 2018 will harm Switch's legs.

It's mostly no different an argument as the shortage of decent PS4 games early in its life and relying on cross-gen ports, the main difference is Sony's legacy of reversing that situation and them communicating that fact. Nintendo, well, it's not a great track record on that front.
        Last edited by Neon Ignition; 11-08-2018, 13:07.

Comment

Well.i do have a brand new smash cube controller and an.adaper that I've never used... Hmmmm
          Well I'll be in every day, but I can't vouch for anyone else. It's been over ten years since I last played online with anyone here (Halo 3).

To be honest the game shines when it's everyone in the same room. Absolutely nothing comes close.

Not just for party-feel either. Back at my old office we had a few nights a week reserved for it. After two weeks we had non-gamers sharing combos and other survival tech. Several bought consoles, and a few of them surpassed me in the end. It went from me being able to boss four people at once to getting bodied at 1v1. :/

Comment

I managed to get my controller adapter order in quick this time.

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
            Using a white, 3m one now which was only ever released in Japan
            Yup, that'll be the one I'll be using as well.

Well I'll be in every day, but I can't vouch for anyone else. It's been over ten years since I last played online with anyone here (Halo 3).
            Excuse me? Did we or did we not play Splatoon together? And I think there was some Monster Hunter 3U in there as well.
            Last edited by kryss; 12-08-2018, 01:22.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
              Excuse me? Did we or did we not play Splatoon together? And I think there was some Monster Hunter 3U in there as well.
              Ah **** man, of course! Good times! I completely forgot about my time in Singapore, as that was mainly my PC days.

Comment

To be honest the game shines when it's everyone in the same room. Absolutely nothing comes close.

Not just for party-feel either. Back at my old office we had a few nights a week reserved for it. After two weeks we had non-gamers sharing combos and other survival tech. Several bought consoles, and a few of them surpassed me in the end. It went from me being able to boss four people at once to getting bodied at 1v1. :/
                I remember the old Belfast meets, wow 15+ years ago; 4 player super monkey ball on a huge projector screen, winner stays on SF2 turbo, ikaruga score attacks, linked up halo of the original Xbox, game swaps/sales, copious amounts of beer....the good old days!

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                  I remember the old Belfast meets, wow 15+ years ago; 4 player super monkey ball on a huge projector screen, winner stays on SF2 turbo, ikaruga score attacks, linked up halo of the original Xbox, game swaps/sales, copious amounts of beer....the good old days!
                  Some games are just played better in company.

Charles and Marcus had a couple of meets. Lots of 2D fighting, Mario Kart, shmups and Halo - along with tons of other stuff. We should have one of those again somehow.

Comment

Dark Souls Remaster finally has a firm release date, 19th of October
                    Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 14-08-2018, 15:56. Reason: Not September, October. Sorry.

Comment

Would love to see it in action. Any footage out there?

Comment

Imagine the PS3 version. Like that I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                          Imagine the PS3 version. Like that I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post

Comment

Looks amazing.

Comment

Ok. That looks improved

Comment

Working...
                                X