Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pixar do make changes depending on the region.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
      You are very forgiving Jazz.

I thought it was terrible. Anthropomorphic Swearing food! Hilarious! It had a few funny bits, but it got repetitive very quickly.
      I don't even think there was that much swearing in it tbh, it was more dated innuendo that sounded as risqué as seaside postcards in the wartime era.

You are right, I am quite forgiving but I have seen MUCH worse. I endured a movie called "The Favor, The Watch, And The Very Big Fish" at the cinema, once. And I don't half see some crap on The Horror Channel.

Best thing I think was the bun's buns. It's got that uncanny valley groinal thang goin orff.

Comment

Watched Suicide Squad as it finally made its way to Netflix.

I liked it.

Comment

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them.

So first of all, I am a huge Harry Potter fan of the books and went to see multiple showings of the movies with mixed reviews. Due to the weird racism spat online about the making of this film and mixed reviews from friends I didn't rush to see this at the cinema but I always intended to see it at some point. Since the trailer for the next film came out (urgh, franchise of 'Wizarding world' gets to me) I thought I would give it a shot.

And, I...liked it. BUT I felt like it was a bad mash up of two movies, one of a cool magical world tension set in the US giving a good opportunity to open a new world of the culture there with a murder mystery. And a film about a magical David Attenborough discovering and documenting new and wonderful creatures and studying them in a magical way. Like the film's title suggested (as a reader of the original book), except non of that happened, he just happened to be there and some creatures of his were about.

I LOVED the muggle character and the blond witch as well as Colin Farell's character were the best bit about the film. I am looking forward to the next film (again looking like it has nothing to do with the original source material) but its just better than I expected but that expectation was pretty low to start with.

6/10
          Last edited by Blobcat; 21-07-2018, 21:05.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
            Jurassic World 2: The Sequel

Absolutely brilliant. We want to see it again in the cinema soon.

Chris Pratt on top form.

The T-Rex truck scene was wicked. Wicked, I say!

10/10
            You're entitled to your opinion but I hope you're joking. One of Summer's most average films imho.

I watched The Incredibles 2 this afternoon. It was on par (terrible pun) with the first film and that's no bad thing. I hope that if her make another her don't wait 14 years though (I'll be close to a half century by then).

Comment

Jurassic Park ///

See that? I made the III slanty like in the actual title.

We were playing Lego Jurassic World and did the JP3 bit which made me want to watch it for some reason. I hated it the first time, then found it ok the second time, but this time I actually enjoyed it.

I'd never liked that they killed off the T-Rex early on to show that the Spinosaurus was the new king. But it occurred to me that, while the T-Rex is cool, you do have to shake things up a bit.

The Incredibles

Still one of my favourite Pixar films.

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              You're entitled to your opinion but I hope you're joking. One of Summer's most average films imho.
              Beliebe me, I get that a lot. It reads like sarcasm but I was serious. I loved it.

Comment

Gangster No. 1. Very overrated. And can anyone tell me why Paul Bettany turns into Malcolm McDowell in his old age yet David Thewlis turns into David Thewlis in his old age???!!!!It's really quite a flaw. Not only that, Bettany looks NOTHING like McDowell. Age would NOT change a face like that. It's ridiculous!!

Comment

Thirteen Ghosts
                  Haven't seen this in a long while but the missus had recorded it and wanted to watch it again so we endured it. It was never a good film but it's aged horribly on top of that. Bad stuff.

The Outsiders
                  The early 80's film starring young Tom Cruise, Patrick Swayze, Emilio Estevez, Ralph Macchio and Matt Dylan amongst others. Another missus choice but again, despite the interesting high profile nature of the cast, utter rubbish.

Comment

Zombieland.
                    I've not seen it since it first came out and it's still great fun.
                    I can imagine it would wind some survivalists up as you never see them eat or get more bullets, but it's not trying to be realistic!

I love the rules and how they pop up on screen.
                    I also love Emma Stone and Metallica, so it's win/win.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      Thirteen Ghosts
                      Haven't seen this in a long while but the missus had recorded it and wanted to watch it again so we endured it. It was never a good film but it's aged horribly on top of that. Bad stuff.
                      So its not even good from the quirky POV still? OR when Shannon Elizabeth gets attacked and its a little explicit with showing the actress' skin/torn clothing afterwards?

I appreciate the film's tacky but I liked the idea (and the different ghosts).
                      Last edited by QualityChimp; 23-07-2018, 10:16. Reason: Fixed Quote Tags

Comment

Not really, I used to like the set up but other than how cheap it looks even the setting is annoying as it doesn't lend itself to horror at all. Very much one of those horrors you can easily imagine was directed by a music video director who thinks quick cuts of the ghost screaming into the camera is suspense.

Comment

I can vouch and say I *have*seen Thirteen Ghosts and it was dull and reaaally bad.

Comment

A triptych.

Silent Night off The Horror Channel. Killer Santa movie with Malcolm McDowell NOT playing Killer Santa. A piffling waste of time, but not bad as well. Last 20mins of movie bathed totally in red n black, just when movie was getting decent. Weird, middle third is fun but both other ends cack.

Thinner. I thought it was GREAT fun! Loved it, despite many lapses of logic. Didn't even realise it was Robo 3 bloke as star, he was all overacting and great! Watch in non-serious mode, it even has vintage Joe Mantegna being vintage Joe Mantegna.

Also, The Football Factory. Liked that as well!!!

Been a positive week for movies in JazzFunk's Electric Smackhouse, this 'un!!!

Comment

IT

Sweet Mary Mother of God, this was so gooooood.

I had Friday evening to myself so I grabbed a rather nice spicy curry burger/mango lassi set from Freshness Burger, turned off the lights, turned up the speakers and had a blast.

It was wickedly 80's and the CGI was fantastic. It even looked stop-motion at times. The shot of Pennywise biting the kid's hand off at the beginning still haunts me. Horror films starring young kids just aren't around these days so this was a pure nostalgia-fest, reminding me of watching horror films while staying at my cousin's house during the summer holidays.

I'm going to seek out the original TV film to see what that's like.

Paddington 2

I use this word a lot to describe films but it was lovely. We needed cheering up on Sunday and this was just the 'ticket'!

I'll grab my coat.

Booked tickets for The Incredibles 2 tomorrow night. I'm sure that it, too, will be lovely.

Comment

Working...
                              X