PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    We are excited to reveal today that Sony Interactive Entertainment has officially sold-through more than three million PlayStation VR systems worldwide, along with 21.9 million PS VR games and experiences.
    That's an attach rate of over 7; that's pretty high.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      That's an attach rate of over 7; that's pretty high.
      I feel like that's right for the way it played out for me.

I got one great experience (RE7) and then I wanted as much as possible.

I bought Moss yesterday and will be looking through the Summer Sale again today I reckon. For people who buy into it, I feel like they really buy into it.

Comment

The figures are interesting when you consider the Vita:

Despite this, the system still only managed to sell 4 million units worldwide in its first 10 months on the market,[6] and estimated by analysts to only be at 6 million units sold after two years of availability.[47] After 2012, Sony ceased releasing direct sales figures of the Vita, instead opting to release combined sales figures with it and the PSP.[47] Still, the system under-performed; while Sony projected selling 16 million units of combined Vita and PSP systems, it had to slash its forecast twice in the same year—down to 12 and then 10 million units sold.[48]

Still thinking about how successful this has been for Sony. People often make this comparison to the Vita, and I can see why, but ultimately it isn't the best. The PSVR is kinda different to anything that has come before it, in that it's both a peripheral and like a platform.

Then again, if you compare it to something like the Kinect, that absolutely demolishes it. The Xbox 360 Kinect, terrible device though it was, sold 8 million units in its first 60 days, and had sold I think over 20 million prior to the launch of the Xbox One.

However I don't know the manufacturer's margin on either device, so again, the comparison isn't great. That attach rate is super-important for this, because I doubt the Kinect's attach rate was anywhere near that high.

I hope it continues to sell, though. I'm going to buy one in the Autumn and I really don't want Sony to ditch it beforehand!

Comment

It's a weird stat in a way. The 3m is mostly impressive because sales since launch appear to have remained consistent, no doubt also buoyed by the recent price drop. On the flip side it's clearly not a sustainable figure going forward beyond this gen without another hyped breakthrough in the tech. It's why I wanted to pick one up at this point as I still don't see it making the transition to PS5.

Sony themselves seem to have pulled a bit of a Vita and stepped back from it in terms of software support but it seems to be working out reasonably well for those who have PC VR games and can port them over to PSVR and its nice there's still a few bespoke games getting announced now and then

Comment

In the couple of weeks I’ve had psvr it’s completely blown my mind ! A real game changer , I flippin love it

Comment

Star Trek Bridge Crew is fab! I'm using the move controllers and voice and feel like I'm a Starfleet captain.

"Divert power to shields"!

Comment

Star Trek Bridge Crew always reminds me of Mack from worth a buy and what might be the funniest gaming vid I've seen (skip to 16:25):

Comment

Demo playable in both VR and Non-VR.brbrThis prequel takes place several years before the events of Transference. Enter the experiment that laid the foundation for the events that followed.brbrExplore the mind of a troubled test subject suffering from PTSD.brbrSolve mind-bending puzzles as you repair his corrupted memories.brbrSwitch between multiple perspectives as you attempt to piece together his story.brbr1 playerbrDUALSHOCK®4 Vibration FunctionbrHD Video Output 720p,1080i,1080pbrbrDownload of this product is subject to the PlayStation Network Terms of Service and our Software Usage Terms plus any specific additional conditions applying to this product. If you do not wish to accept these terms, do not download this product. See Terms of Service for more important information.brLibrary programs ©Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. exclusively licensed to Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. Software Usage Terms apply, See eu.playstation.comlegal for full usage rights.brbr© 2018 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Transference, the Transference logo, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US andor other countries.

Free demo of Transference available.
                  Looks kooky.

Comment

Batman VR Experience

This is bloody amazing. Currently £7 and recommended to everyone with PSVR at this price point. The ending is a real mind ****

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      Batman VR Experience

This is bloody amazing. Currently £7 and recommended to everyone with PSVR at this price point. The ending is a real mind ****
                      I loved that.

It is also a brilliant experience to play standing up. One of the first games that also makes you physically look behind you. Which is ace.

Comment

Yes!!! Made me want to set up a whole room VR system.

The bit at the end when you look away from the mirror and when you look back you see Joker was fabulous

Comment

OK all, what's the best PSVR deal right now? I need the lot; headset, camera, move controllers and probably some kind of stand or case.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            OK all, what's the best PSVR deal right now? I need the lot; headset, camera, move controllers and probably some kind of stand or case.
                            Game (for a change).
                            Some good bundles with good games.
                            The move controllers bump the price up a lot, so you may want to get them afterwards?

Comment

Resident Evil VII is down to less than 10 bucks @ Game

It's absolutely terrifying in VR, if you haven't tried it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Budge74 View Post
                                Game (for a change).
                                Some good bundles with good games.
                                The move controllers bump the price up a lot, so you may want to get them afterwards?
                                Hmm, all the packs seem to have REVII which I'm not that fussed about.

What's better out of The Persistence or Firewall?

Comment

Working...
                                X