Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice!

Comment

I'm thinking of picking up a PSVR. Whats the deal with the move controls - do I need them or can I get by without?

Comment

You can get by without, depends on what games you want to play. I haven’t had the need to use them, but then again I haven’t played the Batman-game.

Comment

Well both components have turned up, seems i got a version 2 headset not sure if that's a good thing or not. Cheap ass sony only including a download code for the worlds game for the price this thing cost they could have at least given me a damn disk thats 8 gig of my hd gone already. Gonna have to look into getting a bigger one at some point as it's getting filled with VR stuff.

Got some headphones & a set of move controllers coming next week so that's all the hardware obtained now, even got a charging stand for the move controllers as i heard that sony is so cheap they don't even include a charging cable for them in the box. Time to start making a master list of VR games now.

Comment

It would’ve taken up 8gb even if you had it on disc. PS4 installs all games fully to the HDD, the discs are really just a ‘key’ to enable the game to run once it’s installed. It doesn’t read data off it during gameplay.

Nice get btw

Comment

Ah so the disks are just like install disks then? so my hd is gonna get filled no matter what im assuming.

Comment

Yep. My Xbox seems to be the same

Comment

looks like i'll be needing a hd upgrade then at some point hopefully i manage to get a decent amount of vr games on before my 500gb one fills.

Comment

Had a good session on Moss today. Beautiful wee game, though at times I did find the controls more than a little irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                      Ah so the disks are just like install disks then? so my hd is gonna get filled no matter what im assuming.
                      Yeah, it will. The games run off the HDD, but you need the disc inserted to play. Xbox One works the same way.

Ive had a machine since near launch and still have the original 500GB HDD. I just delete stuff...not much of a hardship to reinstall it if I want to play, apart from the odd game like RDR2 which has a very lengthy install.

Comment

Set everything up & calibrated the crap out of it, at first i thought the screen was terrible as i couldn't get the thing non blurry but i finally figured out the sweet spot and it's not that bad at all now, got it in focus i can easily live with that. The pixels don't bother me as i am used to low quality screens thanks to my eyetrek goggles. The stereoscopic effect is lovely. Played most of the ps worlds stuff as it's a nice intro also tried the hatsune miku concert thing it was nice too and the first level of statik but now it's all boxed up and away took a bloody age to get all the cables back in the box.

Consider me impressed, can't wait to fully get my hands on it all at xmas.

One question, can you buy spare rubber shroud thingys? Might be a good idea to get a spare in case i ever mess this one up.
                        Last edited by importaku; 10-11-2018, 16:21.

Comment

If you're only gonna use it for VR I reckon you'll be fine. It's the AAA games that eat up space. Uncharted 4 is like 60 GB and that's far from the biggest game out there.

Comment

Played a bit more SuperHot again tonight; going to have to move my kit around. It works, but as the game grows more difficult, the little hiccups with the tracking become more and more of a problem.

Comment

That little crane game in the vr playroom is far more fun that it should be. Had to stop playing as i was quickly getting addicted, did giggle everytime i turn around and that little army of astrobots starts getting excited at me.

Comment

Worried about my glasses scratching the lenses of my headset, never knew they made lens protectors but after searching i found a decent pair which push in but they are not cheap but the company that makes them also makes precription lenses so i might be able to get my glasses made to suit the vr lenses at some point but for now some protective push in ones will do plus they are coated to filter out excessive blue light as well so it should help with eye strain.
                                Our PSVR lenses protect your headset lenses from scratches. For the upcoming PSVR2 we will have support for prescription lenses, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X