X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit. Wrong thread.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
      Does Team Andromeda still bang the amazing Brexit drum? Surely it has a massive hole in it.
      Can't wait myself. Nice to see you're still banging the grudge and hate drum.. Almost as tried as brexit it's self...

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
        Will o' dee peeple, innit? Even if referendums by their very nature aren't supposed to be legally binding
        Really tell that to the Scottish, that Ref seemed binding, tell it to the Welsh who's last Ref was also binding, forget about the 47% over 49.70% In Wales voted against the talk shop that is the Welsh Assembly but the result was carried out in Full ... And spare a thought, for the poor sods that had a ref to join the Euro... Poor people. REFs are binding.. or so its seems.

By all means the UK can have a ref, but the question will have to be do you want to 'Join' the EU, because last time the country voted to leave... Got to love democracy..

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
          If it's native 4K then yes.
          Oh yes,. Just as long as its USA 4k tech. Sod the EU. USA is where its at for 4K gaming, be that on the PCs or Consoles.. God bless AMD and Nvida..

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
            Can't wait myself. Nice to see you're still banging the grudge and hate drum.. Almost as tried as brexit it's self...
            You're a slimy ****ing ****.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
              You're a slimy ****ing ****.
              Sad to see how brexit have turned people. So glad I don't bang the drum anymore and moved on...

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                Really tell that to the Scottish, that Ref seemed binding, tell it to the Welsh who's last Ref was also binding, forget about the 47% over 49.70% In Wales voted against the talk shop that is the Welsh Assembly but the result was carried out in Full ... And spare a thought, for the poor sods that had a ref to join the Euro... Poor people. REFs are binding.. or so its seems.

By all means the UK can have a ref, but the question will have to be do you want to 'Join' the EU, because last time the country voted to leave... Got to love democracy..
                Will O' dee peeple, innit?

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                  Will O' dee peeple, innit?
                  Or just the facts, since 1973 can you point us to a UK referendum result, that's wasn't respected and carried out in Full?

Comment

I don't agree with @Team Andromeda's preference for the outcome (i.e. I was a remainer and still think we should remain) but much as it pains me to say it, I think he's right.

For the people who are genuinely trying to overturn the vote (I know some of them who have marched for it), I just can't agree with that - I could only agree with it if the circumstances had significantly changed since the vote occurred (e.g., I dunno, Grexit had happened and changed the nature of the EU economy somehow, or we'd experienced a genuine economic disaster since).

People are lamenting the "no deal" scenario which is looming, but it's really no different to how things were when the vote was carried out. We didn't know exactly what Brexit was pre-vote, only that it was a vague "leave the EU" thing, and we still don't know that now. Nothing has changed.

The tories ****ed up this referendum the same way the government screwed up the last voting reform referendum. They stacked the deck and gave two choices, assuming they'd win because they didn't believe the electorate could possibly pick the alternative. That time they got it right (only because of the ridiculous nature of the question they posed) and this time they got it wrong.

We have to leave.

I think it's going to be problematic in the short term and I don't see what we gain in the long term, but it's what people want, and I respect the rule of democracy. To do anything else is to suggest we should retract it because business thinks so (we're not a plutocracy) or because the smarter people think so (we're not a geniocracy).

We need to leave and get it done if only so in 2028 we can have another referendum and join again, if things go badly for us. All the remainers, now, should focus their energies on making sure that...

• ... when people complain about consumer prices going up and not being able to afford stuff...
                    • ... when people complain about the NHS being short-staffed or even demolished...
                    • ... when people complain about how workers used to have more rights...
                    • ... when standards on imports slip because the government wants to make it easier to import stuff...
                    • ... when people complain that it's difficult for them to go get pissed for 2 weeks in Benidorm on their stag do...

... that you're there to insist that it's not the Europeans being disagreeable. It's Brexit, which "we" (perhaps they themselves) chose. Because the media's going to do everything it can to blame every problem that arises on the EU. Border checks in Ireland? That's the EU. Problems with flights to Alicante? That's the Spanish being dicks, apparently. The Sun will have headlines about it, because people don't like to think it's their fault, but it will be.

And if things go well? Then I guess we all benefit. I'll happily say I was wrong; hell, I've been wrong plenty of times before. I would like to be wrong, because we are leaving and we've got to make out peace with that.

Comment

Those headlines about the EU being dicks have already started. I've seen several Fail headlines shared on my feed (I keep asking them to stop sharing that site, but hey...) moaning about how the EU are going to remove our access to various EU things when we leave the EU. Or being charged extra for roaming by vodafone when abroad, because hey, we won't be in their EU roaming zone any more. It's not rocket science. Being in the EU has some benefits, so we lose those benefits but hopefully gain some new benefits too. Like being able to cancel the human rights laws so we can expel all the darkies or anyone that looks a bit funny or is muslamic.

Comment

I don't think muslamic is a word is it? Second time I've seen it used on here. I might be wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          We have to leave.
                          No. No we don't.

When you drunkenly agree to cut one of your legs off next week for a million pounds then wake up in the morning to discover it was monopoly money, you change your mind.

Stupidly ploughing ahead with something when the outcome means crippling the country, isn't democracy it's idiocracy.

Comment

Asura, putting energy into saying it’s not the EU’s fault won’t actually change anything because you’re out. People can do more than look at where to assign blame. The repercussions of Brexit are much clearer now than they were at the time of the vote. The vote was in part based on lies and broken rules. So it’s wrong to say that nothing has changed because it has - the circumstances cited at the time of the vote are not what people will get. If the vote has to be adhered to based on that, then that bus money should be forced to go to the NHS. But it won’t.

The fact that the rules were broken alone should render the referendum void. It is not in any way democratic to have a compromised referendum dictate something that will change a country for decades.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              I don't think muslamic is a word is it? Second time I've seen it used on here. I might be wrong!
                              It's a word I use when pretending to be a bigot, i.e. a bit stupid.

Comment

Lol my bad

Comment

Working...
                                X