Horizon: Zero Dawn PS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horizon: Zero Dawn PS4

Ok so I thought I’d carry on my game last night after buying it a month or so back, putting in a few impressive hours then leaving it. So far so awesome, trapping machines, collecting parts and upgrading various bits as I go round what is essentially training, I’m enjoying it all so mop up all the secondary missions etc.

Finishing all that I move onto the brave trials, do the first part and then the ambush happens.

F**K ME DEAD this is some of the worst design I’ve seen in years this ambush. Fire arrows that are almost 1 hit kills, boss has a Gatling gun plus an almost invincible lackey, they glitch through the shock trap rope, plus your trapped until you kill them.

Awful awful design and instantly turned me off the game for good. Done. Out. Finished.
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 15-01-2018, 15:30.

Just finished this tonight. About 80 hours i guess with wandering about and so on. 7/10. Very repetitive. No big cinematic sequences or battles which i feel would have helped this. The ones that were present didn't have much impact.

For me the game was too big, something i also thought of the latest Zelda. That'd be fine if it held secrets and surprises aplenty but it didn't really.

Good character though. Nice that she wasn't sexualized as seems to be the norm for our hobby. I need more maturity in games. I blame the adolescent attitude of the developers and so on. The industry needs a movement akin to the one currently happening in film. I'm fed up playing games that appeal to heterosexual teenage boys.

The world was realised very well mind you. An artistic treat and technical marvel really.

Comment

I also found the main game too big and a bit of a slog, i did finish the story and loved the fights with the bigger robots but their was far to much emphases on fighting other humans, i call this the transformers paradox, the trailers show big robots and massive battles and that's what you think your getting but the reality is mainly Shia Labeouf.

I was gifted the DLC for this and it really shows how good the core gameplay is when its distilled down into a smaller area, it focuses on fighting the robots a lot more too so if you get chance to play it id recommend it over the core game.

Comment

It's a long way and doesn't deserve its own thread yet, but Guerrilla Games are hiring for a new open world game, but it's not clear if it's Horizon: Zero Dawn 2 ("Horizon: One Dawn", maybe?!).

Comment

I'm a few hours in just did my first Cauldron wow it was awesome. I must admit I'm loving it so far.

Comment

Just platinumed this bad boy & completed Frozen Wilds DLC, I only need to NG+ to complete everything. What a bloody great game. I loved the story, the world, quests, combat - everything. Some of the battles vs the bigger machines were epic. The really wide selection of tools meant you could approach combat in a variety of different ways, playing around with these was great fun. Cannot wait for the sequel.

Comment

Just started this. It’s lovely. The controls were a bit ropey to start with, but I’m gradually adapting.

It’s feeling like a mish mash of Tomb Raider, Far Cry and, in some odd way, Enslaved.

Fishbowlhead’s post has made me slightly apprehensive, but it’s definitely my kind of gam.

Comment

As you can tell I loved it Prinny, you're in for a real treat.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                  Just started this. It’s lovely. The controls were a bit ropey to start with, but I’m gradually adapting.

It’s feeling like a mish mash of Tomb Raider, Far Cry and, in some odd way, Enslaved.

Fishbowlhead’s post has made me slightly apprehensive, but it’s definitely my kind of gam.
                  Don’t let it put you off. Personal peeve that type of section. I actually switched it on a few months back to carry on and cleared that particular section in 10 seconds. To save you my frustration, when your trapped in the arena with the other braves, kill the chain gun guy first, then mow the rest down in 5 seconds. Don’t do what I did and get annoyed trying it another way, it’s not worth it.

Comment

This is good news, gentleman. It is all systems go.

Comment

Working...
                    X