This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plebs Series 4.

I'm a huge Plebs fan (it's worth watchin' just for the reggae soundtrack) and series 4 has its moments but it ain't the same without Stylax.

Comment

Roseanne

One of the previous TV seasons big success stories was the immensely popular revival of the comedy show which brought everyone back and did stellar numbers. The network quickly commissioned another season and now... it's been cancelled. Why? Because Roseanne Barr is a racist bigot who can't keep her offensive comments off twitter and has now talked herself into the second demise of her meal ticket.

Comment

I love timeless and hope it comes back and enjoyed the terror

Just finished lost in space and it's pretty decent telly
        Last edited by buster_broon; 29-05-2018, 22:45.

Comment

I thought krypton was pish and gave up after 2 episodes

Comment

The Amazing World of Gumball: Season 4
            Finally done and this one was definitely siding more towards playing with the rules and format more which made it interesting but slightly at the cost of the humour being quite as sharp. I'm picking through the S6 episodes due to them being scattered on TV at the moment so one more clean run and I'm caught up.

Comment

YouTube originals has a new series called Impulse, watched one episode so far and I don't really know what's going on but it looks decent

Comment

The Amazing World of Gumball: Season 5
                Much faster turnaround as the kids channels largely rely on S5 episodes at the moment so quite a few were ones I'd already seen. I'm already burning through S6 as it's dolled out slowly and is the current run. The fifth season is still good stuff with a strange increase in the number of movie parody references.

Comment

News: Roseanne
                  Following the sudden cancellation of its smash hit revived comedy “Roseanne” in the wake of racially insensitive tweets by its star Roseanne Barr, ABC has found a way to move forward with the original cast, creators and likely crew minus Barr. The answer? “The Conners”. ABC and executive producer Tom Werner are officially moving forward […]

Following the shows cancellation it's been confirmed that it will return later this year but retooled and under a new name as The Conners. The new show will focus itself on Darlene and feature the entire cast except for Roseanne herself, though nothing is mentioned it seems pretty clear that her character will be killed off. Roseanne Barr herself will not be involved in the new show and will not receive any financial gains from it either. It is essentially a purpose created project as if the network ever makes another spin-off, reboot or use of the character outside of this show she will receive money from those.

Comment

Watched all of impulse and it was pretty okay for a start and a season 2 has been green lit

It's pretty much a tv version of jumper, even the same director is involved

Comment

Looks like the brilliant Better Call Saul will be back in August, with the arrival of another Breaking Bad character bringing both arcs ever closer. I can't wait.

Comment

This is more like a “movies you watched” post but last night I watched a double bill comprising of Part 8 of Twin Peaks The Return (gotta light?) and Black Mirror’s San Junipero. That Twin Peaks episode is one of the most insane pieces of television I have ever seen and still is. It is captivating and bizarre and twisted. There is something special there and it’s so dark and weird. My brain was somewhat fried revisiting it.

So San Junipero was great brain therapy. It’s the only Black Mirror episode that I’ve seen that I can say I actually enjoyed and it’s really beautiful. The score is fantastic, the look gorgeous and the story still hooks me right in even knowing exactly where it’s all going. It’s a beautiful piece of television.

A good double bill.

Comment

News: The Terror
                          AMC has announced that it has renewed its popular and critically acclaimed anthology series “The Terror” for a second season. The series was the number two new drama on cable for the current television season. While the first season was a direct adaptation of the Dan Simmons novel of the same name, the new season […]

The recent book adaption has been picked up for a second season which will cover a new ten episode tale with a new threat dogging a cast which will cover California through to the Pacific Theatre of World War II

News: Timeless
                          Saved mere days after cancellation last year, the beloved Sony Pictures Television Studios-produced time-travel drama “Timeless” has been cancelled for a second time by NBC. The studio and network are, however, reportedly continuing talks for a potential two-hour movie to wrap up the finale cliffhanger. Brainchild of “The Shield” creator Shawn Ryan and “Supernatural” creator […]

There'll be no saving the show this time. The network have cancelled the show for a second time though, presumably mindful of another backlash, are said to be considering a one off two hour tv movie to wrap the storyline up.

Comment

The Amazing World of Gumball: Season 6
                            Well, half or so of it as it's still being slowly dolled out throughout the year but I'm caught up at last. The most recent ones were quite good, its the creators last season on the show so it feels like a few more ideas are being tried out.

The Last Man on Earth: Season 4
                            Despite the title he spent only minutes of screen time alone overall. I'm sad to see this go in the end, the show had managed a nice balance between the group and a nice little pattern going for itself. The last season had a few fun characters pop up too but in the end it wasn't that bad a place to leave off as the last episode unintentionally (bar the closing cliffhanger shot which at least is obvious how S5 would have quickly dealt with) closes things in quite a complete manner with Tandy finally getting a happy ending that evolves his character through to the person he needed to be. Really nice way to end the show.

Comment

I just totally binged The Staircase on Netflix. I feel kind of grimy watching a true crime doc such as this but it came highly recommended and once you're on board you're in for the long haul. It's very addictive and compelling ... impossible to watch just one in one sitting. If you enjoyed the likes of The Jinx (brilliant) et al then you might enjoy this, the docu-series that's regarded as pretty much inventing the genre. Just don't be tempted to google info prior to watching as the interesting way it unfolds would lose much of its power.

Comment

Ash vs The Evil Dead: Season 3
                                Finally reached the end of Ash's long saga and like Last Man it wasn't a bad way to end with Ash finally accepting his role. It seemed to be about as happy an ending as you could get for the show and whilst the ending is a cliffhanger it plays more like a left field epilogue to is a solid place to end things.

Red Dwarf VIII

Long time since I last saw this run and whilst anything involving that T-Rex is terrible, other than that this is a really fun run. Stands up much better than I remember it doing and really enjoyed whizzing through the eps.

News: The Purge
                                USA Network have released the first trailer for the upcoming series incarnation that will explore more of the time between Purges and how society would allow it to happen. The show starts on 04 September 2018.

Comment

Working...
                                X