User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mario Odyssey

Very true. It is a refinement of Rare platformers in that sense.

Yeah, it's essentially a collectathon. But it's actually fun to collect everything because it's so tremendously well designed.

I just love the graphics too. Everything looks so GOOD. I just want to eat those coins.

I enjoyed my time with Odyssey, but it's not topping Mario World, Mario 64, Galaxy...mostly too easy and most of the moons were forgettable and repetitive. Zelda BOTW was a triumph, this not so much

Quote Originally Posted by gamelife View Post
    I enjoyed my time with Odyssey, but it's not topping Mario World, Mario 64, Galaxy...mostly too easy and most of the moons were forgettable and repetitive. Zelda BOTW was a triumph, this not so much
    Can you really compare Odyssey to SMW though?

Comparison with the other 3D Marios? Sure and there is definitely a debate to be had as to where it ranks alongside 64/Sunshine/Galaxy/Galaxy 2 (probably moreso the Galaxy games than 64 & Sunshine if we're honest).

In all fairness, BOTW, for all of its undoubted quality, is far, far more repetitive than Odyssey.

I just felt that Odyssey lacked the polish of older Mario titles. a lot of the stuff felt tacked on, the cubes (extra levels) at the end just felt like an afterthought than something that was meant to be part of the game. very repetitive moons. Defo my worst 3d Mario after Sunshine. I'd play Zelda again easy but not this

Some elements may have proven repetitive when reaching over 500 moons, but to say it lacks polish is pretty insane. It's probably the most polished game I can think of, and by a huuuuuge margin too - knocking stuff like MK8 and Arms into the ground.

Yeah, I also totally disagree with the notion that Odyssey lacks polish. It's pretty much the most polished 3D Mario game by miles.

Lacks polish?! Blimey that's harsh.

Eee I just want to go home and play this.

There are few games in existence with this much polish.

Quote Originally Posted by wakka View Post
    Lacks polish?! Blimey that's harsh.

Eee I just want to go home and play this.
    The Switch is portable for this very reason!