No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skyrim is down to £15 on the PS Store...

Comment

Looks better with latest update too

Comment

I've never played a Skyrim game, is it heavy on constantly doing upgrades and levelling up crap I'd imagine?

Comment

It has levelling up but its possibly one of the most simplified systems around, you basically just play the game and once in a while when you remember to do it select what to upgrade. It's so straightforward it might as well be automated.

Thanks to the summer heat I literally haven't touched PSVR, it's just too warm to use it. Skyrim VR appeals but for revisiting the game I think the weather may have swung me more towards the Switch version.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            I've never played a Skyrim game, is it heavy on constantly doing upgrades and levelling up crap I'd imagine?
            Legendary Wizard: "YOU are the last hope to save Skyrim, a province of The Empire on the continent of Tamriel. It is being torn apart by a civil war between two factions: the Stormcloaks, led by Ulfric Stormcloak, and the Imperial Legion, led by General Tullius. You are a Dragonborn , a mortal born with the soul and power of a dragon. Alduin, the largest black dragon ever knows has returned to the land after being lost in time. He is the first dragon created by vengeful god, Akatosh, who is prophesied to destroy man and CONSUME THE WHOLE WOOOORLD!
            Do you have any questions for me 'fore your quest begineth?"

Colin The Great: "So, I'm constantly doing upgrades and levelling up crap?"

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              Thanks to the summer heat I literally haven't touched PSVR, it's just too warm to use it. Skyrim VR appeals but for revisiting the game I think the weather may have swung me more towards the Switch version.
              Yeah, I bought my PS4 mainly for it, but I'm going to wait until the darker nights come in.

Comment

Share TweetA recent oopsie-do by Valve gives us the total player count for thousands of Steam games. [7/8/2018] UPDATE: We have made slight corrections to better clarify how these estimates were derived and the various factors effecting their accuracy. Thanks to a recent data leak within the Steam Achievements API, thousands of games available on […]

Valve's player count info leaked out and in doing so exposed the figures for PC VR games. Given the push HTC and Oculus have made along with Sony it's another eye opening look at how VR has been doing, the results show that despite the skin both companies have in the VR game, for gamers it may be down to Sony if VR pushes out into the wider market. The following figures are the most successful VR games on PC and the numbers represent the total number of players each game has had in it's respective entire lifespan to date:

Rec Room – 316 KJob Simulator – 200 K
                Space Pirate Trainer – 179 K
                Arizona sunshine – 168 K
                SUPERHOT VR – 158 K
                Fallout 4 VR – 133 K
                Skyrim VR – 99 K
                The Gallery – Episode 1 – 92 K
                Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality – 84 K
                Fruit Ninja VR – 75 K
                The Brookhaven Experiment – 74 K
                Holopoint – 60 K
                Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope – 53 K
                Sairento – 43 K
                I expect you to die – 41 K
                Out of Ammo – 35 K
                DOOM VFR – 34 K
                Duck Season – 30 K
                Talos Principle VR – 26 K
                Cosmic Trip – 17 K
                LA Noire VR – 17 K
                Sprint Vector – 16 K
                Eagle Flight – 13 K
                Ultrawings – 12 K
                Hot Dogs, Horseshoes & Hand Grenades – 9.7 K
                The Gallery – Episode 2 – 7.8 K
                Ark Park – 4.7 K
                Moss – 4.6 K
                Apex Construct – 2.7 K

The figures are pretty horrible and don't ode well for future gaming investment, Moss is recent but it's sad to see the figure is that bad. There is a disconnect with Oculus and HTC for PC as they're hardware companies so we'll likely see further iteration of their headsets but for software developers the incentives seem low. It'd be interesting to be able stack these figures against PSVR's for games available on both formats.

Comment

Comment

ZoE: The Second Runner Mars-something demo:

Comment

It was a little bit cooler last night so I fired up the PSVR. Mistake! The heat still got to me and I felt well off colour for a bit for it later on. Pushed on with Farpoint at last though and it remains a nice showcase for the VR effect... wrapped in... an awful game. It feels like it was carried a lot by the helmet, other than the VR aspect the game is a barely passable PS3 era PSN effort. It's short though so will wrap it up and blitz the remaining demo's.

More interesting though was that going back to VR after a break was an experience that hit me as one that is truly unique but at the same time I still feel an expendable one. Like, I don't miss VR when I play normal view games afterwards and whilst their are good experiences that word remains key 'experiences'. It still feels more a concept than a finished article and this weather amplifies just how far off the tech is from any chance of mass market success.

When I'm done with it I'll certainly be glad I found the time (and money!) to try it this gen, it's too unique to not be a stand out experience from this gen, but when it fails to be mentioned at the PS5 reveal I won't be questioning its absence either.

Comment

[MENTION=345]Superman Falls[/MENTION] fair observations, and also why I'm waiting until winter to buy my own PSVR.

Give me a shout if that coincides with you getting rid of yours!!

Comment

Agreed re: Farpoint but what an experience! Assuming you have the gun of course. Their next game could be amazing though.

Comment

Sony asked me to do a survey the other day as they had noticed that I hadn't used my PSVR recently!

I did it and told them it's because I don't want to be clamped into a headset in 31 degrees centigrade heat!

Comment

I bought the psvr VR Worlds bundle with the Move controllers on Prime Day last week. Tried it a few times and I have to say I’m impressed with the kit, more than I thought I would be but man does it make me feel sick. I didn’t think I suffered from motion sickness as I travel fine and I’ve played games for over 30 years but 5 minutes on Rigs or VR Luge and I feel really queasy and get a headache.

i hope the more I play it in little bursts the more I become accustomed to it and the feeling will pass. It’s a shame as I really want to play Rez, Resi and Wipeout

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Critic View Post
                                Rigs or VR Luge
                                These are two of the worst on the entire system.
                                Stay away from them for a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X