This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    So yeah, let's have lots of property crashes please.
    Leaving people in negative equity? Yeah, let's not.

Comment

The idea that house prices should keep shooting up is exactly how lots of people landed in that situation. Nobody should be getting a 125% mortgage. Banks shouldn’t have been doing that and it contributes to artificially inflated prices and again the wrong people benefit.

Comment

You can't get 125% mortgages any more - but a crash doesn't help the housing market, it means less people are able to move, especially those people who have high LTV mortgage. It has little impact to those rich folk who have the capital (and no mortgages) who can ride out the bad times.
        Last edited by MartyG; 29-08-2018, 12:13.

Comment

And yet still the second sentence in an example of negative equity was about a 125% mortgage which is how bubbles happen. It's artificial and it will burst eventually. Protecting that status quo only makes it worse so I'm still left with the same thoughts. If wages increased at the same rate as property prices, I'd feel very different but the balance has shifted badly and it needs to be restored and, yeah, probably won't be fun for many if that happens but I feel it would be better overall.

Comment

The article was about the 2008 crash when 125% mortgages were common place. When the housing market collapsed in 2008, the number of house sales plummeted

It still hasn't recovered to any where near the levels prior to 2008. It will not help first time buyers if there are no properties there to buy. It will massively impact those people who've recently bought properties.

It will not impact on the rich, who will be able to hoover up cheap properties by the dozens. Increasing the number of affordable new builds whilst reducing the number of residential properties that are purely bought for investment through rental is a better way of managing the housing issues the UK has.

A price reduction on properties especially in London and the SE is not a bad thing (and this has actually been happening for the last year), but a house price crash will not be a good thing for the UK and its economy.
            Last edited by MartyG; 29-08-2018, 13:06.

Comment

I only said London, Its London inflation creep that's the problem here plain and simple for its surrounding counties. As soon as you exit Londons influence sphere house prices drop dramatically.

Comment

Michel Barnier, the EU’s chief Brexit negotiator for Europe, said the bloc is prepared to offer the UK a unique deal, helping the pound against the dollar and the euro

The pound has risen as Barnier suddenly changes tact and says the EU is to offer the UK a trade deal the likes of which has never been seen before. Presumably it's either something very soft which will probably save them face after MPs here shoot it down in the vote for not being Leave enough or something decent put together as an 11th hour offering because the UK likely would actually go through with a No Deal outcome.

Comment

One most would agree on, the EU is to recommend member states discontinue daylights saving clock changes. They surveyed and the results showed 80% of those polled disliked the twice yearly clock change. Should the change come into effect it is being pushed that summer time hours be the one kept for marginally lighter evenings.

Juncker said:
                  “I will recommend to the commission that, if you ask the citizens, then you have to do what the citizens say,”

... sure I've heard that before

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ht-saving-time

One most would agree on, the EU is to recommend member states discontinue daylights saving clock changes. They surveyed and the results showed 80% of those polled disliked the twice yearly clock change. Should the change come into effect it is being pushed that summer time hours be the one kept for marginally lighter evenings.

Juncker said:
                    “I will recommend to the commission that, if you ask the citizens, then you have to do what the citizens say,”

... sure I've heard that before
                    There is a reason why we might object; it tends to affect the northern countries more than the southern ones. I've been told in the past that this would make a very big difference in Scotland. But you know how it'll go...

Err, it's BRITISH Summer Time mate. **** the frogs. We're going it alone.

Comment

I'm all for Winter time, summer time sucks along with its 11pm and still light evening.

Comment

Does Team Andromeda still bang the amazing Brexit drum? Surely it has a massive hole in it.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                          Does Team Andromeda still bang the amazing Brexit drum? Surely it has a massive hole in it.
                          Will o' dee peeple, innit? Even if referendums by their very nature aren't supposed to be legally binding, even if the peeple were outright lied to by hard-line Brexiteers and even if Vote Leave literally openly broke campaign spending rules in the process.

Will o' dee peeple, innit?
                          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 31-08-2018, 15:59.

Comment

That's democracy and you have to accept it BUT DON'T DARE HAVE ANOTHER REFERENDUM THAT WOULDN'T BE DEMOCRACY AT ALL IT WOULD BE THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF DEMOCRACY.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                              If it's native 4K then yes.

Comment

You can't have another referendum that says stay or leave, but could have another that says "Considering no one could be bothered to negotiate a deal, should we stay for now until someone has bothered to get one, or leave now anyway? Here are a detailed list of facts to help you decide. etc."

My neighbour shared a bunch of stuff from the "Jacob rees mogg supporters" group. I reported the group for being a massive breeding ground for hate. In a completely surprising first, Facebook said that they had gone through and removed a large number of hate inciting posts from the group. I've reported loads of stuff before but they've always said "not outside our guidelines". So it took a bunch of nasty brexit supporters to push Facebook into action.... Note: brexit supporters fine - these ones are one step away from Britain First.

Comment

Working...
                                X