Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a kicker that Nintendo never learns anything. This is the kind of management that takes them from a hit to a failure every time, they're great at making quality products but suck at fostering an audience over the long term.

Comment

If these games were all £20-£25 almost everyone who owns one will buy them, or a lot of them. Keep them that price forever to keep the value up and they will be laughing. I don't get what the problem is. DK TF is good, but not THAT good. I can't fathom who would actually buy it due to the cost and the hardcore nature (Wii U owners).

Comment

It really is quite strange as they have no other primary platforms and all of their Dev teams and IPs to work with along with a console that is selling relatively well and this is the best they can do?

So weird because it seems like either they were unprepared or they don’t care plus most third parties appear to be avoiding the platform like the plague as evidenced by the lack of major series titles and upcoming AAA drought. I don’t think any other Nintendo platform has been so impoverished in terms of support at this point in its lifecycle as even the Wii U got more.

Still at least there’s the mobile ports. Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
          Still at least there’s the mobile ports. Yay!
          There aren't many of those, though, right? It's more the Steam indie scene.

I know that Fallout game was just released but isn't that an exception?

Comment

I’ll see if can find the link but I read it somewhere during the E3 coverage and there was a list of mobile games that were getting ported over to switch.

Comment

Makes sense. Must be dead simple to do. Downside is Nintendo will do nothing to stop mobile dross hiding quality indie titles in the store...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

The store really needs a massive overhaul. There is actually a load of good indie stuff in there but it’s almost impossible to find.

Comment

Going to keep links out of the update but:

BackUps Have Arrived on CFW Switch
                  Yes, the gates are now fully open. Those already tinkering with the Switch's innards have managed to get copies running on the system. The process is still somewhat long winded but the flip side of the CFW coin to Homebrew has now been achieved.

Now, Nintendo's security for this is that anyone who copies a game on their Switch will be banned as soon as they go online. However, it's not an account ban, it's a console ban and removing the game first doesn't get around this. Basically, as soon as you do it you're committing that unit to never going online again. Many will be happy to take that hit as it's only around £120 to pick up a spare unit for online but in the coming years it will make buying a second hand unit a minefield for legitimate buyers who may find their system online blocked as soon as they connect to the service.

Comment

Interesting. Even though I cfw modern systems it’s usually for the quality of life hacks and emulator aspects as I still buy real games as it’s just better than another warezathon like platforms of yore.

Emulation should be interesting on here as it’s just a shield hardware wise and that is already quite advanced. Will pick one up if they get Dreamcast emulation running 100% as that would be dope.

Comment

Got my SX Pro ordered! Now I can play digital versions of my 50+ carts.

Comment

Captain Toad adds Odyssey levels... because they've cut the 3D World ones

Comment

That’s a bit rude really. I can’t imagine Toad is exactly pushing for storage space. This is just taking the piss for no explainable reason, unless they would be unlocked by a future port of 3D World? Even so I don’t expect that, this is Nintendo we’re talking about here.

Basically, don’t expect anything like this for free ever again:

Comment

The game itself is 1.4GB on the Wii U so even if they are doing it as a cost cutting exercise they could've easily fit the original game + the new levels on and still been under 2GB. Madness? THIS IS NINTENNDDDOOOOO!

Glad I've just picked up a copy for the Wii U for a tenner.

@Nu-Eclipse, I can see Nintendo from your point of view now *puts on They Live sunglasses* and get your angst toward them.

Comment

Knowing Nintendo they'll port 3D World to Switch and add the cut Captain Toad levels to that and sell it as Super Mario 3D World Deluxe at RRP £59.99

Comment

Yup.

Comment

Working...
                                X