User Tag List

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Quote Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
    I wanted to know what bits he thought Trump had got wrong in that interview?
    Where did I say he did?

Why do you think people who live or have property in Europe would have voted remain?

Every single one of the friends I know who live or have places in Europe voted leave, or wanted out, bar one.

I think too many people still don't understand that leaving the EU is not leaving Europe.
    Where did I say that Brits living abroad would vote Remain? I didn't say that at all so please don't twist my words Brexiteer-style.

But if you wish to play that game, how do you know that every Brit abroad definitely wants to leave the EU? You don't.

It is a fact that, despite this affecting them as much or possibly more than us here at home, Brits living abroad in EU states were denied their right to vote on this - that is all I have stated. Therefore this clearly wasn't democratic by any stretch.

Though funnily enough, a lot of the major Brexiteer politicians involved in the Vote Leave campaign are now scrambling to acquire residency in other EU countries. Gee, I can't imagine why they'd do something like that.
    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 14-07-2018 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulos G View Post
    Where did I say he did?
    So you agree it was "fake news" or was it just the fact he used the cringeworthy term the reason you mentioned it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    Where did I say that Brits living abroad would vote Remain? I didn't say that at all so please don't twist my words Brexiteer-style.

But if you wish to play that game, how do you know that every Brit abroad definitely wants to leave the EU? You don't.

It is a fact that, despite this affecting them as much or possibly more than us here at home, Brits living abroad in EU states were denied their right to vote on this - that is all I have stated. Therefore this clearly wasn't democratic by any stretch.

Though funnily enough, a lot of the major Brexiteer politicians involved in the Vote Leave campaign are now scrambling to acquire residency in other EU countries. Gee, I can't imagine why they'd do something like that.

Brexiteer-style? OK.

Why mention it if you didn't think it would have changed the outcome? Just to do with the decision should be democratic?
    Where was the democratic vote to get ever more tied up to an EU system that many believe only benefits the few?

We can go on and on about the decisions we should have made over the years, but the reality is, a vote was taken and we are now putting the UK into a worse position than either staying in or leaving.

Brexiteer-style? OK.

Why mention it if you didn't think it would have changed the outcome? Just to do with the decision should be democratic?
    Where was the democratic vote to get ever more tied up to an EU system that many believe only benefits the few?

We can go on and on about the decisions we should have made over the years, but the reality is, a vote was taken and we are now putting the UK into a worse position than either staying in or leaving.
    So I've got this straight: You genuinely think that it's okay that a significant amount of British people were deliberately denied the right to vote on a referendum which shouldn't even be legally binding in any case?? Wow...just, wow...

You're damn right about the UK currently being put into a bad position, but anybody living in any kind of actual reality knows full well that none of the fault for this lays at the door of the EU or the people who wish to remain.

So I've got this straight: You genuinely think that it's okay that a significant amount of British people were deliberately denied the right to vote on a referendum which shouldn't even be legally binding in any case?? Wow...just, wow...
    Hold on, let's stop and think about this for a second.
    Brits who have lived abroad for more than 15 years were not allowed to vote in the referendum, in the same way they can't vote at elections either.
    I think after not living in a country for 15 years that is fair enough, many of my family have moved away, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and none of them felt hard done by, and none of them would have bothered voting either as they didn't feel it effected them any longer.
    I don't think it would have made any difference to the outcome at all.
    The fact you do? Wow.....just........wow!

You're damn right about the UK currently being put into a bad position, but anybody living in any kind of actual reality knows full well that none of the fault for this lays at the door of the EU or the people who wish to remain.
    So the EU slowing turning a trading bloc into what it has become without ever asking the people if that is what they want is nothing to do with them?
    Aa far as I am concerned that is, to borrow a phrase...wow.....just.....wow!

I think anyone who wants to remain in the EU is simply completely ignorant to what is going on within it, in the same way I am probably a thick racist bigot as far as you're concerned. I have spent the last 12 years studying the economics of the EU and I believe it is at breaking point, that was my reason for voting out. It is being covered up by the EU, ECB, governments, large corporations, Target2, and some of the leading EU banks who are over valued on their asset books by not just billions but trillions of Euro, the reality is we are almost at the point where we will see not just a recession but a depression like we have never seen before.

Sure the vote was probably won by people who don't want immigration or some other bollocks, but as far as I'm concerned the fact we are getting out I genuinely believe will be the best for the generations behind us, even if they simply can't see it now.

There are some real pluses to being within the EU, however, they are far outweighed by the corruption going on to hide the financial mess it is in, if it wasn't for that mess and the way they are trying to tie everyone into the EU more and more to hide it, I would have voted remain. But ho hum, these people never learn.

EU, a lovely idea, ruined.

I'd say I'd find it hard to put any blame for what's going on here on Remain voters, they liked the way things were and wanted to stick with them which is fair enough. I'm not sure how much but I'd definitely steer away from saying the EU was blame free though, there are multiple issues and concerns amongst EU nations that carry similar sentiments and problems as those the UK has been dealing with and the EU for too long was arrogant and ignored them. They've not entirely had a sunshine and lollipops run since the Referendum in other countries either at times. For the EU the Referendum was less a blindsided shock from nowhere and more:

They saw it coming, new the risk and the damage it would also cause to themselves and did nothing. They didn't need to do much either to defuse the situation, simply address the concerns with some hope of reviewing and responding to the key concerns that applied to other countries in the EU too but instead they didn't and let the entire thing unfold as it did. The EU is generally quite good at being hands off when it matters, like a Nanny who's quite good with your kids but you just wish they'd make more effort to keep the kids away from the kitchen knives drawer.

But again, in terms of all this having happened you could break down responsibility anyway you like, the vast-vast bulk of blame would be shouldered by Cameron. The referendum existed due to his career ambitions.

So you agree it was "fake news" or was it just the fact he used the cringeworthy term the reason you mentioned it?
    I don't know whether or not it was fake news. I just don't give credence to people who take a Humpty Dumpty approach to words. I do think the term “fake news” is cringeworthy but that's not why I mentioned it.