Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Green Inferno, courtesy of The Horror Channel. Quite brilliant in the way it pays homage to the 70s/early 80s Italian cannibal splatter movie, many absolute gorefests.

It aped the style amazingly, it gets the vibe spot-on at many points and it has some HIDEOUS gore (which I wasn't expecting). Yeah, this goes proper for the gore gold medal, and this is gore by the guys who did the original Day Of The Dead, doing it early 80s Gino DeRossi style.

An awesome, unexpected treat!!!!

Comment

Mamma Mia 2. Garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        Mamma Mia 2. Garbage.
        If only there was an equally crap Mamma Mia 1 to warn you

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          We went with wonder woman. It's dirge. The gap between this and the marvel stuff is enormous.
          Thank you! I thought it was just me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
            Thank you! I thought it was just me!
            Nope. Thought it was Wank too. I think the gushing praise was down to it being not as crap as the other DC films. I also find the lead actress quite heavy.

Comment

Peasants.

She’s a complete and total WAD.

Comment

It’s not a word, prinny.

Comment

Dogg is more of a ‘schwing’ man.

Watched Logan again tonight.
                  A superhero-themed Western with a real grimy atmosphere and brutal violence. Its musing on the nastiness of life and the search for meaning is quite poignant amongst all the lacerations. Great!

Take that, Chimp Mod.
                  Last edited by prinnysquad; 26-08-2018, 22:26.

Comment

I watched Logan last week. It holds up really well. It's very bleak but never so much that it just becomes painful to sit through and the performances are superb. A very strong movie.

Also watched Event Horizon on telly. I enjoyed it but it is very much showing its age. It's no Doom with Urban and the Rock.

And... 28 Weeks Later. This is an excellent sequel. Not often talked about but I think it's very strong. It's tense and builds on the first film really well with a tight, new story. Didn't realise how many people were in this back in the day. Idris Elba, Jeremy Renner, the guy from Oz. It has a good cast.

Comment

Had a few trips to the flicks over the last few weeks.

Really enjoyed Mission Impossible. Not as good as the last one though.

The Meg was actually quite enjoyable although I went to the cinema expecting to hate it.

Equaliser 2 was a disappointment, really enjoyed the first one.

Slenderman was utterly crappo.
                      Last edited by Gradius; 27-08-2018, 17:53.

Comment

The Lost World (JP2)

Yeah. I’m not sure really. When I was younger it seemed that more dinosaur sequences = better by default, but in reality they lack deft handling and subtle statement-making like they did in the original. Most of the effects still stand up well, and Goldblum’s sneering tone is amusing, but the cringeworthy bits aren’t half cringeworthy. I’ve also got no idea - STILL - of how the T-Rex remained locked in the cargo hold of the ship with the crew all chomped up. 21 years later and it still annoys me.

On the plus side, Pete Postlethwaite is excellent in this, and Eddie’s gruesome death is really gutting since he’s such a nice character. In fact, the trailer sequence is the best thing in the film, because it balances terror with tension, rather than in your face dino rampages.

Comment

I like to think it was an open-plan ship, so all the relevant areas were easily accessible to the t-rex’s giant head.

But the real answer is:

RAPTORS

Comment

See, I’ve read that theory before. Where did they realistically go, though? Did they lemming it over the side?

I’ve also heard that it was pterodactyls.

And finally, T-Rex itself. The tranqs caused its heart to fail, so they gave it an amphetamine which forced it into rage mode. It ate the crew and fatally wounded a bloke who managed to get it back into the hold before dying with the power switch still in the clutch of his death grip.

All are bobbins.

Comment

Jurassic Park III

I know it’s not held in high regard, but I’ve always liked this entry. I like the quieter, scaled back simplicity of it. A small cast, a clear mission, and a rapid pace.

The Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus is a great dinosaur, and that moment they hear the phone and turn around to see it gazing at them is great. I really like the pterodactyl sequence, too.

The whole film doesn’t really have a wow moment, but it almost feels like that was deliberate. I really like this and prefer it to the second.

Comment

Some crap off The Horror Channel called 'Nightworld'. Seemed the budget went on paying Robert Englund and Jason London. It's guff, nowt happens.

Best thing is some relative of Peter Capaldi playing a cockney, it's worse than Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins, it's the worst attempt at a cockney accent by a Scot I've ever heard, it's naaaaasty.

Comment

Working...
                                X