Street Fighter V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Street Fighter V

Borrowed this over Christmas. Gave it back after a couple of days. Bloody awful. Doesn't play as well as IV and the art direction is horrible. Everyone looks like they're on steroids. The women look like men. The new characters are all dull. It's just awful. Games like this need style. And this has none. Can't believe how many characters and stages are locked away behind in-game purchases either. Awful game.

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
    The women look like men.
    What do you mean by this? I also didn't like the art style all that much, but I didn't find this to be the case.

Comment

I mean none of the female characters look female. They look like they've all been drinking testosterone shakes, they all look like body builders, bulging with muscles, they've all lost their femininity. Even their faces look masculine and remind me of very poor transsexuals. They look like once-men, who want be women and try to be women, but fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
        Borrowed this over Christmas. Gave it back after a couple of days. Bloody awful. Doesn't play as well as IV and the art direction is horrible. Everyone looks like they're on steroids. The women look like men. The new characters are all dull. It's just awful. Games like this need style. And this has none. Can't believe how many characters and stages are locked away behind in-game purchases either. Awful game.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it Zen but I can understand why. The pace of it is quite different to SFIV and it took me some time to readjust to SFV's flow.

I don't agree that the women look like men in the game. If anything they're oversexualised (the most conservative looking one is Karin and even that character is still attractive). I also don't think the characters are dull but I understand why you may find them dull though.

Agreed on the character and stage unlocks. I've unlocked the available DLC characters so far but only a couple of the additional stages.

Comment

I still enjoy the core gameplay of SFV and I don't mind the visuals but it was and remains an awful package which has been mishandled to hell. It's really time Capcom wrapped it up, cut their losses, did some souls searching and put their minds to Street Fighter VI

Comment

Street Fighter VI would be their Dreamcast moment, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              Street Fighter VI would be their Dreamcast moment, no doubt.
              How so?

Comment

Isn’t it ombvious? White and sleek and full of bright colours and online connectivity over dial up and little VMUs.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeadFreak View Post
                  How so?
                  Even if it turned out to be awesome most people would give it a pass, given their handling of V.

Then Capcom would stand there with their hands on their hips wondering what went wrong before canning the series for good.

Comment

I see. I can't see them ever giving up on Street Fighter, though. It's surely a cash cow even if the odd title is a bit of a commercial flop. Street Fighter 3 was pretty much ignored by most gamers at the time.

Comment

Quite looking forwards to giving this a second shot - I passed on S2, but have got a physical AE on its way, and am planning to plump for a S3 pass. I might not rate them, but in a way I do think it's a shame that various editions of the game will be lost though - I can still go back and play New Generation, or 2nd Impact, by comparison - whereas all we'll have to show for previous versions of SFV will be videos, at this rate...

Comment

I’m looking forward to the Arcade addition update I don’t play SFV as much as I’d like, but enjoyed my once a week hour or so session I used to have with Ken.

The one player modes in the AE update are welcome I hear challenge mode where you get costumes is fun, and the Arcade routes are interesting enough. Season 3 characters are more interesting than Season 2 which I really hated the designs besides Akuma and Minat.

Comment

I may pick this up. Starting to look like the game my giddy reflection in a hazy dream lake was originally hoping for.

Comment

Sf4 is so good. It truly is like what you imagined SF2 like in your head back then but even more awesome.

Comment

Personally, I think SFV nails it.

Comment

Working...
                              X