No announcement yet.

Dark Souls III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I just ran past them all to the second boss last night. Almost did him first go too; no real strategy, just up in his grill hitting and rolling lol.

I'm enjoying the QOL stuff like weapon degradation resetting at bonfires. Does make me wonder though why they bothered keeping it in there at all. All it really does is make me make sure I have a spare weapon with me.

Comment

Panic over. I remembered how to play last night. Those knights don't stand a chance now. Backstabbing those bastards like a ninja. Apart from the red eyed one who destroyed me lol.

Got an axe that's pretty quick. Not sure if I prefer it over the sword. I want my strength up so I can equip a halbard at the same time for long distance poking of some of the more irritating enemies.

Comment

It just takes a little while if you haven’t played in some time.

I don’t mind jumping in with you if you need some help too. III is great for coop.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Cheers. Will call on you of I get stuck.

Reverted to my deprived character, took out all the Knights bar red eyes and did boss on first go. Pumping souls into stamina and dex. Have forgotten how summoning works entirely. Gonna read up on a good dex build. Usually wait til ng+ before planning a build but time is short these days!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

[MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION] I seem to remember there's a great dex weapon available very early on in the game

Uchigatana

I went down the strength/Dark Sword route when I played it.

Comment

Cheers, I went and got the weapon you mentioned and have it as my main.

Getting arse kicked by the human NPC by the cathedral! The one down the side path, not the one actually guarding the entrance. I can get close to taking him if I use a rapier with its poise moves but he's an absolute bastard! Changes his strategy and moves/weapons all the time. I'm having fun trying to work out how to kill him though and he's right next to a fire so it's quick to get to him.

Comment

Ah, the black knight guy? Yeah I remember him being tricky. It's been a while since I've played this though so my advice is, er, try rolling...

Seriously though I think I did just roll like mad around that guy. I used the uchigatana as my main too.

Tip: not sure if you know, but in the upcoming cathedral section there's a character who will allow you to reroll. They're quite well hidden though so you may need to use a guide to find them (I did at least).

Comment

So Sekiro didn't arrive today meant that I put this on just now.

It is a weird experience going from DS1 to DS3 and I am totally lost.

I actually think I am in a NG++ cycle but I have never completed any of the DLC. So I am trundling around the painted world but getting my ass whupped at SL137. Much harder than I remember, or maybe I am just rusty.

Had a look at the trophies I am missing and its the usual get all of X stuff except there feels like there is much more to do here as well as a lot of mechanics that I have forgotten about. I think I'll need another full playthrough to reacquaint myself with what I need to do but in all honesty I think I would rather wait a bit and start Sekiro when it shows up.

Comment

DS II is actually not as bad as people say. It’s probably the easiest platinum of all three of them. I actually enjoyed it myself. Some of the best Souls bosses can be found in this game; and it is by far the most challenging IMO.

Stick with it. I’m hella rusty too I’d imagine, but I’ve got a seriously OP chara if you really need some help.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                      DS II is actually not as bad as people say. It’s probably the easiest platinum of all three of them. I actually enjoyed it myself. Some of the best Souls bosses can be found in this game; and it is by far the most challenging IMO.

Stick with it. I’m hella rusty too I’d imagine, but I’ve got a seriously OP chara if you really need some help.
                      I will finish it off I'm sure, I just don't know when. I have a really good set muscle memory path through DS1 but here I just recognise parts so it is almost like I need to relearn the route etc! Which probably makes for a more fun experience overall, when I can make the time.

Comment

I've revisited with my Hollow Thief build, loving the game again! Might restart with a strength 2 handed weapon next, I've never been good with this type of build so fingers crossed!

Comment

Playing my 2H strength build, it's great fun but some enemies are very difficult as I am really slow fat rolling etc. When you hit it's great but when you don't then you're in big trouble.

Having some difficulties with the Ariandel DLC ; I'm SL90 so not under levelled. Also found Nameless King almost impossible @ around SL80 odd, so coming back to that boss later!!

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                            Playing my 2H strength build, it's great fun but some enemies are very difficult as I am really slow fat rolling etc. When you hit it's great but when you don't then you're in big trouble.

Having some difficulties with the Ariandel DLC ; I'm SL90 so not under levelled. Also found Nameless King almost impossible @ around SL80 odd, so coming back to that boss later!!
                            I remember nameless king being pretty tough actually. I wonder if there is a nice cheese for him...

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                              I remember nameless king being pretty tough actually. I wonder if there is a nice cheese for him...

Comment

Picked this up for £9. DS2 almost killed me, so this should finish me off.

Comment

Working...
                                X