This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse View Post
    Finished the second season of American Gods last night. Has anyone else watched it?
    I watched the season finale last night. After the first ep I wasn't sure. You can feel the new showrunners factor from the off, everything feeling slightly more by the numbers than it was in S1. But once it got going I really enjoyed it, and there were a couple of real stand-out eps. I know what you mean in your spoiler but

I like how it's poised. The way the new gods have started their attack is brilliant, and I really want to see what happens with Laura and Mad Sweeney, two of the best characters in the show

It's going to feel like a long wait until S3.

Comment

Slightly late to the party I watched the first couple of eps of Ash vs The Evil Dead last night. It's pretty much everything I hoped it might be. Ticks all the right boxes, including that all important dirty late night feel. I can see me binging all 3 seasons over the next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Slightly late to the party I watched the first couple of eps of Ash vs The Evil Dead last night. It's pretty much everything I hoped it might be. Ticks all the right boxes, including that all important dirty late night feel. I can see me binging all 3 seasons over the next few weeks.
        Cheers, I need to watch this, really.
        It's on Netflix, yeah?

Comment

Season 1 only on Netflix at present. I picked up the complete set on a bit of a whim ...

Comment

Cool beans. I'll watch the first season over the weekend, then I'll be over on Tuesday to yours about 7:30.

Comment

I thought that was HD-DVD for a second!

Comment

Next two eps of What We Do In The Shadows were really good too. No idea why we’re getting two a week.

Comment

Dead to me. Netflix.

Really enjoyed this. Christina Applegate is great

Comment

NBCUniversal-owned cable network Syfy is clearing house, cancelling the dramas “Happy” after two seasons and “Deadly Class” after one. The decisions come as options on the casts of both shows were up at the end of the month. Both series will be shopped by their respective studios Universal Content Productions and Sony TV. The Christopher […]

Syfy have axed two shows - Happy and Deadly Class

Nickelodeon has handed out a thirteen-episode series order for “Kamp Koral,” a spinoff of the network’s signature series “SpongeBob SquarePants”. Unlike the classic 2D cartoon, the off-shoot will be a CG-animated series and serves as a prequel. The show follows a ten-year-old SpongeBob SquarePants during his summer at sleepaway camp. In the series, SpongeBob and […]

Whilst Nickelodeon have green-lit spin off show Kamp Koral, the thirteen episode season will feature a 10 year old SpongeBob on his summer sleepaway camp trip

Comment

Deadwood The Movie has landed. Good Omens has landed. New Black Mirror has landed. But all I want to watch is Bruce Campbell goof around, be old and uncool and mince hell spawn with his chainsaw. Just started season 3 last night. This show is so much fun.

Comment

It has been revealed that NBC’s serialized other-worldly comedy series “The Good Place” will come to an end with the upcoming fourth season. Creator Mike Schur previously said late last year the show was never designed to be a long-running series and this decision to end it was announced last night at the show’s For […]

The Good Place: Season 4 will be the final season

Comment

Chernobyl
                          Despite how young I was at the time I can still remember news reports on Chernobyl and the anti-nuclear push it led to as well as the concern raised about radiation reaching our shores. There's also the appeal of all those derelict images of the city these days but, despite this taken some fiction license, this is a pretty harrowing account of the events. It opens with the explosion at the power plant so is more about the days and months that followed but still covers everything. It's incredibly well made and despite it being a known outcome event you feel anxious throughout, it's so concerning as well because you know Russia hasn't changed and it's staggering the decision making that occurred and the disregard for human life. Right up there with the best TV of the year so far.

Comment

2019 Thread here:

Comment

Working...
                            X