This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Show Thread (2018)

I've just watched three episodes of Black Mirror in two days and it's pretty depressing.

Basically, every episode is this:

Due to serious hangovers we’ve binged the hell out of Seinfeld’s comedians in cars getting coffee today. Lots of them very funny, others surprisingly dull.

Comment

I love Comedians in Cars ... just watching them all again as they've finally arrived on Netflix.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      I've just watched three episodes of Black Mirror in two days and it's pretty depressing
      I'm doing the same with Season 4. It started great but it's a pretty patchy season. Still worth watching though, even when it's not top of its game.
      Last edited by Atticus; 07-01-2018, 09:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        Seinfeld’s comedians in cars
        Top 5, then?

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        I love Comedians in Cars ... just watching them all again as they've finally arrived on Netflix.

I'm doing the same with Season 4. It started great but it's a pretty patchy season. Still worth watching though, even when it's not top of its game.
        Thanks for letting me know it's on Netflix, I might alternate Cars and Mirror to alleviate depression.

Here's the next Black Mirror episode:

Comment

Just finished season 4 of Black Mirror. It started brilliantly with USS Callister but was perhaps a little uneven after that. The final ep was pure Tales From The Crypt.

Comment

The Christmas Lectures 2017: The Language of Life

Filmed over three nights at the Royal Institution, Professor Sophie Scott examines one the fundamentals of human and animal life: the unstoppable urge to communicate.

I always watch the Chrismas lectures and, despite being primarily aimed at children, I always learn a lot. This years ain't the best if I'm honest, I prefer the physicsy ones, but still pretty interesting.

Comment

I have watched a couple of episodes of Seth Macfarlane's new series The Orville. No Keith Harris references. It’s a Star Trek TNG style show but with more of a comedy aspect albeit the cast are largely playing it straight. I’m quite enjoying it as the SF send up aspect seems to work well.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                I've just watched three episodes of Black Mirror in two days and it's pretty depressing.

Basically, every episode is this:
                I got as far as episode one season one (Babe 3 a pig in parliament..... the true story of how David Cameron got to power) and i pretty much left it their it was far to disturbing. I think they should of saved the bestiality till at least episode 4 as i had no compulsion to watch episode 2 after that as a opener.

Comment

I'd forgotten that was the opening episode, but there were only 3 episodes in the first two series.
                  After the White Christmas special, it moved to Netflix and had 6 episodes per series/season.

It doesn't get much happier after that, so I guess it's "start as you mean to go on"!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    Just finished season 4 of Black Mirror. It started brilliantly with USS Callister but was perhaps a little uneven after that. The final ep was pure Tales From The Crypt.
                    I loved this episode and generally I've found most of this series pretty weak. I think it just benefitted having a narrator the whole way through. Just made it better on so many levels.

Comment

The 'Tales From The Crypt' ref wasn't a negative one ... it was a fun ep

Comment

New Girl crossover with Brooklyn 99. Hur hur.

Comment

The Story of Maths: The Language of the Universe

Not nearly as boring as it sounds, honest guvnor. Rachel Riley presents it, topless, whilst riding a white stallion through a field of opium poppies.

Okay, not really. It is good though. It's a 2 part show presented by mathematician Marcus du Sautoy who explores the mathematics of ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia, India, Greece and China. He examines the work of geniuses like Plato, Euclid, Archimedes and Pythagoras, and travels to India to discover how the number zero was invented and how Indian mathematicians created the concepts of infinity and negative numbers.

Comment

Arrow Season 6
                            Still not perfect but broadly an improvement. Still some characters in it that just don't work and need to go though

Comment

Supersonic

The story of Oasis in their own words. If you enjoy music documentaries, our kid, then you'll like this one. It's a cracker. Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                              X