PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice update incoming for Skyrim On PSVR chaps
    Bethesda may have another Elder Scrolls VR game on the way, but it’s not done with its VR port of Skyrim, either. Seven months on from release, the PSVR version of Skyrim is getting another update with some significant upgrades. For starters, Bethesda says patch 1.4.40.0.

Full patch notes:
    Added a new main menu experience
    Globally improved visual fidelity, particularly on PS4 Pro
    Increased the maximum value for the height offset slider
    Various bugfixes
    Changes when using PS Move controllers:
    In direct movement, changed the secondary X button to move the player backwards.
    Added a new option, enabled by default, to “Show Hands When Sheathed”
    Sheath/unsheath has been moved to hold secondary O.
    Adjusted angle for spell targeting to be more comfortable
    The existing swimming has been moved to a new option for “Realistic Swimming”. Swimming by default now uses Direct Movement style controls
    Added option for HMD-relative direct movement instead of controller-relative direct movement.
    Added a new option for “Realistic Bow Aiming” which uses both PS Move controllers to aim
    Players can now point at map markers and get information on them in local map mode

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

If only the weather wasn't too sweaty to play PSVR!

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          If only the weather wasn't too sweaty to play PSVR!
          Yeah, I'm buying one soon but it's going to stay in its box until the winter, I think.

Comment

So I managed to get a PSVR Aim controller today from Argos. Well that adds to the experience! Best. Weapon select. Ever.

Comment

Farpoint?

Comment

Aye.

Comment

Imagine playing Halo like that...

I mean, to be honest Farpoint is a low-middle tier shooter at best on a telly but VR makes it special. A full AAA shooter like Halo but in VR? OMFG!

Comment

Headmaster is down to a fiver on the PS store.
                    It's brill, just buy it, and a good game for VR noobs too.

I've plumped for Ultrawings @ £9.
                    Looks like Pilotwings in VR.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      Imagine playing Halo like that...

I mean, to be honest Farpoint is a low-middle tier shooter at best on a telly but VR makes it special. A full AAA shooter like Halo but in VR? OMFG!
                      I know Brad, it would be mind blowing, PSVR really is the biggest step forward in gaming in a LONG time for me. Those aim controllers are a pain in the arse to get hold of, I had to buy a Farpoint bundle to get one, which means i have a second sealed copy if anyone is looking to buy it.

Comment

I randomly found one in Smyth's on the Farpoint pack while I was high on the VR honeymoon and was just not even caring about the price, I just wanted ALL of the VR lol.

Gonna play it all again on a tougher setting.

Comment

I really enjoyed this video of a Tetris champion playing Tetris Effect for the first time.

Comment

Is Farpoint awesome? I’m not taking advantage of my PSVR. I’m on the cusp of an entirely new AV setup, so to justify the “nerd goggles” would be good for me. I’ve not embraced VR as much as I could. I’ve stayed away from wands, but I’m liking the Farpoint talk this far. If I get the box set on import for way more money than just going to Argos, will I have an enjoyable experience?
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I paid 40 or 50 quid for the gun and the game and was blown away by the experience. As I've said before, it's not a great game, but it is a good shooter and the immersion with that gun is like nothing else.

Comment

Nice one Brad. It sounds like it might be worth checking out.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X