Destiny 2: + 2022 DLC The Witch Queen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    This is the first time that I haven’t bought a Destiny update on the first day. My main co-op friend isn’t getting it because Warmind was so lame. Now that I live with my Mrs., I can’t really do 16-hour-long sessions anymore, so Raids are probably out too.

I’m not sure that ¥10,500 is worth it just for the campaign, which if is anything like before, about two hours of game time.
    think of dlc one and two as the house of wolves and the dark below where as this is more akin to the bigger dlc drop off The Taken King, its also been made by Bungie too the other two dlcs where farmed out to other companys.

A friend of mine who runs three charicters and is currently between jobs played it yesterday from 6pm till 5am and he got through all the new campaing and hit the soft cap he tends to speed runs most of the story stuff so it may take others longer.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      New infusion system sounds worse than even the dark days of D1, now everything requires masterwork cores regardless.

That sounds fun as long as you have 40hrs in a 24hr day to rng masterwork cores.

Don’t worry it will all get fixed in the next expansion.

You can now buy cores with legendary shards, they rise in cost the more you buy so there are ways to get them bar rng, putting an infusion barrier up to me is a good idea the old system made leveling a pointless system, now you have to think about what to upgrade and cant just shove every blue you find into your fave Armour with no real thought or penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
        You can now buy cores with legendary shards, they rise in cost the more you buy so there are ways to get them bar rng, putting an infusion barrier up to me is a good idea the old system made leveling a pointless system, now you have to think about what to upgrade and cant just shove every blue you find into your fave Armour with no real thought or penalty.
        The requirement of extra shards plus mats was sufficient in the update. Masterwork cores is a piss take designed for no lifers that live on destiny.

Comment

Well I’ve hit the level cap of 50 (which I somehow thought was 60) and I’ve not even finished forsaken, only did two missions.
          Looks like I will make my way through that now, now the true grind loop begins again.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            The requirement of extra shards plus mats was sufficient in the update. Masterwork cores is a piss take designed for no lifers that live on destiny.
            As i said you can buy masterwork cores from spider the cost rises the more you buy, but resets daily. i barely played the last two dlc's and i have more than enough cores to bring up a few of my fave weapons so i can continue using them. Also infusing the same weapon into another doesn't cost masterwork cores so say you have two better devils one with crap perks and one with good ones you can put the higher level crap roll into it the good one for no material cost.

I'm hardly a destiny no lifer either as I've put a **** ton of my gaming time into Monster Hunter, god of war the switch and vr this year. i only get to play on an eve after 8pm too as fortnite has taken over my ps4 in my house grrr
            Last edited by Lebowski; 06-09-2018, 11:26.

Comment

Started playing this I have zero idea as to what I'm doing, getting smashed in pvp & no idea as to what to do apart from run around on earth and shoot **** up. Shooting is pretty cool though, I seem to be getting lots of gear quickly which is a good thing. peeps runnning around everywhere no idea how to do co-op ; though Ive done a couple of the event things and it seems random if there are any peeps around at the time to help you out. Will keep playing as the shooting bits are quite cool. Is there a BD clan?

Comment

There is a campaign that will teach you the basics you can go through the missions via the world map, id highly recommend doing this first not only wil it level you up but give you a ton of gear and experience in the process.

I'd stay away from pvp till you get to grips with the game as pvp is very heavily focused on specific weapons and Armour, before the recent update it was dominated by Gravaton lance and vigilance wing players.

Comment

Asking for a stupid n00b friend. Not me.

If I download the PS+ game, what am I getting, the base game?
                  What's Forsaken? The paid DLC that's not included.
                  Am I going to have a hobbled game without any DLC included?
                  Will I be unable to play with anyone?
                  Is this a co-op game? I don't want to just be cannon fodder for the unemployed and prepubescent.

He, I mean. Not me.

Comment

1. Yes, the basic aka vanilla version. ('Vanilla' is a gamer's metaphor for basic, except if you love vanilla for it's depth and complexity of flavour).
                    2. Yes, but you'll buy that won't you because the vanilla version is so tasty?
                    3. You just bought the DLC in question so you're happy now and this question is void.
                    4. Yes, you will be unable to play at any time with anyone you wish 100% guaranteed.
                    5. There are no cannons and everyone is super-nice.

^ sorry for being a minor troll, chaps.
                    Last edited by Golgo; 06-09-2018, 15:48. Reason: troll caveat

Comment

Who loves graviton lance?
                      *raises hand*

At the moment I’m all about Crimson and Main Ingredient because of course PvP can sometimes be shotgun Titan charging nightmare fuel, fusion rifles seem to give you some breathing space.
                      I second what Lebowski said run through campaign as that tends to open up stuff to do once finished, gives you a complete picture. It’s fairly straightforward too, then when you feel up for PvP head into quickplay, it’s 6vs6 and you can normally back someone up just to get to grips.
                      Last edited by Family Fry; 06-09-2018, 16:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                        Who loves graviton lance?
                        *raises hand*

At the moment I’m all about Crimson and Main Ingredient because of course PvP can sometimes be shotgun Titan charging nightmare fuel, fusion rifles seem to give you some breathing space.
                        I second what Lebowski said run through campaign as that tends to open up stuff to do once finished, gives you a complete picture. It’s fairly straightforward too, then when you feel up for PvP head into quickplay, it’s 6vs6 and you can normally back someone up just to get to grips.
                        Telestro, that is all.

Comment

Oh boy oh boy, Telestro is a god damn beast.
                          Saw someone the other day team shotting a titan so they could run around covered in mini explosives, such an evil technique.

I have to run Crimson though cause I’m a hand cannon noob.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                            Oh boy oh boy, Telestro is a god damn beast.
                            Saw someone the other day team shotting a titan so they could run around covered in mini explosives, such an evil technique.

I have to run Crimson though cause I’m a hand cannon noob.
                            I was running Nightshade, Telestro & sword and managed to embarrass a full stacked team of shoulder charging titans running shottys. Lost the match but certainly dented their pride with some lone wolf D1 style attacking.

Comment

Dreaming City is amazing. Bt far best Destiny area made so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                                Dreaming City is amazing. Bt far best Destiny area made so far.
                                Is it a full on patrol area or like a cut down one so to speak?

Haven’t bought the expansion but for what I’ve seen of the artwork on Forsaken it’s absolutely top draw as usual.

Comment

Working...
                                X