No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And speaking of VR anyone tried the demo of Zone of the Enders 2 in VR. Holy Crap its amazing in VR

Comment

I'm loving Colin's enthusiasm for this!

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      I only wish SEGA grew a brain and ported the likes of Lets Go Jungle 3D to VR and use the aim controller
      Deffo! There's a bunch of those games that would translate from the arcade to VR brilliantly, especially the ones in those domed cabinets.

Has anyone tried Kuna VR? I'm getting some Alan Wake vibes from this!

Comment

I tried Zone of the Enders: Second Runner last night but have to admit I didn't enjoy it one bit. Like other demo's taking the cockpit view, it works really well from an immersion standpoint but I didn't feel like the gameplay worked for it at all. Visually it's a great experience at first but to play it ruined the game for me.

I tried the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Jackal demo last night. Very Eve: Valkyrie and worked fine, it not as strongly as that game but given this is just a free 'experience' couldn't grumble.

Also tried out the demo for Super Hyper Cube. The sense of depth and visuals that surround you was great, one of the better ones I've tried. Didn't like how the puzzle piece blocks your view. You just tilt your head to see past it which works great but gets old pretty quick. After that I just tried a couple of the video VR demos like the Times Square one, they work okay but the video quality is far too low res.

Still got a few demo's to go but I'm quickly approaching the point where I feel it's becoming clear that I'd get little lifespan from PSVR past a handful of games... were it not for opening it up to PC. This weekend I may start looking into the ease of setting it up for that.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          I'm loving Colin's enthusiasm for this!
          Think the trouble is, unless you try it for your self, words and videos fail to do any justice to VR what so ever. When you do try it, one can't helped to be blown away.

Deffo! There's a bunch of those games that would translate from the arcade to VR brilliantly, especially the ones in those domed cabinets.
          Yeah just so many Arcade games that would work ace in VR and lose nothing to the 1080 scree res. I loved to play so many of SEGA ligh gun games in VR. Love to see Lets Go Jungle, GunBlade NY, Jurassic Park The Lost World, 2 Spicy, Ghost Squad ect come to VR

Comment

ZOE was crap. Not because of the VR implementation, just because it's a crap game.

Comment

"Déraciné is a brand new story adventure created by the renowned Bloodborne developer, FromSoftware , available exclusively on PSVR. As a spirit summoned by a young girl in a secluded boarding school, the player must prove its existence and build a unique bond with the students through clever interactions. As the mystery of the story unfolds, the spirit must use its ability to manipulate the forces of life and time to change the fate of the pupils.

You play as an invisible faerie in Déraciné as you navigate through an old-fashioned boarding school that's been frozen in time. You'll be able to interact with objects and inhabitants of the school, poking and prodding at the setting to uncover its story.

Hidetaka Miyazaki of FromSoftware says that the team wanted to develop a title for VR, but it also wanted to return to the type of game it used to make. "We actually released a lot of adventure games prior to our more recent reputation for action titles," Miyazaki explains. "For example, we released one called Echo Knight. We didn’t want to just bring that back, but at the same time we knew that we had heritage in adventure games. So that gave us the opportunity to start having an internal conversation about what we could do within that genre, while at the same time looking at VR – and the two ideas meshed well."

Despite being a completely different experience to that of its more recent work, Déraciné maintains that melancholy vibe found in Dark Souls and Bloodborne. It'll also feature similar storytelling techniques to encourage exploration. However, Miyazaki says that this game will be a more lighthearted affair, aiming to deliver some "joy and happiness" to players despite the setting and muted art style."

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                Think the trouble is, unless you try it for your self, words and videos fail to do any justice to VR what so ever. When you do try it, one can't helped to be blown away.
                Agreed. It's cliched and it sounds patronising, but you really can't understand how good VR is until you actually experience it, screenshots and videos don't do it justice at all.
                In my experience it's the best thing to happen to gaming since gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
                  Agreed. It's cliched and it sounds patronising, but you really can't understand how good VR is until you actually experience it, screenshots and videos don't do it justice at all.
                  In my experience it's the best thing to happen to gaming since gaming.
                  Yep. Pancake gaming is so lame in comparison.

Comment

I’m going to say it now, I don’t ever want to play a racing game again unless it’s in VR.

And I’m basing that against a game that no one seems to rate in VR, driveclub......god knows how epic the ‘good’ ones are!

Comment

First VR experience I actually had was Bound and that made my stomach fall out my arse when it got to the triply section, it’s quite a floaty game anyways so having a character pirouette over a beam quite high up just made my stomach fall.
                      SuperHot is one of my favourite games and being able to experience that in VR is just an experience I won’t easily forget, it’s such a good game for VR it really is.

For me I wasn’t really hyped about VR but once you do look it and see it, playing the RE7 beginning hour demo is an experience I won’t ever forget. I NEED to buy the game.

Here’s some E3 PSVR E3 highlight videos.

USA has some new and old.

EU just new stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        I’m going to say it now, I don’t ever want to play a racing game again unless it’s in VR.

And I’m basing that against a game that no one seems to rate in VR, driveclub......god knows how epic the ‘good’ ones are!
                        Wipeout. It's like Wipeout has been waiting for VR to be invented; this is why that game was created, *insert further evangelism here*

Comment

I'll get to it, I've admittedly been in no rush to unwrap it as I've never been a wipeout fan. Nearly **** my drawers playing that rush of blood demo today mind you.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post

Are you using it with a proper wheel and pedals set-up, or a controller? I’m quite intrigued as to what something like Gran Turismo would be like; I assume this is a good one?

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            Wipeout. It's like Wipeout has been waiting for VR to be invented; this is why that game was created, *insert further evangelism here*
                            It’s never made you feel queasy even one going along at that speed?

Do any of you wish you were in a game show with Craig Charles...

Comment

Wipeout is the only reason I want to buy a PSVR and they're slowly but surely creeping down the sweet spot for pricing. Saw a couple of the v1s go for £100 the other day but I'm after the v2.
                              [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION] when you're in VR mode do they take off all the HUD stuff so its pure visuals? For some reason you couldn't strip the HUD on PS4 like you could on the PSP and without it it really amps the immersion as you get wall to wall visuals at full speed.

Comment

Is that Tesco one a V2?

Comment

Working...
                                X