Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd happily pay for more DLC for MK8D but I personally feel like they sold Deluxe on the basis of it being a pretty complete edition of MK8. It's early launch as well for me opens the doors to a more DLC friendly from the start MK9 in 2-3 years time. The early, early launch is why I fully expect a Super Mario Odyssey 2 as well.

Comment

I’d be inclined to think there is far less pressure on MK9 until the next generation. It would come out and everyone would think - well it’s just more 8, isn’t it? Whereas if they just bring out more 8 that is not a problem and yet it would likely be essentially the same thing.

The other thing is that Nintendo love selling games for years. They are still advertising MK7. Some extra content for 8 could give it a boost and help them to keep shifting copies.

Comment

All this talk of MK8 makes me want to play MK8.

Any chance we can get some games going?

Comment

I'd absolutely love more MK8. Or MK9. Just more Mario Kart would be good, really. Realistically I think we will be waiting for Switch 2 to MK9, and if I'm honest I don't see more paid DLC for MK8 coming, either. It would be great, though.

I don't own MK8 for Switch - played it to death on WiiU and still own it on that platform - but I'd buy an MK8 Super Deluxe with more tracks in a heartbeat.

Comment

Ah, remember the BD MK8 times?

I've just seen a trailer for Go Vacation and it looks like a great game for my 3 children to splitScreen on. Anyone know if it's any good?

Comment

It's not out until the end of the week.

Comment

Just spotted it's from namco. Thought it was a Nintendo game. Maybe the quality isn't all that. Looks idea for my kids though.

Comment

Wait for a sale.

In other news, Megaton Rainfall is coming to Switch in August. Sans VR of course.

Comment

What is it? I looked at some gameplay and couldn't figure out what was going on. You fly through the sky and drop bombs?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      I’d be inclined to think there is far less pressure on MK9 until the next generation.
                      I would bet that Nintendo are planning MK9 for the next Switch(or whatever it will be called) in a few years. MK8 Deluxe probably still feels really fresh to Switch owners who hadn't previously owned a Wii U, so I would think Nintendo don't feel any pressure to release MK9 any time soon. Also, MK8 Deluxe has loads of content - including a proper Battle Mode, so I'm sure lots of Switch owners are happy and satisfied with what the game has to offer.

As someone who bought MK8 in May 2014 though, the game does feel a bit old now. But I still enjoy playing it now and then on my Wii U.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        What is it? I looked at some gameplay and couldn't figure out what was going on. You fly through the sky and drop bombs?
                        Superhero-sim.

Comment

Salt & Sanctuary, Iconoclasts and Picross S2 all out on August 2. Physical release of Salt & Sanctuary out later this year. Fairly good day.

Comment

Pre-orders for the only way you can officially back-up your game save data on a flagship Nintendo console in 2018 Switch Online Service subscriptions are now available from Amazon.

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 26-07-2018, 12:11.

Comment

Ummm... why would anyone preorder an online service? WILL THEY RUN OUT IF I DON'T GET IT NOW?!

Comment

Today's top story: Nintendo in not understanding how any of this works when Sony and MS literally figured it out generations ago shocker.

Full details at 10.

Comment

Working...
                                X