X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    Speculation picked up on Era is that Star Fox Racing will feature:

-Gameplay works very differently from Mario Kart or F Zero with a focus on Arwing flight racing.
    -Each GP takes place over three courses after which a boss descends onto the third course and you have to defeat them using traditional Star Fox gameplay
    -Races feature combat which rewards the player with speed boosts
    -Features a central hub where you interact with Star Fox characters
    -Features side missions and story content
    -May feature other Nintendo ip cameo's
    -Apparently one of the Switches better looking games
    I have to say I actually love the sound of this. We're not going to get another Mario Kart till the Switch 2, and actually I'd welcome something fresh. Thing is it needs to be good. Which it might not be.

Comment

I don't like multiple skill requirements in racing game. I love Wipeout but detest the battle matches, and I have to be good at those as well to unlock stuff. Annoys the hell out of me and it sounds like this would annoy in similar fashion... but I'd give it a go I guess.

Comment

I have no problem with the Starfox GP idea in isolation. It could be really fun.

I just think it's a shame we get that when we haven't had a proper new Starfox game since 64.

Comment

Starfox Assault?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
            Starfox Assault?
            A much better game than it is given credit for, evidently.

The best Starfox game since 64 and, yes, miles better than Starfox Adventures.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
              Starfox Assault?
              Admittedly I haven't played it. Could never find a copy in the UK! Everytime I saw it, it was >£50.

Comment

That's why loading ISOs from a HDD is awesome.

Comment

I can see how Assault could in some ways be seen as the best post-Star Fox 64 entry...

... but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's good. The bar is incredibly low.

Comment

Go Vacation

Coming July.

Comment

Interesting; Namco made Wii Sports Resort 2 before Nintendo got round to it!

Comment

That's almost like my Breath of the WaveWings1080Paradise idea, only absolutely no where near as realised.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                          No.

Just, no.

Proper F-Zero? Yes.

Starfox Zero without craptastic controls? YES.

Not this crap.
                          I'd prefer a brand new F-Zero game, but will hope that Star Fox Racing is a great game. I prefer arcade/non-realistic racers, so I hope Nintendo manages to deliver a really fun racer.

Comment

Reviews for Hyrule Warriors look good. I skipped the Wii U version. Glad I did now.

Comment

If you liked any of the Dynasty Warriors games you'll be fine with Hyrule Warriors. If not there's nothing about it to convert you.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                                If you liked any of the Dynasty Warriors games you'll be fine with Hyrule Warriors. If not there's nothing about it to convert you.
                                Pretty much this.

I skipped Hyrule Warriors on Wii U and HW Legends on 3DS, but I'm not remotely interested in Musou games.

Nintendo are really trying to push Musou games with their IP (see Fire Emblem Warriors also) - HW Definitive Edition is the third release of HW in the last four years.

Comment

Working...
                                X