No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully this gets a non-VR release. Would definitely pick it up if I haven’t sold my PS4 Pro by then

Comment

Not sure it would be the same without VR to be honest. It’s outstanding so far, but I’m very conscious of the fact I’ve completed two worlds already and I think there’s only five? I mean, I know there are all the challenges and stuff as well, but it would seem the main game is quite small?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        Not sure it would be the same without VR to be honest. It’s outstanding so far, but I’m very conscious of the fact I’ve completed two worlds already and I think there’s only five? I mean, I know there are all the challenges and stuff as well, but it would seem the main game is quite small?
        That’s why I’m wary of labels such as «best 3D platformer ever» and «makes Super Mario Odyssey look tiresome». Maybe it’s just the best VR platformer!

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
          There's a new king in Town and its called Astrobot
          What's the best bundle deal available? I don't want to have to buy any extras like a camera or controller. You've convinced me that I need VR.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
            What's the best bundle deal available? I don't want to have to buy any extras like a camera or controller. You've convinced me that I need VR.
            I don’t think any official SKU comes with everything. Stores might have their own bundles though

Comment

Most bundles now are the headset and camera. Some games only use a dual shock anyway e.g. Astro Bot, so you'd be good to go with that. Sainsbury's had a set for £199.

Regarding just the best VR platformer. I suspect that's true. But it's only true in the same way that Mario 64 was the best 3D platformer. It did things that you needed 3D to be able to pull off. Astro Bot does things that you need VR to do, and also some of the stuff requires the motion controls of the Dual Shock 4. So, it's a fantastic platformer that makes great use of all the features of the PS4 and its headset. It's not going to be a long game hence the budget price.

Comment

It’s brilliant, but I think best platformer ever is over doing it. Definitely the best game on PSVR I’ve played so far mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  Some games only use a dual shock anyway e.g. Astro Bot, so you'd be good to go with that. Sainsbury's had a set for £199.
                  I have a PS3 Move controller -- can I use it with the PS4 VR?

Comment

Indeed you can! The PS3 Move controllers are in fact the "free motion" controllers of PSVR; they didn't make anything else. Generally - but not always - games that support/need PS Move controllers need 2 of them however.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                      I have a PS3 Move controller -- can I use it with the PS4 VR?
                      Yes, they’re the same. Kinda like how Nintendo sold Wii U branded Wiimotes

Comment

games that support/need PS Move controllers need 2 of them however.
                        I have two of them. It's good news, because I thought I'd never be bothered to use them again. Is Firewall any good? Looks like it might need the rifle controller?

Comment

Not got that one as seem mp focused but hear it’s great with the aim controller yeah.

The heist demo uses them to great effect and a full version of that is due soon I believe. They can be temperamental though as you probably know from ps3 usage!

Comment

They can be temperamental though as you probably know from ps3 usage!
                            I'm buying VR for AstroBot, so I won't worry about the Motion controllers. I decided that Firewall, however good it looks, might not be my cup of tea. I think I'll also download Rez -- and I already have Polybius, so it will interesting to see what that's like in VR.

Comment

Nice. Farpoint is a nice single player alternative to Firewall to get the most out of the Aim controller. It's like a low budget, hugely inferior version of Halo BUT don't let that put you off because when you're using the gun just like you would with a real gun it's immensely satisfying.

Comment

That's three worlds complete and I'm going to leave it at that for the day. Absolutely brilliant wee game, but I don't want to rattle through it all in one day! Just really, really fun gaming. Man, if only they could keep a run of software of this calibre going on PSVR it would be amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X