This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    Nintendo are really trying to push Musou games with their IP (see Fire Emblem Warriors also) - HW Definitive Edition is the third release of HW in the last four years.
    I think there's some truth to that; but it's also that I think the developers have gotten Musou game reskins down to a finely-tuned production machine. I'm surprised more publishers don't go for it.

Comment

Capcom brings the power of cloud gaming to Switch in a way Microsoft never managed for Xbox with the reveal that Resident Evil VII will launch next week... kind of

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...witch_in_japan

Capcom brings the power of cloud gaming to Switch in a way Microsoft never managed for Xbox with the reveal that Resident Evil VII will launch next week... kind of

Guessing that this crap will be used to justify doing the same with a potential Switch port of Monster Hunter World?
        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 21-05-2018, 12:36.

Comment

Pay to stream a game , erm thanks but no thanks

Comment

Isn't that the whole PlayStation Now idea that's been around for years?
            Also, PSO2 Cloud for the Switch is cloud-based already.

edit: okay, PSNow was covered in the article.
            Last edited by kryss; 21-05-2018, 12:46.

Comment

I tried out PlayStation Now and to be honest, it worked really well.

I'd still rather have my games locally, but I don't hate the idea of being able to rent games. I miss being able to go to Blockbuster and rent something for the weekend. And there's DEFINITELY something to be said for being able to start playing immediately, versus downloading 50GB of software, installing it, then downloading 10GB of updates, then installing that.

Sometimes it does feel like most of us on this forum hate literally everything new, ever!

Comment

Something new you say? No thanks, probably be crap.

Comment

If it's not a SNES or something that can potentially be hacked in order to run a SNES emulator, then I'm not interested.

Comment

A well known homebrewer spent five hours working on the Nintendo Switch following its recent hacking and... well, in that time he ported this:

Comment

Modern gaming is a state ain't it?

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        Modern gaming is a state ain't it?
                        Why'd you say that?

Comment

[MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION] [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION] Would it really kill Capcom (and other major developers pulling similar stunts) to make some modicum of effort with the Switch and actually make proper physical software for it on a consistent basis? Genuine question.

Comment

at least in res7 case it would take more than a modicum of effort to downgrade 7 to work on switch natively, add to that the usual cart size/costs problems all for old game which would a be 1/4 of the price and significantly better looking on a ps4/xbox.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                              @wakka @Brad Would it really kill Capcom (and other major developers pulling similar stunts) to make some modicum of effort with the Switch and actually make proper physical software for it on a consistent basis? Genuine question.
                              Honestly? Yes. They would literally die. The cloud in this instance is the humanitarian choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                                at least in res7 case it would take more than a modicum of effort to downgrade 7 to work on switch natively, add to that the usual cart size/costs problems all for old game which would a be 1/4 of the price and significantly better looking on a ps4/xbox.
                                My point wasn't specifically referring to Resi 7.

Resi Revelations 1 & 2 on Switch clearly could have been all-physical, as could the upcoming Switch port of Mega Man Legacy Collection.

Comment

Working...
                                X