No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, this thread has me slightly hyped. Do I? I know they say it is bad for kids. Just wondered if any of your guys with young kids disobey the rulez?

I'm scared, I'd play it for a week then it will be in a draw with PS3 camera.

Comment

I bought it because I'm relatively confident I will use it.

I often went back to Wipeout on the ps3, so the chance to play this in VR will be awesome.
      To chill out I will sometimes put on GTsport and just do time trials; Now I can do it in VR.
      Horror Games like Resi7 will instantly be more pant-****ting.
      Plus Ace Combat is going to be VR. I'm excited just thinking about doing corkscrews through the air!

Comment

Looks like beat saber has finally got a psvr release date it's coming nov 20th, i have a feeling i may have too many games to deal with i'm gonna end up burning out lol.

Comment

If anyone is after a case for their headset, I have (and can recommend) one of these:
          Buy Product not found at Argos. Thousands of products for same day delivery, or fast store collection.

It's cheaper than when I bought mine now too.

Comment

I really want beat sabre but loathed to shell out for the move controllers

Comment

I have an amazing mental image of [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] going full 'Lawnmower Man'

Comment

Are we talking before or after he goes totally insane? lol.

One of the appeals of me getting this is been inside slightly surreal enviroments and just enjoying the atmosphere, it's not just the gaming but the experience of been inside that i'm most craving which is why even basic looking games like the american dream are appealing to me as with that one isike some weird mock 1950's american simulation even if it is one of a bazillion gallery shooters on the system. really looking forward to trying as many titles as possible, it's going to get a crazy amount of use.

Comment

I was going to treat myself to Tetris Effect this weekend but after playing the Astro Bot demo I know where my money will be going instead. Well done Sony for making the first game I’ve tried that felt like it could only be done properly in VR. They really have thought about using the VR to interact with the game world properly such as leaning forward to see round objects or using the special skills added to the controller.

I can’t remember who said it earlier in the thread but if this was a Nintendo production, featuring Mario no doubt, it would be hailed as the reason to get a VR unit. And I agree. It has that level of care and polish that you expect from a first party Nintendo title.

Lads, any tips for donning the VR headset? I seem to spend ages getting it setup so things are more or less in focus. It just never seems as sharp as I would hope it should be. The screen door effect isn’t great either.

Comment

Originally posted by Budge74 View Post
                    If anyone is after a case for their headset, I have (and can recommend) one of these:
                    Buy Product not found at Argos. Thousands of products for same day delivery, or fast store collection.

It's cheaper than when I bought mine now too.
                    I have the same case and can recommend it too

Comment

PSVR can be a bit blurry, at the edges mainly. I end up having the back of the headband quite high on my head, so it tilts the eye section down a bit and I can tell that is getting it in focus.

Played more Astro Bot last night and it stepped it up again. Only got 4 of the 8 bots so that one needs revisiting. Did some cool stuff where I had to really think about the pace I moved the bot forward because there were

circular saw blades that would hit ME if I didn't get the speed right!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        PSVR can be a bit blurry, at the edges mainly. I end up having the back of the headband quite high on my head, so it tilts the eye section down a bit and I can tell that is getting it in focus.
                        I thought the blurriness round the edges was due to foveated rendering? The image always seems to a bit out of focus all over. I have found wearing the headband higher up on my head helps keep the unit more square to my face. Is it worth trying the item on the system menu for setting up the headset using the distance between your eyes?

Comment

Made it worse in my case lol. I don’t really have any issues with the image quality tbh and the screen door effect I have to actually look for otherwise I don’t even see it.

Comment

I’m the same, I have to wear mine in quite an odd way to get a nice image. (Similar to [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION] by the sound of it) It is definitely possible to get it looking nice though!

Comment

I must have an odd shaped head as psvr is permanent blurry vision for me, no matter how it’s adjusted it never sits right on my head for that sweet spot picture wise.

Hence why I’m not bothered about it for myself.

Hopefully the next gen version is better.

Comment

Just need to do a few errands and I can get started on Moss while the wife is off doing a wedding for the morning. Back to a life of sneaking in gaming wherever I can due to PSVR, it's been a while!

Comment

Working...
                                X