Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    Eh, I thought it was doing great?
    PlayStation 4 is entering the final phase of its life cycle, Sony Interactive Entertainment president and CEO John (Tsuyoshi) Kodera said at Sony Investor Relations Day 2018 in Tokyo today.

"Regarding PlayStation VR, Kodera said that while the platform continues to sell, the growth speed of the market as a whole is lower than predicted. From now on they will aim for healthy growth with a more realistic outlook."

Comment

They have the most consumer-ready set out there. Maybe they should drive it a little harder with support and own the entire market?

That's like Nintendo packing in handhelds after the Gameboy because the market wasn't there.

Comment

They need to give something away for free every month to Plus to help boost appeal.

Comment

Its a real shame Sony aren't more open to indy developers. there are 100s of free tech demos and experiences available for the Rift and Vive.

I think Beat Saber is ok on PSN soon, that should drive sales. It hit the steam top 10 on day of release.

Its the best £15 I`ve spent this year

Comment

I'm looking forward to CoolPaintr being reduced.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
              Its a real shame Sony aren't more open to indy developers. there are 100s of free tech demos and experiences available for the Rift and Vive.
              They probably want to maintain a quality bar; I think that's fair, considering the nature of the device.

Comment

Yep. Pc has the quantity but the best VR games are on the PS4. There is a steady stream of stuff coming out. More than enough for my needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  They probably want to maintain a quality bar; I think that's fair, considering the nature of the device.
                  Yea possibly. On a plus I see recroom is getting cross play with PC users.

Comment

For the upcoming days of Play promotion PSVR Starter Pack is going to take another tumble in price, this time to around £200

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      For the upcoming days of Play promotion PSVR Starter Pack is going to take another tumble in price, this time to around £200
                      I might actually crack this time.

Comment

Geez, well worth it for that!

Comment

Sony website is saying £199 for PSVR starter pack + either Wipeout Omega or GT Sport.

£200 with Wipeout....man is that tempting!

Comment

Wow, gotta do it for that price. £200 for wipeout VR is worth it on its own

Comment

Do you have a link to that deal? I can only see the £260 starter pack.

EDIT: Never mind, I see it's next month it starts.
                              Last edited by Colin; 29-05-2018, 19:37.

Comment

VR isn't worth £100 in my opinion. Donning the headset for the first time, loading up a game and looking around feels incredible, definitely, but, for me, the novelty wore off after a couple of days. And without that... I don't wanna say gimmick because it's not a gimmick, but without that feeling, that sense of wonder, without the appreciation that you're in a VR world then all you're left with is a very low resolution experience. It hasn't exactly led to any innovations in gameplay yet either. I find it too solitary a form of gaming too. And I feel like a nob with the headset on.

Comment

Working...
                                X