User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dark Souls III

I wonder if that's how most people feel when they first play a DS game. I remember the first time I played DS1. I think I thought well this is rubbish and dumped it for 6 months. After which I came back to it and try again out of boredom and it clicked. Praise the Sun.

プレイステーション
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I3th Racing PSN ID: Mr_Karate
    That’s how I started. I bought Demon’s when it came out in Hong Kong. I played it for about an hour and hated it. Then exactly a year later, I gave it another go because I was bored. It clicked and I’ve been playing them all like they’re going out of fashion ever since.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

As above except I only waited a week before trying it again and falling in love with it. First go I'd been basically trying to kill first boss with the hilt of a broken sword as I didn't understand weapon degradation.

Struggling with this. Must be getting old I reckon. Regular knights are kicking my arse. I even restarted with the Knight build. The first 'boss' went down easy, I even took the crystal thing on in the starting area and downed it first time and regular minions are no problem, I can dodge, get backstabs in etc. but the knights just absolutely batter me! I'm thinking I may have to bring my parry game to the table.

Oh, also I hadn't turned on boost mode on my pro. What a tool! DS3 seems to run at 60fps now, with occasional dips. Quite impressive!

プレイステーション
    Gamer IDs

Just run from the knights. Come back once you’re tougher.

It runs at about 45fps on a Pro. It’s much better than in a base unit though, and makes a nigh on impossible boss actually doable.
    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 13-06-2018 at 06:10 PM.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Yeah I just ran past them all to the second boss last night. Almost did him first go too; no real strategy, just up in his grill hitting and rolling lol.

I'm enjoying the QOL stuff like weapon degradation resetting at bonfires. Does make me wonder though why they bothered keeping it in there at all. All it really does is make me make sure I have a spare weapon with me.

Panic over. I remembered how to play last night. Those knights don't stand a chance now. Backstabbing those bastards like a ninja. Apart from the red eyed one who destroyed me lol.

Got an axe that's pretty quick. Not sure if I prefer it over the sword. I want my strength up so I can equip a halbard at the same time for long distance poking of some of the more irritating enemies.

プレイステーション
    Gamer IDs

It just takes a little while if you haven’t played in some time.

I don’t mind jumping in with you if you need some help too. III is great for coop.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Cheers. Will call on you of I get stuck.

Reverted to my deprived character, took out all the Knights bar red eyes and did boss on first go. Pumping souls into stamina and dex. Have forgotten how summoning works entirely. Gonna read up on a good dex build. Usually wait til ng+ before planning a build but time is short these days!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

@Brad I seem to remember there's a great dex weapon available very early on in the game

Uchigatana

I went down the strength/Dark Sword route when I played it.