This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
    See, I’ve read that theory before. Where did they realistically go, though? Did they lemming it over the side?
    Raptors make the most sense to me. If they were in the script, then there probably would have been other scenes involving them causing havoc on the mainland or escaping the ship somehow. Maybe Postlethwaite would've been called in to deal with them.

Comment

I rarely watch anything at all but recently I watched Escape from L.A. I haven't seen it since the 90s and although it got a lot of flack back then I seriously enjoyed it this time around. The future president and him erecting barriers to the country and making certain religions illegal just reminded of the present so much. The surfing bit was a bit silly but enjoyable and the gliding scenes were a bit crazy but I loved watching it. Also the president running away to pray at a critical moment made me smile. Lots else to mention probably like the cameos but the president's daughter theme reminded me of Sega's Dynamite Cop too, I think that was the Die Hard sequel.
      Last edited by monel; 30-08-2018, 00:59.

Comment

I always liked Escape From LA, it's a bloody fun movie...which movies are *supposed* to be, innit. It's not trying to be Escape From New York PT2, it's just what it is. Fun. But with Snake Plissken.

I wanna watch it again, ain't seen it for years. Is it currently on UK Netflix???

Comment

I hadn't seen Escape From LA since seeing it in the cinema, and I didn't have massivley good memories of it, but I watched it earlier this year and absolutely loved it. As JazzFunk says it's really good fun, and too many films forget to be that these days. I also really love the look of it, ropey cgi n'all ... it gives the future LA a nice comic book aesthetic. And the soundtrack is pure awesomeness too. In reality it's a great sequel to NY, it just felt wrong in the mid 90s for some reason. I'm going to watch it again soon ... and yes, it's still on Netflix UK.

Comment

Caught the Teen Titans Go movie before it vanished. It's hilarious. One part had me laughing so hard I was crying (the pooping part, if you've seen it). And it overtakes Spider-Man Homecoming as the movie with the best last line. Enjoyed it even more than I thought I would. The animation is fairly cheap looking for a lot of it because they inherit the humble beginnings of the show but it breaks into different styles at a few points and so ends up with some really nice sequences. And a surprisingly good Beastie Boys style rap song.

Late edit: apparently Nicholas Cage is the voice of Suoerman in this. An inspired choice,. Also one thing I forgot to mention - for a DC movie, this has a bizarre amount of references to Marvel superheroes including a Stan Lee cameo.
            Last edited by Dogg Thang; 30-08-2018, 21:17.

Comment

Pacific Rim Uprising on me new LG 4K Blu-ray player, it looks amazing in Dolby Vision... overall we both really enjoyed the film, it’s a proper good action film with giant monsters, mobile suits and **** blowing up and getting destroyed. Awesome.

Comment

Watched Creep earlier. Never seen it before, assumed it was American but it's British, I liked that but seen too many similar movies to love it but it's well-made, nicely shot, quite atmospheric, it just would've been better if the Creep had decapitated his victims more, there are two major opportunities for decap and they go and fumble the ball, leave the head still on.

But it wasn't bad and the dog is cute.

Comment

Weird thing was, directly before this I was watching ten minutes of Lenny Henry's 60th birthday show...then Vas Blackwood turns up in this.

Comment

Watched Tokyo SOS last night, a Godzilla film. I got this one on blu-ray (it's part of a two pack with Final Wars, which I love). Tokyo SOS is a fairly middle of the road Godzilla film which mostly just sets up fights between Godzilla, Mothra and Mechagodzilla. And the picture quality isn't fantastic given the bump to blu-ray. But Godzilla himself looks pretty excellent and the movie was made right when they were achieving a really great balance in the effects, still being that classic man in suit stuff but mixed with some limited CG and filmed in such a way that it looks cool rather than goofy. I love how this era of Godzilla movie looks.

Comment

Just watched Kill List...

Really good film though, I was getting a Dead Man’s Shoes vibe from it a building dread that was definitely going places.

Comment

Kill List really disturbed a friend of mine. He's grown up watching all sorts of horror and stuff I was never into but I showed him Kill List and it got to him in some way. I don't think I would watch it again and I didn't really like the ending at all. It was interesting though. But the ending left me with a lot of unanswered questions.

Comment

I think the ending is kinda clunky as well but I've seen this movie quite a few times over the last few years and I think it answers its own questions in relation to its own world as a movie. I think it ties up. It's sorta like The Wicker Man, predestined sorta thang.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                            I think the ending is kinda clunky as well but I've seen this movie quite a few times over the last few years and I think it answers its own questions in relation to its own world as a movie. I think it ties up. It's sorta like The Wicker Man, predestined sorta thang.
                            OK, I have to admit there is something that still draws me to rewatch Kill List. On a tangent I really need to watch Vampire's Kiss again. Have you ever seen Caught Up starring Bokeem Woodbine?

Anyway I have to admit I've never seen The Wicker Man. Sorry for these questions but it's been years since I saw KL, I did read up on it a bit at the time, but my brain is currently not working very well at this moment in time, too.

Was his wife and the local people part of some occult group? I remember something about the play fight they have earlier in the film foreshadowing the ending as her son is on her back I think. Does he become doomed after he flips and kills one of the targets against orders? Is the ending just for shock value?

Last edited by monel; 01-09-2018, 06:17.

Comment

I haven't seen either of those movies but will look out for them, I love a crazy movie.

I think you should rewatch it, it answers a few more questions each time.

Like the main character in TWM, the main character is 'selected' by the cult without him even realising. He is doomed (or not doomed, if you see that spin) to his fate from the start. He is selected for his brutality, the atrocities he has committed during the war, all the killings are all for the benefit of the cult. They want a pure killer as their leader.

The foreshadowing is through the movie like Blackpool rock and most of it refers to the ending, giving these little, mysterious signs along the way.

The only thing I've never been sure of is if his wife was party to it all. I think not but it's quite messy how that bit at the end is handled.

Comment

Ocean’s 8

Or should I say, Ocean’s Great

Sandra Bullock, Anne Hathaway and Cate Blanchett in the same film? Aw hells yeah. I probably won’t earn much favour by saying this, but I thought

James Corden was very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X