No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. Somehow I know that in 5 years time we’ll still be hearing how no one makes a platformer quite like Nintendo, and that will be a lie. The skill and precision that’s gone into this is easily as impressive as mario 64. Just like back then when Nintendo had to make platforming work in 3D, so Japan Studio have had to make it work in VR, and they absolutely nailed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      Yep. Somehow I know that in 5 years time we’ll still be hearing how no one makes a platformer quite like Nintendo, and that will be a lie. The skill and precision that’s gone into this is easily as impressive as mario 64. Just like back then when Nintendo had to make platforming work in 3D, so Japan Studio have had to make it work in VR, and they absolutely nailed it.
      The simple fact is Nintendo couldn't make a game this good. Sony Japan have shown the world how to make a true 3D platform game

Comment

Right, I’m going to go buy this when Argos opens, I hope you two are right! I realised this morning that it’s been weeks since I even switched my PS4 on, since getting our new TV with all the Netflix/Prime/NowTV stuff built in I’ve just had no need to, I’m in a real modern gaming slump.

Comment

I saw Astrobot in Smyths last weekend for £25. I still need to try the demo before going for it.

Comment

It’s £25 in Argos as well. My wife has a wedding fair in Glasgow all day so I have the perfect opportunity to give it a go. Was going to buy red dead, but reading the comments it just sounds like a chore to play.

Comment

Try the new demo first. It will totally tell you if you’ll like the full game.

I disagree that Nintendo couldn’t make this game. They totally could. But they haven’t

Comment

Don't bother with the demo, just get the game! Yes, it's that good.
                Honestly, if this was made by Nintendo people would be jumping over themselves to how only Nintendo could make this game and how much a class above the rest there are. Not only is this game wonderful and the best VR game going, it's also the best 3D platform game ever made and doesn't just look great, it uses 3D for some of the puzzles and sections. It's so bloody wonderful it can't help but put a simple on your face

SONY have totally owned the 3D platformer with one game and made Mario Oddesy look ordinary and quite tiresome in comparison.

Comment

Urgh.

Switch PS4 on. Needs software update. Done.

Download demo.

Switch PSVR on. Needs software update. Done.

Wife just left for work, doors locked. Ok, here goes.

Comment

Well I suppose I better get my clothes on and head down to Argos, that was ace!

Comment

Hurrah!!!!

Comment

Check stock, mine has been sold out since launch, had to use amazon

Comment

It was the first thing I did mate and reserved.

Installing now!

Comment

So close to finally buying one of these while the Game £199 offer is on. The only thing that worries me is that I need to wear glasses for the tv - has anyone got any experience of using this and wearing glasses? Is it comfortable?

Comment

Well Astro Bot is just bloody lovely, isn't it! Half way through world two, absolutely frikkin' loved the world one boss fight, just a beautiful game to look at and play. Need to stop for some food, but I can see me hammering this today, loving finding the wee secrets. Great recommendation [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3542]Team Andromeda[/MENTION].

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                Well Astro Bot is just bloody lovely, isn't it! Half way through world two, absolutely frikkin' loved the world one boss fight, just a beautiful game to look at and play. Need to stop for some food, but I can see me hammering this today, loving finding the wee secrets. Great recommendation [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3542]Team Andromeda[/MENTION].
                                Told you. Bye Bye Swtich and Bye Bye Mario... There's a new king in Town and its called Astrobot

Comment

Working...
                                X