Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who would trust a deal done with Trump regardless? Who wants to lower our food standards so we can have imports such US chlorinated chicken and growth hormone fed beef?
    Last edited by MartyG; 13-07-2018, 05:00.

Comment

I’d imagine plenty of folk wouldn’t give a fook. Have you eaten a McDonalds? Crap. But very popular.

Comment

Not convinced ‘out of the EU, into the Trump’ would be any kind of step up.

Comment

May: "So, that trade deal..."
          Trump: "As I've said before, I - the Donald Trump - only make the best deals with those who meet my expectations. The best. Your Brexit plan, is the worst."

May: "... but you know... a generous deal would really wind up Obama"

-TWO WEEKS LATER-

Trump: "I'm pleased to announce a new US-UK deal that's tariff free!"

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            I’d imagine plenty of folk wouldn’t give a fook. Have you eaten a McDonalds? Crap. But very popular.
            I haven't had crap burgers since I was a child. I rarely eat any take-away food, preferring to prep and cook my meal from scratch.

Comment

It's only been a few hours and Trump has already...

-Berated the current Brexit strategy
              -Almost ruled out a UK-US Trade Agreement
              -Hailed Boris Johnson as the next great Prime Minister
              -Criticised Sadiq Khan as doing a poor job running London

Comment

Yep. That’s Trump. It is abundantly clear now that there is no good Brexit. If there were, someone would have found it by now. No matter what, it will be terrible. It is poison for everyone. I don’t even blame May - good Brexit doesn’t exist. On the other side of the Atlantic, Trump will be remembered as the worst president in history. He is a moron. In a movie, it would be a comedy. In real life, it’s tragedy. So do you want to be the person who gets into not one but both of these? Anyone who makes conssessions to Trump now will quickly end up being vilified in the history books. He’s as poisonous as Brexit itself.

Seems the only working strategy now is to retreat the UK into a cave for a couple of decades, put on some makeup and a new outfit and come out later with a big smile and pretend none of this ever happened.

Comment

Have you listened to the interview?

He is spot on with everything he says.

He may be a bumbling fool, but everything he said was true.

Comment

Here is the leader of the EU, Mr Juncker, an absolute alcoholic and making all the decisions, unelected leader at that...

The European Commission President was attending a dinner at the NATO summit in Brussels attended by US President Donald Trump and a number of other world lea...

Brexit could have been good for the little guy, sure some of the financial institutions and the bigger boys may have taken a bit of a hit, but it could have balanced things out a bit across the country. Not anymore. The deal May has come up with is laughable, and will hurt the UK massively.

The EU is hiding the financial mess the whole thing is in at the moment, it is a breaking point.
                    Look up Target2 to see the real elephant in the room.

This is why they were so scared that Italy would vote out, it would have seen the EU collapse.

At the moment the ECB is printing money to pay the debts of the smaller nations to Germany.

The whole thing is such a shame, if we had remained a trading union where we could have travelled freely to work it would have been great, trying to get every country on a level playing field financially was never going to work, and rather than admitting it was failing they decided to try and put more and more rules in place and level things even more.

Juncker at al have ruined what should have been a wonderful thing.
                    Last edited by gIzzE; 13-07-2018, 09:06.

Comment

Theresa May’s vision for Brexit has received its first serious knockback from Brussels as MEPs objected to her plan for maintaining frictionless trade.

The White Paper seems to be receiving its first knock back from the EU.

It seems abundantly clear, as it has for a long time, that the EU's sole position is that the UK has to either fold on everything and effectively become a bit of a slave state to EU law or go all out for Hard Brexit. The UK government is just continuing a two year habit of repeatedly approaching them with variations of the same plan that the EU ruled out on Day One.

Comment

Is this remotely surprising? The idea that you could leave and yet still have all the benefits is and always has been ridiculous. “Slave state” is a bit much though. Other states pay into the EU to get certain benefits but have to abide by rules to do so. Doesn’t make them slave states. That’s the kind of OTT rhetoric that got you here.

Comment

I agree with Jacob Rees-Mogg's stance on the matter. People voted for Brexit because they want the UK government to sever ties with the EU; and by doing so, become a completely sovereign nation again.

People didn't vote for some kind of Brexit. No, they simply voted for the UK government to completely divorce itself from the EU. Whether it upsets some people, or not, is irrelevant. It would be like some people not accepting a Labour win if they voted for Conservative in a general election. It's fine to be upset when you don't get what you want, but you can't go against democracy when you're not happy with the result of a democratic vote. Ultimately, whether you're on the winning or losing side, it's all about respecting democracy and then doing your best under the circumstances.

David Cameron should have accepted the result and drawn up a clear and positive plan for the country's future away from EU membership. When he went against this and betrayed the people, I knew the divorce process from the EU would be long and painful, with a conclusion that would most probably go against what Leavers expected when they voted.

It has been disgusting to see Remainers manipulate the situation, and clutch at straws to create excuses as to why a democratic vote shouldn't be honoured and stuck to 100%. Leavers didn't vote for a light, moderate, or heavy Brexit. No, they just want to be fully divorced from the EU. Simple as that. It would then be up to clever people in the government to create positive plans for the country's future away EU membership. That didn't happen, so a huge mess has been created, and lots of people now have even less faith in the UK government.
                          Last edited by Leon Retro; 13-07-2018, 09:41.

Comment

In other news: Noel Edmonds quits TV, joins government and advises Theresa May on Deal or No Deal.

Comment

If “positive plans” were possible, someone somewhere would have proposed them by now. “Plans”, sure. And I no longer buy that it’s what people voted for when pretty much everything they were told has been shown to have been false and the people who sold them those false ideas all ran for the hills. You can look at it very simplistically if you like and that’s just hard Brexit and hold onto your pants for dear life. Pretty sure what happens after that will not be what people thought they were getting when they voted.

Comment

Ask any leave or remain voter and they will give you 12 different reasons why they voted, some of which aren’t even being discussed anymore, some of which weren’t even on the table to start with.

You either voted,
                                Remain in the EU.
                                Leave the EU.

Both of which had their own problems that would have to be sorted, UK voted leave and now almost two years later we are no closer to a “good” deal because that deal doesn’t exist and it never has.

I just have to talk one point about the “America first” USA president offering us a deal, who will the deal favour? Certainly not the UK.

Comment

Working...
                                X