This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samuel L. Jackson:
    "I was actually supposed to go to Hawaii, to shoot my death scene, but there was a hurricane that destroyed all the sets, so I didn’t get to go,"

Comment

Sitting down to watch John Boyega slap a bunch of monsters and robots having already picked out which hoop he'll be dunking in.

That's right!

Specific Rim!

Comment

Just watched Insidious. It was like other, much older movies I've seen like Poltergeist, The Amityville Horror etc., only less scary with less blood, less flies and less risk.

Tosh.

Comment

I watched Mortal Kombat last night after finally picking it up on blu ray. Must be a decade since I’ve seen it. It’s so goofy and some effects haven’t aged well but, man, that is one fun film. I really enjoyed it. Some absolutely brilliant bits. I remember the fights being better though.

Comment

Watched a movie called '13 Sins' which I taped off The Horror Channel. Expected it to be underwhelming but it was surprisingly crazy with some decent gore and lots of fun. Ending proper infuriated me with its dumb logic but I'd recommend it, it's deffo interesting and will amuse.

Then, watched Kick Ass 2 on Netflix, again expecting to be underwhelmed...but I liked this, as well, in fact I'd say a sequel is in order. Jim Carrey was great in it as well.

Cool, like a night when all movies watched are enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              I watched Mortal Kombat last night after finally picking it up on blu ray. Must be a decade since I’ve seen it. It’s so goofy and some effects haven’t aged well but, man, that is one fun film. I really enjoyed it. Some absolutely brilliant bits. I remember the fights being better though.
              Annihilation is still better though. Sonya Blade getting put into a cute dress and becoming the prize in the first one annoyed me. At least that's how I seemed to remember it.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post

Specific Rim!

Ha ha ha!
                I can't help but judge people who say that.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                  Annihilation is still better though. Sonya Blade getting put into a cute dress and becoming the prize in the first one annoyed me. At least that's how I seemed to remember it.
                  Yes, that happened. But Annihilation being better...? Been a while since I have seen it but my brain screams no.

Comment

Randomly stuck on Police Academy on Saturday night. Great film. And I swear I haven't seen it before(only PA2 and Mission to Moscow). Wife watched the BJ scene about three times.

The Hunger Games 2: Horse Eater

Great stuff.

Independent's Day

Nope, that's not a typo. For some reason, it was in the Netflix search results when I entered 'hun' to watch the above and I decided to see what it was like. It was cool watching something where all the actors are missing that extra oomph to put them in better films

Stitches

Also showed up in the 'hun' results. Starring Ross Noble. This one's bad but it looks like they had a laugh making it. In one scene, Stitches throws an umbrella like a javelin at a woman who's escaping from him. The umbrella goes through her head and takes her eye with it, which is then stuck on the end of the umbrella. But it ain't over yet! She of course falls on her back, pushing the umbrella further through her head right up to the handle. The eyeball falls off and lands in her mouth and then the umbrella flies open, spraying blood everywhere. Stitches then says "taken from behind!" like a true gentleman.

It's proper junior school-level stuff.

I'll need to watch something like Invictus to wash away the shame.

Comment

Death Wish
                      The recent reboot with Bruce Willis. I love that some of the pre-release chatter was about ensuring Willis was only going to do it if he swore not to sleepwalk through it like he does all his films these days. You wouldn't notice as everyone else involved in the film must have been sleepwalking through it too. Really dumb remake that changes stuff for the worse and has very little going on in it.

Rampage
                      I still wonder how this of all things got adapted for the big screen. About as deep as the game that inspired it, the film just about holds together despite some awful casting and ropey effects due to The Rock and some reasonable action later on but broadly a very unnecessary film.

Comment

Saw a few on the plane last week:

Ant Man - up there with Iron Man and Thor as my favourite Marvel movies. An holy schmoly the trickery on Michael Douglas wow that was impressive.

Black Panther - it was ok, I was going for the baddie tbh. Andy Serkis did a passable jaapie accent.

Death Wish - unlike Supes, I really enjoyed this. I thought the dichotomy between live saver/live taker worked well in the context.

Comment

Hunger Games 3.

In a similar fashion to BR2, the arena fighting has moved aside for all-out warfare.

Comment

Just watched Severance, really enjoyed it up to the last third where it fell apart a bit due to too many characters dying (this has a great cast but they die too quickly!!!)

Very likeable, nice to see Tim McInnerney (he's brill as the cowardly wannabe lion boss) and I'm one of the few who likes Danny Dyer, he's just a fun type of actor, he's lots of fun in this. All the cast is ace, just wished there was a twist where they all turned on the psychos instead, it would've been more interesting having these peeps around for the full duration!

Comment

Been watching these over the last couple of weeks and have to say that I still love Starship Troopers, Apollo 13. Saving Private Ryan is pretty amazing in 4K and the sound is increabile.

Comment

Rashomon (1950)

Excellent. Kurosawa’s study on interpretation, competing narratives, reality and character perspectives. Wonderfully put together and paced. Even the settings and weather are characters in themselves. The opening scene is exquisite, with torrential rain and two characters brooding over what they had seen. A masterclass in shot composition.

Comment

Working...
                                X