• Show
Clear All

We all know you'll be on Animal Crossing ��

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
      We all know you'll be on Animal Crossing ��
      That ship has sailed!

Comment

We just reached Goron City this evening. We tried lifting the sword but we’ve been hard pumping stamina instead.

It’s been utterly breathtaking so far. Even though we’ve followed the same route I did all those years back it’s felt totally different. A lot of the biomes are so rich vertically that a number of different routes are usually available. It’s been utterly breathtaking at the most of times.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
          That ship has sailed!
          Was Capp'n driving?

Comment

Any pc games similar to this? One that was greek inspired if I recall but can't remember the name.

Comment

Originally posted by Shin Gatsurai View Post
              Any pc games similar to this? One that was greek inspired if I recall but can't remember the name.
              This maybe?

Immortals Fenyx Rising brings grand mythological adventure to life. Play as Fenyx on a quest to save the Greek gods.

It’s only just hit steam but I believe it needs an Ubisoft account as well

Comment

This maybe?

Immortals Fenyx Rising brings grand mythological adventure to life. Play as Fenyx on a quest to save the Greek gods.

It’s only just hit steam but I believe it needs an Ubisoft account as well
                Very similar but without the vast empty spaces, they packed the map chock full of stuff, i really enjoyed it.

Comment

A nice new shiny white oled Switch turned up yesterday along with a copy of BOTW. Set up and connected to the TV, spent about four hours exploring the plateau and doing the first four temples. At which point my hands had had enough of the tiny controller, pro controller on order now.
                  This is going to be my go to between shorter PC games. I was gifted the piggyback guide a few years ago but I think I’m gonna do as much exploring as possible before I resort to using it.

Coming from PC playing at 4K 120hz to this at 1080 30fps on a 65 inch screen is less jarring than I thought it would be.
                  Great story and presentation has me adsorbed.

Comment

It's a great game and a must-play, I think, even if only to see what all the fuss is about.

Definitely the Pro pad is a good move. It massively uplifted the experience of using the Switch when I got mine.

Also a good idea to avoid using a guide! The joy of the game is really in the exploration and experimentation, I think.

Comment

I loved the first time around, got it on initial release but only played handheld and rushed to the finish.
                      Gonna savour it this time. No fast travel either!

Comment

Got to Impa. My method for play this time around is to head in the general direction of the quest and climb the highest peaks and look for shrines, go and clear them and repeat. [MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION] - pro pad is super comfy

Comment

Guess I wont be getting all the Korok seeds then

I`ve competed all the Devine beasts, the water blight one was a bit of a pain until I got the hang of it.
                          Not headed to the castle yet, gone full on explorer mode - mopping up as many shrines and quests. Also gone a bit armour crazy (gotta get em all) I take it the ancient armour is the best in game?

BOTW has become my Saturday morning thing.
                          Last edited by huxley; 21-01-2023, 10:49.

Comment

I've smashed my way through the divine beasts this week. Just got myself the master sword and am planning to tidy up a few loose ends before I take on Ganon. Wasn't really intending to 100% this game or anything but I can see this being something that I'll play on occasion to get my completion percentage up, like MGSV.

Glad I've finally gotten around to it and pushed myself beyond thinking that the game was largely empty and not very interesting. Being able to easily fast travel and having plenty of teleport points certainly makes the large world more accessible and less of a chore to navigate.

Pretty strong game as the swansong of the Wii U and a lunch title for the Switch.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              I've smashed my way through the divine beasts this week. Just got myself the master sword and am planning to tidy up a few loose ends before I take on Ganon. Wasn't really intending to 100% this game or anything but I can see this being something that I'll play on occasion to get my completion percentage up, like MGSV.

Glad I've finally gotten around to it and pushed myself beyond thinking that the game was largely empty and not very interesting. Being able to easily fast travel and having plenty of teleport points certainly makes the large world more accessible and less of a chore to navigate.

Pretty strong game as the swansong of the Wii U and a lunch title for the Switch.
                              I couldn’t agree more, did you manage to find a certain shield?

Comment

I couldn’t agree more, did you manage to find a certain shield?
                                I haven't yet but I've just looked it up and will be sure to obtain it.

Comment

Working...
                                X