This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    I watched Fate of the Furious last night. After a messy 7th movie and enough closure never to need another F&F movie, 8 still managed to surprise and entertain and justify its existence to the point where I would say it is an upper tier F&F movie - a high accolade indeed.
    Is such a thing even possible? Aside from the first one I don't think I've ever seen any of the rest.

Comment

They’re modern classics. You should watch the rest.

Comment

Wow, high praise indeed. I'd always thought they were the movie equivalents of the A Team but with bro's and cars thrown in instead of ex military psychotic terrorists packed in a black van but we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          The reaction to his TV pilot has me in stitches every time. The first time I saw it I was choking in laughter, something about how the way the old bloke describes what he just saw.
          Oh don't get me wrong, that bit is amazing and I was crying with giggles, still. Still can't believe they got away with the knob at the end of the promo, I'm sure it was a '15' when I saw it back at the pictures on release, as well.

It made me laugh to tears in like four bits but the rest is a bit meh nowadays. But it was like that at the pictures back in the day. The laughs are few but the laughs are HUGE.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            Kill List isn't a film you "enjoy", but experience.
            Proper bonkers.
            That's the thing. The atmos is so intense. The places they walk, places they go, it's just like where I am every day. I relate. But it feels so alien. I still don't know why his wife had to be in the army though, it's not spoilery as it's clear from early on, I just think it makes things feel a bit clumsy, knaaaaarmean(?????)

What I like is it has a Mulholland Drive type of thing goin on. Like, I wrote what I just wrote above and it made me realise I've seen this movie about eight times and have never once bothered to find out what his wife is saying on the phone early on in the movie (a Scandinavian dialect???)

Yeah. An absolute stormer of a modern classic with a few clumsy little bits I don't like but damn what a great movie they made, I'm a nitpicking knobster.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
              Wow, high praise indeed. I'd always thought they were the movie equivalents of the A Team but with bro's and cars thrown in instead of ex military psychotic terrorists packed in a black van but we'll see.
              Yeah that pretty much sums them up. Like I say, modern classics.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                Yeah that pretty much sums them up. Like I say, modern classics.
                <Ryo Hazuki voice> I see...

Comment

Watched Infinity Wars in IMAX this morning. Recommended. 3D wasn't OTT. Film was a rollercoaster with some decent plot and fights and rousing soundtrack stuff. Basically, they nailed it. Audience were pretty quiet on the way out

Comment

2001 Maniacs and American Psycho.

The first was kinda fun but not really worth seeking out (though the bit where the black guy gets crushed via barn/turbine-based rotary crusher device that pops his eyes out had me laughing like a jolly drain).

Never seen American Psycho before and only half-read the book round about the time I was playing N64 Mystical Ninja back in 1999.

It's such a wonky, uneven movie, most works, some doesn't. But Christian Bale is amazing!!!! All the actors are, even Jared futching Leto!!!!

Cinematography is stellar, too. And the 80s soundtrack. Robert Palmer!!!

My type of movie, its simultaneously stimulated and jarred me. Bale's Patrick Bateman is EPIC, star turn right there.

Comment

Bale was supposed to have based his idea of how a psychopath looks or behaves on Tom Cruise. I'm not articulating it right but that intense look Cruise does with his eyes I think. Sorry it's very late.

Comment

It's BEAUTIFUL. Like Alan Partridge if he had good looks, power and coke galore.

Rewatchable for the intensity of the performances and brilliant dialogue and cinematography. My type of movie totally.

I really think reading the book would help though, especially with the ending. I kinda see this movie as a primer for the book, it's really made me wanna go back to it, I'm olderer and more maturer right now and know I'd be able to apply myself more to it.

I think that YouTube vid of Bale being nasty on Terminator Salvation soured many's opinion of him (mine included) but this performance is ICONIC, Bale is an acting BADASS!!!!

He could take advantage of piglets and I'd still absolve his reputation after seeing this movie.

Bravo!

Comment

It's like Scarface crossed with A Clockwork Orange.

(said in a growling cockney voice)

Comment

Beyond Skyline. Got 54 minutes in and thought it was about to finish. Noticed there's another 52 minutes to go

And now we running around in the jungle in Vietnam or something

Actually enjoying it. The body count is huge. The plot is a bigger monster than the aliens. Altogether total nonsense.

Comment

I've been trying to find time to see that since it hit Netflix!
                              The boys from The Raid Vs. Aliens? Sign me up!

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                                But I'll still say Kill List is 100% true banger.
                                We were talking about unusual films last night like Kill List, Zabriskie Point, Slacker, High Rise, Don't Look Now and things like that.

What other films can you think of that you've seen that were off the mainstream, but have stuck with you, years later.
                                [MENTION=2725]Baseley09[/MENTION], one for you too.

Comment

Working...
                                X