No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] If you wouldn't mind that's be awesome.

Cheers Neily boy!!

Comment

If Neil forgets whist dropping off Dogg's dry cleaning, Ghostbusters is £4.05 on Amazon:

Comment

In that case [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] don't go out of your way.

I've just ordered it from Amazon. Saves faffing with postage and stuff too.

Many massive thanks for the offer though.

Comment

You still need to sort Dogg's dry cleaning out, mind.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            You still need to sort Dogg's dry cleaning out, mind.
            If he does me an avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              On Tuesday, could you pop in and pick me up some and also a packet of cheese and onion and a Twix? Also seeing as you’re going in anyway, I have some dry cleaning to be dropped off.

Anyone else need anything?
              Ha ha I laughed way to hard at this

If Neil forgets whist dropping off Dogg's dry cleaning, Ghostbusters is £4.05 on Amazon:
              https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ghostbuster...DYGCHMK3ERQF9X
              Well that's a damn fine price too.

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              In that case @Soundwave don't go out of your way.

I've just ordered it from Amazon. Saves faffing with postage and stuff too.

Many massive thanks for the offer though.
              No worries dude happy to help
              Makes way more sense to go that route

Also if anyone is looking for 3D version of JW: Fallen Kingdom them Zoom are doing it for £2.99 at the moment...

HMV are offering the same if bought with another product.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                Also if anyone is looking for 3D version of JW: Fallen Kingdom them Zoom are doing it for £2.99 at the moment...

HMV are offering the same if bought with another product.

Neil
                I was thinking the other day I wanted to add this to my collection as I didn't see it at the cinema and you can't go wrong with some 3D dino action.

Have you seen the original Jurassic Park in 3D?
                Films not shot in 3D and made sterescopic in post-production don't always work because even films made in 3D it is usually an afterthought. However, this worked really well (as did Predator and T2), but that's because Spielberg is a master.

You take for granted how he's shooting, because of what he's shooting. In this case, dinos!

I watched this interesting YouTube video about it:

Comment

I mean, look at this shot:

Comment

I was thinking the other day I wanted to add this to my collection as I didn't see it at the cinema and you can't go wrong with some 3D dino action.

Have you seen the original Jurassic Park in 3D?
                    Films not shot in 3D and made sterescopic in post-production don't always work because even films made in 3D it is usually an afterthought. However, this worked really well (as did Predator and T2), but that's because Spielberg is a master.

You take for granted how he's shooting, because of what he's shooting. In this case, dinos!

I watched this interesting YouTube video about it:
                    Spielberg has an almost effortless way of directing. I like rewatching his films and just analysing his camera work and his storytelling. Last Crusade is a good one for that.
                    There is a Netflix doc about his rise as a director.

Comment

I watched that JP vid on youtube last week (it was just on the home page) Really interesting stuff, but the kind of thing I normally approach with caution as there are some things I prefer not knowing. I like to get the effect of the magic without understanding why. Maximum immersion is king ... hence I rarely peek behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        I watched that JP vid on youtube last week (it was just on the home page) Really interesting stuff, but the kind of thing I normally approach with caution as there are some things I prefer not knowing. I like to get the effect of the magic without understanding why. Maximum immersion is king ... hence I rarely peek behind the curtain.
                        Lesson learned from that time you peeked behind the curtains at the changing rooms down the shops?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          I totally understand this. On one hand I find it fascinating (or used to - without in any way discounting the work and talent involved, the answer now is usually: we made it with CGI) but, yeah, I think we probably know too much about movies. It would be nice to have that magic.

Comment

Yeah, I kinda get that, like those shows that ruin magic tricks.

Part of me wants to see how the JP ride works, but I'll regret it if I did.

However, there's nothing wrong in taking a step back from a film to admire how a shot is set up and how the director is influencing your reaction from what you're seeing.

It's easy to take for granted in Spielberg's films that he's a great director, when the films themselves are usually so good.

Comment

2 more cheapies from HMV today

Another 3D get in Terminator Genisys & a ridiculously cheap Steelbook of Preacher season 1

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post

This came today.
                                Couldn't resist for £2.99!
                                Cheers [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION].

Comment

Working...
                                X