No announcement yet.

Mario Odyssey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some real slackers around here. The skipping rope thing is easy - and the original technique still works as there's really no reason why it wouldn't. You start the very first jump as early as possible, as close to the outer edge allows, and gradually work down to shorter taps of the jump button as the speed picks up.

It's a skipping rope mini-challenge from Nintendo. How hard can it be?

Comment

You can even chime in to the sound effects to find the tapping rhythm, ensuring that you can go on forever without even looking at the screen.

Comment

I dunno why I can't do it. I just can't

Spent 2 hours on it last night and then I was like ya know what? **** this.

Comment

Circling 710 Moons now with every Kingdom cleared up to the one I'm on at the moment which is Seaside Kingdom

Comment

Feeling better about the game now but I feel like that's likely because the end goal is in sight. I'm currently mopping up Dark Side Moons at the moment having focused on the game over the weekend meaning I'm now knocking around 895 Moons.

Comment

200 moons in a weekend, Witcher 3 clocked in 3 weeks, jeez SF. Don't think anyone on here remotely competes in terms of speed of polishing stuff off!

I've got 4 moons to go. One hint art, the one with a koopa in a sombrero, both S class Snow Kingdom bounding races, and I've got to find enough purple coins to buy two more souvenirs. None of these feel fun but I'm too close to give up -.-

Comment

I thank the sun for this weekends progress I hate hot weather and the missus adores it, I usually get mithered into boiling outside in it but it turns out that SFJr2 has her fathers level of hatred for the sun so someone had to stay inside a lot and keep an eye on her... bonus time! Missus and SFJr1 were out playing in the garden for hours! It cost me time to wrap up Witcher 3 but I finally clocked it last night.

With Odyssey, I'd held off the Dark Side and Darker Side levels so something new remained late in the game. Finished Darker Side this morning and the only Kingdom with Moons remaining on my list is Mushroom Kingdom. About 70 to go and I get there and it turns out the majority are tied to collecting coins and buying them in the shop

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  I thank the sun for this weekends progress

Praise the sun!

I thought playing two player with those tiny pads would be a hand-cramping nightmare, but I think I actually prefer it over the full pad as I've got used to controlling the camera with one button.

Just started the lake planet.
                  It's hilarious as my son wants to go from A to B, but I'm always mooching because I know they've hidden stars everywhere.
                  "Why are you going over there, daddy?"
                  *YOU FOUND A MOON!*

Comment

Yeah, it's oddly disconcerting when you reach a kingdom that isn't so densely packed with coins and moons. Plenty players have probably wasted hours assuming the lesser packed kingdoms hid 80 moons under a small nook.

Comment

984 Moons now! Gah! Come on! I'm into such grind territory now for coins and Toadettes benchmarks

Comment

any tips for the snow kingdom bounding ones?

Comment

There aren't really any shortcuts for those, the best thing is to make sure you're hitting jump everytime you touch the ground as rolling is slower. You want to be ricocheting off every incline but if you are on a flat or upward surface with a dip behind it let Mario roll over onto the downward facing surface before bouncing again. Took me a couple of tries for each one as a lot depends on where you land as you try to shave corners but doesn't take long to get a good run that will land you first place.

Turned out that by buying higher priced outfits in the Shops I'd not bought enough items to trigger some Moons so after some more farming I clocked those moons then splurged the rest of my cash on buying the remainders. Finally hit 999 Moons this morning.

Come on Nintendo, get those Mario Galaxy HD Remasters done!

Comment

Finally hit 999 moons it's a good feeling!

Comment

Thats excellent. Well done! How did you do the rope jump in the end?

Comment

[MENTION=2492]cutmymilk[/MENTION] thanks! Embarrassingly, I glitched it...

I spent my entire evening on a weekday trying before raging out. Came back to it a few days later, still couldn’t get past about 70, so said **** it and glitched it. I felt bad though!

Managed to do pretty much everything else off my own back. I did google the solution to one hint art, and at the very end used YouTube videos to help me find a couple of purple coins I was missing (which was still fairly time consuming as it’s hard to work out which ones it actually is that you’ve missed, especially when you’ve randomly collected only 2 out of a trio somewhere).

Its probably the only collectathon I’ve found genuinely fun and worthwhile.

Comment

Working...
                                X